Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Am i in the wrong? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Am i in the wrong? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Am i in the wrong? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Am i in the wrong? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Am i in the wrong? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Am i in the wrong? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Am i in the wrong? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Am i in the wrong? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Am i in the wrong? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Am i in the wrong? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Am i in the wrong?

+4
Topdawg
TMG
leopold
shakencity
8 posters

Go down

Am i in the wrong? Empty Am i in the wrong?

Post by shakencity Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:12 am

Picture this scenario: I'm sat in the conservatory watching the game last night, while the Mrs was sat in the lounge watching some drivel on Sky. Benzema's just scored to make it 2 all, when during a Sky break she decides to come in and start talking to me. At this point you have to bear in mind i'm a bit naffed as we've just conceeded but i've got in my head i'll settle for a point away in Madrid, so i grunt a few things back (not really listening).

Then, she starts walking around the conservatory shutting all the blinds (as i'd not be arsed to).....still mumbling something i'm still oblivious to. Then low and behold Ronaldo scores and i give out an almighty "FUCK IN EL", to which she gives me a quite scary stare.

After a few seconds silence she retorts "Have you not been listening to anything i've been saying?" Without even responding to such a stupid question, she walks out with a face like thunder and back into the lounge. Obviously i let her go and carried on watching the remaining few seconds before switching the telly off and joining the better half in the lounge.

Once there, she ignored me and refused to answer any of my questions (like, have you brewed up?) before saying "i'll ignore you, like you've just ignored me". Now don't get me wrong, we're back speaking now, but surely it was her mistake to come into the Conservatory "bugging" me 1st...especially at such a crucial stage of the game.

So guys, who was in the wrong for causing that silent half hour (which was bliss by the way Very Happy )?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Am i in the wrong? Empty Re: Am i in the wrong?

Post by leopold Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:29 am

Oh, my missus does that to me all the time and it's not just football, she'll start blathering on regardless of what I watch. I wouldn't mind, I don't even watch much telly, I'm pretty much just MoTD and Top Gear. And if she's nothing better to say, she'll go on about how Hansen is boring or how big a twat Clakson is - like I don't know already - and then moan at me when I don't respond.

Yet woe betide me if I dare to speak in the middle of one of her programmes! "Why can't you talk to me when the adverts are on? I've missed that bit now!" I wouldn't mind, but she watches some right shit. And who cares what Joey Essex or Kim Kardashian are up to? They've got one brain cell between them, why are we even watching this shite?????

Sorry, I'll calm down now.

Just to move Wensdi into a space marked "Women who don't fall into this generalisation" for a moment, women generally just don't get football's importance to us men. We've had thirty years of being emasculated and it's one of the few proper man refuges we have left. That and Top Gear and reading on the toilet.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:39 am

Ha ha Den. I've had 20 years of it mate ! If it had been me she would have a tirade of abuse about disturbing me whilst I'm trying to watch the footy.

There is no point even discussing it. Unless she has football in her blood she will never ever understand. Get a lock on the conservatory door is the only good advice I can give you

Alternatively talk all the way through Peter & Katie, Big Brother, Desperate Housewives or other woman dross and see how she likes it Twisted Evil
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:23 am

i'm fortunate that i just ignore my wife/the kids if i'm watching the footy. she can look after them while i watch the footy then i can take over afterwards, by which time she is well pissed off.

most of the time she knows not to disturb me when i am watching and she usually knows when we've not done well! she didn't disturb me for about 20 minutes after the match finished last night and she didn't even know it had finished!

a bit of blame on both side den. just tell her that there are only a few minutes left and you'll be free after that.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:34 pm

You are 100% in the right, why do they always decide that the most crucial part of a game or the most tense climax to a game is just the perfect time to ask if you "could change that bulb in the kitchen when you get the chance?" or "did you feed the dog?" Yet for 85 minutes or so they have other things to occupy them until that precise moment.Evil or Very Mad
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:45 pm

Actually, I feel I've been a tad unfair to my better half. She kept out of the way last night and did something else. Sometimes she'll watch matches with me, but she says I'm a right pain in the arse to watch games with as I get too worked up. Her response when I told her what had happened was her usual, "Never mind, it's only a game." And then I told her winker had scored the winner and she suddenly changed into, "Oh, for fucks sake, anyone but that arrogant arsehole!" God bless her I love you
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:27 pm

LOL - bunch of old women having a moan.

NO REALITY SHOWS AT ALL at our house - ever

Top Gear/History Channel/ Military channel for him

Footie, PBS or PSB - nature/history and FSC &ESPN - FOOTIE FOR ME

and of course - The Olympics this year

I prefer to read
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:18 am

Thanks for the responses lads and lass, i fell a tad better knowing i'm not on my own with this Wink Wink .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 am

All i get is " the ref can't hear you" or 'the players cant hear you' you don't need to shout.

If it is a late game which itusually is hear in oz she will shut the bedroom door ensuring i hear that which is her way of saying shut up.

She hates football anyway so i am sure she is doing it to wind me up but the way City have been performing of late it makes me an easy target.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:38 pm

I think you can consider yourself unlucky fella.....my missus doesn't speak to me...............FULL STOP. Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:14 pm

lucky bastard blue
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down