Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Two things that really piss me off EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Two things that really piss me off EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Two things that really piss me off EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Two things that really piss me off EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Two things that really piss me off EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Two things that really piss me off EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Two things that really piss me off EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Two things that really piss me off EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Two things that really piss me off EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Two things that really piss me off EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Two things that really piss me off

+6
Paulpowersleftfoot
Bewar3them00n
Plays By Sense Of Smell
shakencity
ONH
Topdawg
10 posters

Go down

Two things that really piss me off Empty Two things that really piss me off

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:51 pm

There are more than two, but here goes.

Why are we hitting 60-70 yard passes, especially from our defenders? If they were that good, they'd be playing in fucking midfield.

Why do too many of our players think they can do everything themselves? Play as a fucking team why don't ya?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Two things that really piss me off Empty Re: Two things that really piss me off

Post by ONH Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:54 am

I thought you were pass masters?

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:21 am

sorry, 3 things....
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:38 am

Sorry fellas but this piss me off, Mancini waving imaginary cards AGAIN. Ffs, stop lowing yourself to other peoples standards, even i thought "what a prick" when i saw him doing it.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:02 am

bobby is under a lot of stress it seems. he looks jaded and tired.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:16 am

I hate to see him if we were bottom and not top then Dawg affraid .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:20 am

keep an eye on sparky as qpr continue to tumble...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:14 am

Shaken, agree about not liking the fact that we're lowering ourselves to other peoples' standards, and not having a go at you specifically,but the thing about all this that really p*sses me off is the utter hypocrisy of almost all who are debating it in the media.

I would say that everyone involved in the game can get immensely frustrated and try to influence the ref in the heat of the moment. On the pitch is where is probably where it carries most weight. Especially when you see stonwewall red after stonewall red refused after having one of your own sucumb to a technical interpretation of what could be viewed equally as an aberration or footballing genius, this is inevitable.

The biggest lunacy is the desire of all and sundry to want to focus so much on the 'influence' aspect even if it has no influence (such as Bobby on the sideline after the decision has been made).

This is peoples' opinion and perfectly within the rules. Why then does this become a bigger moot point than the apallingly crap reffing decisions and blatant cheating actions that bring them about (or not).

It's like watching a series of murders go unpunished then everyone complaining about the terrible tone of voice that the chief inspector used when talking to the press - utterly irrelevant to seeing justice prevail and just creating a smokescreen to the real problem.

The immediate off field antics of the manager do not influence the decision once made, the real crime has already happened on the pitch and is compounded by the lack of proper follow up/consistent even handed justice.

If card waving - i.e. trying to influence the referee to favour your team - is such hypocrisy and a terrible blight, why don't we ban crowds from games - surely 40,000 people are likely to have more of a partisan influence than one man waving his hand?

Jesus people get a grip!
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:18 am

PBSOS - very well put.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:18 am

Bobby is Italian, in Italy they wave imaginary cards.

Yes it irks me, but FFS it's not the end of the world.

Show Bobby some love, he is looking a little ragged at the moment.

He has slipped down my wife's list quite quickly at the moment, even she commented he looks rough Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:23 am

The title is about things pissing you off, this was mine.

As you say, it's never gonna change the decision of the ref, so why do it then? All i'm saying it just made Bobby look a knob that's all. He needs to simmer a tad.

If Fergie ran along the touchline waving his hands about, would you not be thinking "sit the fuck down you prick?", course you would.

Who gives a shit about the crowds reaction to a decision? No-one.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:37 am

blistering, is he lower than you in your wife's list yet?

it isn't the end of the world, as i have stated elsewhere there is plenty of actual cheating going on on the pitch - let's condemn that firstly and vehemently.

bobby is just misunderstood.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:48 am

It just seems to be an awful lot of decisions going against us at the moment, THe Vinny tackle, the Johnson on Lescott etc in the Liverpool game, now this goal stopping (potential) incident, 1-0 up against Wigan, who have given Chelsea and Liverpool torrid games recently, when we should have been 3 up by then.
Mancini was obviously praying we didn't do a Sunderland again, I think it was a combination of his utter frustration of not being 3-0 up, and all the recent injustices, getting on top of him.
Is it any different tho' than Rednose flapping up and down when he wants his own way? Mancini is Italian, he can only hold it simmering below a false calm for so long before he blows up in exasperation! Boom!!!

Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:50 am

Lol Dawg! I'm not on my wife's list, who knows though it is a leap year might get lucky tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:57 am

i'm lucky that i'm not on my wife's list blistering...

let's all get behind bobby and bring red cards to the next home match as well as dress up as prisoners as harry may well get banged up.

hope he gets banged when he gets banged up.

would you smash it jamie?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Shaken - totally understand, just having a rant at the unbalanced, burlesque and illogical media slant more than anything.

I think it's clear to see one of the things that does it for me - I feel the need to crusade against major INJUSTICE in all its forms

- unless I'm involved, in which case then, erm, oops, it was probably a misunderstanding or something Embarassed
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Lazy ignorant twats who park diagonally or across 2 bays when parking (if you were the selfish arsewipe who parked in 2 bays outside john lewis last Saturday,I'm sorry but the piece of paper under your wipers with the word "cunt" on it,that would have been me)

Young lads "low riding" showing the world their arses and walking like they've shit theirselves
Pull your fucking pants up

Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:09 pm

i really don't like that arse thing as well PPLF. It aint pretty at all.

people leaving dog shit lying around especially around schools - pick the fucking shit up you bastards
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Bar staff at the match who have NO clue who needs serving next!! Or generally have no clue Mad probably dont drink themselves...scruffy tax dodgers who dont even like football cant talk English and take so long you miss the kick off after waiting what seems a lifetime!!! Also the 4th offical... what the fook is he for??? standing by the opposing managers getting an ear bashing trying to justify when the Ref makes a complete balls up like the Vinny tackle the Handball, Johnsons tackle... and thats just against us recently... God i'm angry tonight!! Roll on Spuds.
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:07 am

To be honest I put waving imaginary cards in the same category as players swarming the referee to push for a desicion and managers berating the fourth official for 90mins - it's an aspect of the game that I don't like, but none the less it is now commonplace. It's also a joke that had Mancini simply bawled at the fourth official, nothing would have been made of this, as it is, the media are making it out to be something it isn't.

I understand why Mancini is irked at the moment, four red card situations in the past four games and they've all gone against us, but I agree with Shaken, if that was Taggart we'd all be telling him to sit the fuck down.

I don't think Mancini was trying to influence the referee, unlike Rooney, and that's why I don't think you can compare the two (as the media are), he has simply reacted to incompetent refereeing desicions. Which brings me onto my next point...

There's an article in the Guardian or Telegraph today saying the FA will take action against Mancini if he does this again as it undermines the 'Respect Campaign'. The FA have completely missed or at least failed to address the root of the problem, which is incompetent refereeing. The whole system needs a shake up, referees are far too protected. There's been a recent string of high profile gaffs, with little or no consequence for the offending referee. The root of the problem lies with the FA & the refs themselves, not the managers, players or fans, and until they address that problem then the whole Respect Campaign is doomed forever more.

Also, whether we do similar acts in the stands or even in the pub, these are the professionals and they should be judged by a higher standard than the rest of us. Not saying players/managers should show no emotion, but certain acts just aren't sporting behaviour.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:10 am

i've read a few of those articles bean and have had enough of this shit.

The FA are the ones that are undermining the respect campaign the most. just look at vinnie's red card as a good example. The FA said it was worthy of a red card and he is banned for 3 matches as a consequence as well as missing most of the FA cup tie. (4th match is due to cumulative red cards).

glenn johnson makes a much worse tackle and isn't even booked let alone sent off. we didn't even get a free kick!

The FA need to come out and fully explain why one was a red card and the other wasn't even a free kick. The ref saying why he made his decision would be excellent, but it is the FA that upholds those decisions.

I want the FA to come out and explain to me why Giggs' tackle from behind, two footed on Aguero wasn't even worthy of a yellow card.

I can accept (begrudgingly) mistakes made by refs on the pitch but the FA needs to act retrospectively and correct blatant incorrect decision which affect the livelihood of players and the heart strings of fans.

What if VK misses out on bonuses because he is missing 4 matches? What if he loses out on a couple of hundred thou? It's not all about money, but what if someone decided to take it further?

Ben Thatcher got banned for plenty of matches after his thuggery yet Rooney didn't get anything for his 'coming together' last season.

The FA has shown that they can act retrospectively, but until they do it every time, they will keep on undermining the respect campaign that they expect players and managers to adhere to. Where's the respect in that?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:23 am

It's bullshit. Gollum moans at the fourth official in every game, where's his slap on the wrist? Taggart is well known for haranguing the fourth official and has only once been brought to task.

So when did this three strikes thing come in? Oh, yeah, since we started doing it. Funny, that. I'm not normally given to conspiracy theories, but I'm really getting quite paranoid that the FA is doing everything it can to scupper our chances of getting anywhere this season. And that is really pissing me off big time, because I hate being made to feel like that.

Also the trousers thing. I don't want to know what brand of boxers you're wearing or that you've accessorised them with your Converse. Pull your fucking pants up! And while we're at it, I saw your girlfriend in Asda in her pyjamas. It's a supermarket, not her fucking bedroom! Tell her to get dressed, the bone idle cow!!

I need to lie down now...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:39 am

"haranguing"---is that a real word leo Laughing ?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:44 pm

leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:11 pm

While were on the teens with the lowriding arses, yes I'm over 40, but wear a belt with my Carharrts tho, so, if I need to run I don't fall over! Spitting on the pavement Fracking disgusting! I was pushing my 2 year old in his pram the other day, and one individual, spat a large one out in front of me, there was a head wind, and it curved back towards me and the little one, I went ballistic and unleashed a torrent on him. kids pushing infront of people getting on the bus, not letting old folk sit down, swearing infront of toddlers, namely my own, and I've had to repremand several schoolkids on numerous occasions...
Drivers who don't stop at zebra crossings!! then put their hands up to acknowledge the fact in some quasi apology! it's a friggin' requirement BY LAW to stop!! I have almost been run over at a Pelican crossing outside my son's nursery on about 5 occasions, red light on green man etc... I've just about managed not to drag the twots out of the car and beat them senseless...

Anyway, back to football, rant over for now, I see the FA are looking at Mancini's card waving, I think it's time for Red cards in the stands to be waved, that would be funny, they can't do anything about City fan's sense of humour!!!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Red cards for the spuds match as well as dressing up as prisoners so harry knows what to expect. maybe the odd gimp mask so he REALLY knows what to expect!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Anyone sit close enough to be able to throw a bar of soap at arrys feet? That'd be priceless.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Topdawg- excellent comments.If the officials were consistent there would be no reason for these reactions,and the respect campaign is just a joke.
How can the FA expect people to respect so much inconsistency?If the referee came out and explained his decisions he would command a hell of a lot more respect than they do now,even if you did not agree with them.But for them to just walk off and ignore the situation shows how arrogant they have become,and arrogance never gained anybody's respect!!

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:37 pm

One major problem is that the FA don't want to overrule the refs at all. They only do so in very rare cases.

Retrospective viewing and decision making should happen as we all know that ref are human (only just) and they do make mistakes.

This way we could get a reasonable level of consistency and players, managers and fans would all know where we stand.

Yes it could take ages to sift through games, but we should only really be looking at bookings and sendings off. Was the yellow/red card correct or should a yellow/red have been brandished when none was given?

I accept that it will take away some of the human element but what would happen if Bobby was to get the sack for finishing 2nd in the league (unlikely) and we can at least in part attribute it to Vinnie's 4 match ban?

If we have VK playing against the pool, that would have made such a huge difference. We may not have won, but we wouldn't have looked so edgy.

Mistakes can cost careers these days and I don't buy that they even themselves out over the season. If so, then Utd, Spuds, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool should do without one key player for 4 matches as well (aint gonna happen) when they have injuries, AWOL, ACON and other suspensions/fitness issues.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:34 pm

To be honest Dawg I think retrospective action on that scale is a rocky road, players going home and then turning up the next day at training to find they've been booked etc.

Can't really sit through and watch a match after it has been played to say X or Y should have been booked here, doesn't do any favours for the aggreaved team either as the match has already finished.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:05 am

i agree to some extent bean, but there have been so many obvious miscarriages that it is about time something was done.

look at how the review system is changing cricket. you get many more correct decisions especially on lbw for spinners. it stops batsmen just padding up or kicking the ball away. they have to play proper shots now.

start some proper retrospective decision making, and maybe that will cut out the unnecessary foul play.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down