Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
QPR match - why can't we put things to bed? EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
QPR match - why can't we put things to bed? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
QPR match - why can't we put things to bed? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
QPR match - why can't we put things to bed? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
QPR match - why can't we put things to bed? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
QPR match - why can't we put things to bed? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
QPR match - why can't we put things to bed? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
QPR match - why can't we put things to bed? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
QPR match - why can't we put things to bed? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
QPR match - why can't we put things to bed? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

QPR match - why can't we put things to bed?

5 posters

Go down

QPR match - why can't we put things to bed? Empty QPR match - why can't we put things to bed?

Post by Topdawg Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Our usual weaknesses surfaced in this game - we had total control of the game in the 1st half, created some good chances but couldn't stick them away. Put under pressure, sometimes we looked poor and all over the shop.

I was worried 2nd half that we'd concede and maybe even lose the game, that's how bad we became.

Worryingly, we've played two pretty poor teams at home, who could well be fighting against relegation, and not looked good enough. Against better teams, we'd get stuffed if we played like that. I bet Mr Mourinho is going to be sleeping easy tonight after watching that performance, though he may have been a bit worried after 20-25 minutes.

I'm glad we got some new faces in because players need to feel that pressure for the starting places. I can see Garcia getting a start next game.

And I can't finish without mentioning Kolarov. Crap defender, should've been sent off and he didn't redeem himself with his crosses. Clichy for next match please.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

QPR match - why can't we put things to bed? Empty Re: QPR match - why can't we put things to bed?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:15 pm

aye agree with most dogg... i think hart was to blame for the goal but we did take kur foot off after we scored...
gutted about dejong but i guess in the end money was more important to him an we made 15m loss on him at his prime...had 90% pass completion last year, the highest! add that to his tackles and break up play... this garcia fella has big boots to fill in...leaving niges cool personality and charm out of it...

Back to top Go down

QPR match - why can't we put things to bed? Empty Re: QPR match - why can't we put things to bed?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:17 pm

ps motd disgrace... playing the champions midway the show after fat sams team ffs! if it was the rags they would show them first for the whole season... cuntz!

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:24 am

i wouldn't pin the blame on hart for the goal as it took a deflection which made it a difficult save. silva lost the ball in our 1/3 started it off.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:11 am

maybe you are right but hart has looked rusty... i thought silva might have been fouled as well but again he dorsnt look too sharp these days either... hopefully get better before CL games commence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:23 am

we have looked sluggish this season - probably make winning the title much harder this time round with better teams about.

that clinical finishing has always been top of my wish list. if we had managed it yesterday, we'd have steamrollered qpr - 7 or 8 wouldn't have been out of the question.

the first 20-30 minutes against liverpool, we didn't press home our dominance. if we had, we'd have hammered them as they crumbled.

we've just got to stick the ball away when we are in the ascendency.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:23 am

im worried we play better teams we will get punished... these days even crap teams like qpr take 2 out of there 3 chances to score 2 goals... we have 20 to 30 goal attempts and score one or two goals.... and then kolarov letting the opposition score having done fuckall defensive work thruout the game... its not acceptable really...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Firstly, Kolarov, don't rate, lucky to stay on the pitch.
We need Bazza and DeJong's replacement integrated into the team pronto.
missed Clichy, his pace drives back the opposition, and he defends better than Kolarov too.
still, it's early days yet, and I think there's still a post Euro / Olympic hangover to some of the teams, it can't be coincidence that nearly all the top teams who provided players for Euros and Olympics have started slow?
Once the international breaks over, I'm sure we'll be closer to finishing off games easier, and being more lethal with our chances.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm more than happy that we've picked up 7 points having looked so lethargic.

I'm a happy and confident blue at the moment.

We can only improve, methinks.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:33 am

Can't remember Kolarov nearly getting sent off but i'll take your words for that and Hart surely can't be blamed for the goal......i thought it was a good save in all honesty.

The problem i saw most grating was Yaya sitting too deep too often again, with Rodwell coming in i actually thought we wouldn't see him again making up a 5 man defence.....but alas no, there he was at the side of Lescott and Vince. This invites the opposition onto us and when it's only 1-0, we're asking for trouble.

Imo, just like the Soton game we should have been home and dry before 60mins but i'm not overly concerned we've not put games to bed. If we weren't creating the chances then i would be, but we are and those goals will come........remember we've still scored 8 goals in 3 games this season anyway (and we're not clicking properly yet). It's the other end we seem to be struggling!!!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:49 am

kolarov barged into ferdinand, knocking him down. that could be excusable but he goes and barges into someone else a few minutes later. he didn't look like he was going for the ball.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:05 am

Can't remember that Dawg, but i never recall thinking Kolarov's gonna get sent off if he's not careful. I did leave after 88mins though as my daughter was getting bored and bugging me every 20 seconds to leave Wink , so i may have missed it.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:50 am

it happened much earlier in the 2nd half den.

i have to admit i was getting bored in the 1st half...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:22 pm

I don't think Hart is on form, to be honest. He's looked a bit slow getting down to low balls and I've noticed every single goal has been scored on his left side. I'd heard he picked up a knock in pre-season, maybe he's carrying it still?

Kolarov is rubbish, I can't understand why he's on the pitch instead of the vastly superior Clichy. And he managed to stay on the pitch for a full game, yet Zab didn't and he was on great form. Weird.

And what the hell is going on with Silva? Largely poor again, then had a strop when he got (unsurprisingly) subbed. Has he signed that contract yet? On current form, he'll be lucky to get an improved offer.

I don't know. We didn't look great, but the subs seemed very odd to me. Zab and Nasri, two of the small minority who looked like they wanted to get a result, get taken off. If Bobby's plan is to make it look like he's lost his marbles, he's doing a damn fine job of it.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down