Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
After the window shut  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 11:01 pm by shakencity

» Pep’s at it again
After the window shut  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
After the window shut  EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
After the window shut  EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
After the window shut  EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
After the window shut  EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
After the window shut  EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
After the window shut  EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
After the window shut  EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
After the window shut  EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

After the window shut

3 posters

Go down

After the window shut  Empty After the window shut

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:31 am

Finally it's shut so we can look forward knowing a lot more about where we and our rivals are as far as squad strength is concerned
We didn't particularly need anyone in a forward position other than for a plan b out wide so Sinclair may well fit the bill as Adam Johnson was never going to cut it for me,ok as an impact player for 20 mins but that's about it.Dont know a lot about Sinclair but if he is willing to put the work in that Johnson wasn't then he may find himself on the pitch far more often than has been suggested

Cover at centre half was always the area we wanted strengthening and Nastasic sounds like he will be ideal.Although Savic was supposed to be a top young player but he turned out to be inferior to titus Bramble which takes some doing
With Kolorov proving time and again he is the left back version of Savic it's good to see Maicon come in as cover and with Zabaleta Clichy and Richards we are well catered for there now

Nigel de Jong was likely to go and as sad as that is we move on and Garcia & Rodwell more than make up for his departure so with Barry back in a few weeks we are looking strong there too

Hopefully the Garcia signing will enable yaya to play further forward to where he's at his best and for me he's the best attacking midfield player around currently so when he's sat back babysitting the back line it's just a waste

As for our rivals I'm really pleased utd haven't strengthened the areas I felt were lacking last season.If they had bought someone like Fellaini or Garcia to play behind Carrick I would be much more fearful of them.All utd seem to have done is increased their goal threat when they were fairly potent anyway.Still not convinced they are particularly strong in either full back area but we will have to see
Chelsea incredibly haven't bought what they needed up front or at the back but concentrated on flooding their saturated midfield options again.
Consequently I don't believe Chelsea are the threat they should've been given the improvements they could've made and are fairly reliant on Hazard & Torres to provide the assists/ goals needed to challenge

Arsenal have simply been let down by their board and are a less ambitious club than QPR these days and it would really surprise me if they are top 4 in may

Spurs are a work in progress with AVB and I think Dempsey will do well for them but missing out on Moutinho means they are probably weaker than last year

Newcastle were very quiet in the window but have most importantly kept all their players so more of the same from them I think as they are a well organised decent side.Missing Ryan Taylor for a while now so how they fare juggling a smallish squad with PL and Europa will probably be key

Liverpool will almost certainly be more of a threat under Rodgers and they've bought well with the excellent Allen a massive improvement on Henderson and Adam.Couldve done with Dempsey as putting the ball in the net has been the Achilles heel for a while but raheem Stirling looks a much better option to Downing to provide Suarez with far better service.
Losing Lucas will be a big blow though but Rodgers seems far tactically astute than Dalglish for him to be missed as much as he was last year

Thoughts ?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

After the window shut  Empty Re: After the window shut

Post by Topdawg Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:52 pm

we have improved the squad for sure, but maybe not as much as i'd have hoped for.

utd needed players in defence rather than attack (as PPLF says) and they should have got baines to replace the ever weakening evra.

chelsea have spent over £80M and what they have got themselves is loads more midfielders. unless they play with 2 at the back, how are they going to accommodate all that talent? Eden Hazard will be a game changer against the weaker teams whilst they won't be good enough at the back for the top teams. I expect them to pick up many more points than last year just because of Hazard.

Arsenal could have done with 1 or 2 more good players (NDJ would have been good for them and inexpensive). Giroud doesn't look good enough for me and gervinho wasn't good enough last season.

spuds have got rid of a lot of players and haven't got enough quality in to replace them. I think dembele will be a great addition for them (would have liked him at city) but they needed a modric replacement.

liverpool have got rid of some shit, but too much shit remains. they should have paid the money for dempsey because, unless suarez finds a pair of shooting boots, where are the goals going to come from? Borini? I doubt it.

Newcastle did well to keep their players and added a little as well.

Everton have done good business, though not much. rodwell, injury prone and young, has been sold for a tidy sum and they re-invested it pretty well.

Top 4:

Manchester
Manchester
Chelsea
Everton
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:29 pm

i thought Maicon was a right back at inter, does he play both??
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down