Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
City v Dortmund EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
City v Dortmund EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
City v Dortmund EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
City v Dortmund EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
City v Dortmund EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
City v Dortmund EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
City v Dortmund EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
City v Dortmund EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
City v Dortmund EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
City v Dortmund EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City v Dortmund

+7
blueboy
coolenglishbob
ManCityMan
TMG
Topdawg
shakencity
Paulpowersleftfoot
11 posters

Go down

City v Dortmund Empty City v Dortmund

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 am

Having watched a fair bit of the bundesliga,i know they will be a serious threat to us at the Etihad on wednesday night. Unlike a lot of european teams they will come and attack from the off,its how they always play whether they are home or away.
Last season we very nearly came unstuck with Napoli launching seriously quick counter attacks and i dont feel like we had done our homework on them,tactically we were all over the place.Dortmund are fairly similar in the way they break with pace so its imperative that we have runners in tracking back to help the defence out.
----------------------------------------------hart-------------------------------------------------------

----------zabaleta------------kompany-----------------------lescott------------clichy-------------------

-------------------milner------------------------------------------------barry---------------------------

---------------------------------------------yaya-------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------tevez-------------------------------silva--------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------aguero-----------------------------------------------------

Absolute must win game,anything less will probably see us back in the Europa league

Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

City v Dortmund Empty Re: City v Dortmund

Post by shakencity Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:11 am

You're right, this is a must win game. If they're all fit, i reckon he'll go with these:

.....................Hart

Maicon......Vince....Nastasic.....Clichy

Nasri.......Yaya.......Barry......Silva

.............Dzeko.......Aguero

Although there's every chance he could pick, Zab, Lescott, Milner, Tevez, Kolarov, Garcia, Rodwell, Balotelli, etc, etc, instead Rolling Eyes
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:29 am

I really want 2 DMs because our goals against this season is truly shocking.

I'd also like Dzeko to get a chance, but Tevez and Aguero make us tick up front with all their chasing.

Hart
Maicon, VK, Nasty, Kolarov
Garcia, Barry
Silva, Yaya, Aguero
Tevez
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:48 am

I've given up 2nd guessing Bobby. I really hope Maicon and Balotelli are nowhere near the team though?

I say PPLFs team is by far our best, with Dzeko on for last 20 mins

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:16 pm

As much as I agree wi PPLF s team I think he'l go for very attacking with
Hart
Zabba Vince Nasti Clichy
Nasri Yaya Silva Kolarov(Hope not)
Tevez Aguero

This would be fatal as we need some solidity in midfield otherwise we will concede yet again
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:19 pm

I think he will play Barry before Kolarov
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:46 pm

I am not going to play the guessing game,but we really do need our strongest team out tonight.If we do not get a result we are in deep dodo,and the Europa league beckons!!

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Maicon is 10 days away from being fit - Rodwell is fit I believe.

..................................................Hart...............................................................

Zaba.......................Kompany......................Natsasic...........................Clichy...

...............Garcia......................................................................Barry.................

....................................................Yaya............................................................

......................Silva........................................................Tevez..........................

...................................................Dzeko............................................................

IMO..........this'll be the team for tomorrow night with:

Rodwell, Aguero, Nasri, Kolorov, Milner, Balotelli, Pants all on the bench.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:37 pm

It's tomorrow Bob - its that other Manchester team tonight - LOL
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Blueboy,

you reckon Lescott wont even make the bench?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:24 pm

If Dortmund come to attack, that will suit us fine, we proved against Madrid we could counter well, and Dortmund aren't Madrid, and we've had a few more games under our belts since then, Silva is starting to shine, Yaya, Tevez, Dzeko will all be a menace, we just need to watch those Polish geezers down the wing and upfront, Lewandowski, Blaszczykowski and Piszczek.

Nastasic is starting to find his feet too, and think he'll be in infront of Lescott, in the CL it's all about ball retention and quick, accurate passing, not Lescott's forte I'm afraid. Lessons will have been learnt after the debacle in Madrid, apart from the very dodgy penalty at Fulham, I thought we contained them pretty well, showed signs that we've finally shaken off the slow start, and at home we should, should be too much for Dortmund.
Dzeko will most def start, as he's been in the best form since this time last season, and we all know what happened then eh Roberto? ( you dropped him) plus against German opponents, he'll be well fired up.
I'll go for a 2-0 City win, Dzeko and Garcia both from set pieces.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Is it me, or does it sound like you've got the flu when you say Blaszczykowski?

Whatever team comes on tonight, they need to be up for it. Anything less than a win and we're stuffed. I can only see Madrid winning tonight, which means our direct competition is Dortmund and I want us to do to them what Napoli did to us last season.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:23 pm

ManCityMan wrote:Blueboy,

you reckon Lescott wont even make the bench?

Ok - add Lezza as well - the new 'forgotten man'. Embarassed
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Touche~Wensdy-I get soo excited these days I get mixed up!!Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:44 pm

Team for tonight

..................................................Hart...............................................................

Zaba.......................Kompany......................Natsasic...........................Clichy...

...............Garcia......................................................................Nasri.................

....................................................Yaya............................................................

......................Silva........................................................Aguero..........................

...................................................Dzeko............................................................
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Yep...not far off mine, Nasri in for Barry - good attacking selection, but a little surprised he went for Aguero ahead of Tevez, I called it the other way around.

Still - we need the win and I'm sure we will see Tevez on at some point.

Come on City!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Looks like Lescott and Milner both left out in the cold (a little too often for me). Where's Barry?
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:49 pm

No score at HT - anybody out there watching it?
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Poor
Poor finishing by City in the 1st half, Aguero had 3 chances to just slip it past the keeper, but hit it at the keeper everytime.
Silva missed an open goal
Hart was outstanding, man of the match
Dortmund were fantastic, pressed everytime we got the ball, marked Yaya out of the game, they did their homework, Mancini didn't, he just doesn't have the chops for CL, sorry to say, but it's true, no plan B

To do list for Mancini

Get a plan B
Do your homework
implement plan B quicker
get the players playing like they were last season

NOT GOOD ENOUGH
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Well, another 2 points wasted from a game we could have gone out and won.

Dortmund are a good side with a couple of decent fwds, no more than that. They just worked like they wanted it.
Smothered Yaya all game as soon as he touched the ball with 5 across the middle. As we are too slow to manipulate around this pressing it is an effective tactic.

Solid ish 1st half followed by the self-destruct double whammy of 3 at the back plus Kolarov which somehow only served to further isolate not just Yaya but the whole midfield afnd attacking group.

Didn't see Dzecko nor hardly Silva second half as they couldn't get a touch - hell they couldn't even get within camera shot of the ball for most of the time.

We robbed them of a point with the one decent attack of the second half. Definite penalty, super-cool Mario gave it to the keeper good and proper.

Not happy, but we are still in the game by the skin of our undeserving teeth.

Last edited by Plays By Sense Of Smell on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stupid predictive text)
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:04 pm

Mancini just needs to play a settled side, keep Rodwell out of the side, and get them playing like they were for the start of the season when we played one touch quick passing football, for some reason we are just not doing it now, why?
Dortmund were fantastic, Mancini needs to take note, A BIG NOTE!!!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 pm

That was the difference, they were fantastic as they worked their backside off like we did start of last year. For some reason we expect games to be handed to us now if we just amble along at half speed all match.

To say I am bloody annoyed is an understatement.

I used to see this a lot in teams I played who were far more technically able than us but whom we always beat due to work ethic. I looked down on those guys as inferior due to the waste of talent caused by their arrogance.
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:37 pm

We were blitzed by a team prepared to work much much harder than us. We are finding that teams work much harder than us too often. We rely on holding onto the ball easily and don't like it when we are put under pressure. Our players aren't anything like as good as, say, Barca at holding the ball under pressure and passing it around in tight situations.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:40 am

No Barry and no Milner in the side - why Rodwell - he should be cutting his teeth in a domestic game rather than a CL game. No Tevez and no Lescott although the first half we were unlucky not to score and didn't look too bad. Thought Zabaletta played exceptionally well - or Zabaletto as Warren Barton kept calling him - sheesh. Who makes the selections - think PPLf's pick would have done it for me. Bet Rodwell feels like a prat - awful time to make a mistake.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:22 am

Had to go looking at High Schools last night with the family, so missed the game last night (turned a ticket down too Mad ). By the sounds of it though, i had a lucky escape. Saw the highlights this morning, looks like we were indebted to Little Joe, as he seemed to pull off save after save.

Team selection is always criticizable (have i just invented a word there?) when the team produce a poor performance, worryingly though, this seems to be a continual trend this season. Wonder if a great big thumping win against the Black Cats this weekend will change our perspective?.............maybe a little i reckon Wink .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:48 am

Had they done their homework on Dortmund?
The team selection and substitutions would suggest otherwise.
They are a high energy team that will look to attack home or away and look to get in behind the defense using runners down the channels.I cant believe that wasnt the scouting report so why on earth set us up without the graft of Milner Barry & Tevez?
Perhaps we all watch a different game to mancini and the odious platt creature.Football has always been a simple game made complex by simple men.You need to graft and earn the right to play against the opposition.We didnt and were played off the park
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:51 am

According to the stats, we had 64% possession. Which, if true, means we were truly wasteful in control of the ball. Not good enough.

After two games, I'm drawing some parallels to our campaign last season. Last year we had one leviathan who looked to go through comfortably (Bayern), one whipping boy (Villarreal) and a straight fight with Napoli. This season, on the current state of play, we're in exactly the same position, with Real Madrid looking to be the comfortable winners, Ajax being the strugglers and us in a straight fight with Dortmund. And given our fortunate home draw last night, it's like Napoli all over again.

We need three wins minimum, and one of those wins needs to be over Dortmund. Anything less and we're out again.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Why is it that we are all of the opinion that Barry, Milner and Tevez should have played some part last night. Yes - Edin deserved a start - but we needed grafter sand there were 3 of them to choose from. Only Zab and Silva really grafted. Why doesn't he allow YaYa to push forward - we've seen it work time and time again. Do you think there's a mole in the camp - deliberately selecting the wrong players for domestic/CL matches.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Yeah, Mancini Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Wensdi wrote:Why is it that we are all of the opinion that Barry, Milner and Tevez should have played some part last night.
Because we're all football geniuses, that's why! cheers
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:44 pm

LOL - Leo
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:13 am

Personally we just played our "Get out Of Jail Free Card". We were outplayed by a very industrious team. Yes we had a couple of chances in the first half but they had 6-7 excellent chances we have to thank Big Joe for.

The stadium was so quiet though, it was like we knew we were not going to stop them from scoring. You look at their fans and they must really give the team a buzz.

We lost that and we were out, plain and simple. A point and we are still in it.

We've Ajax now home and away, anything less than 6 points and it's Europa again for us. Assuming Real take 6 points from BD in the reverse fixtures and we could be 3 points ahead of them and the story is completely different. It will still need a point in Germany but we will be back in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:30 am

We need RM to take 6 from Dortmund to be sure of a shot. Last season, Napoli got a cheeky draw from Bayern and that cost us.

Of course, we could still make our own destiny and win the four remaining fixtures, we'd not be going home with 13 points in the bag!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down