Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
City V WBA EmptyToday at 2:24 pm by Topdawg

» Pep’s at it again
City V WBA EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
City V WBA EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
City V WBA EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
City V WBA EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
City V WBA EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
City V WBA EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
City V WBA EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
City V WBA EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
City V WBA EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City V WBA

+10
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Paulpowersleftfoot
ManCityMan
TMG
coolenglishbob
Topdawg
titbumwilly
Wensdi
blueboy
Bewar3them00n
14 posters

Go down

City V WBA Empty City V WBA

Post by Bewar3them00n Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Team News:

HART
RICHARDS, VK, JL, CLICHY
MILNER, BARRY, NASRI, YAYA
MARIO, TEVEZ.

Aguero & Dzeko on bench.
So, Mancini is giving those who've had the longest flight and games a bit of a breather.
Milner and Barry tag team to free Yaya again, Nasri in for Silva, Richards in for Zaba.
Happy with that.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

City V WBA Empty Re: City V WBA

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:46 pm

Can't complain with that........but would rather Dzeko play instead of Mario........

roll of drums..............here he comes to prove me wrong again!!! Probably go and get a hat-rick now!! Razz

Yaya MUST get forward more. Come on boys!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Terrible first half. Please take Mario off or we'll be down to 9 men. Shocking football - ready for the gas oven.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Can someone please tell me what Mario offers, cos I sure can't work it out.

Does he have some compromising photos of Bobby, is that how he keeps getting picked ahead of Edin?

Just get rid asap.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Hmmm....been saying that Kompany wants dropping, Balotelli shoudln't wear the shirt and Nasri should not have been in this first 11..............all 3 fucking awful!

Time for Zaba for Nasri, Aguero for Balo and maybe late on in the game, Sinclair/Kolorov for Clichy.....

No idea WTF Bobby see's in Mario...............one bit of skill equates to him could've been sent off in that first half.

Milner and Barry look fucked from mid-week...........Yaya can't be arsed, Lescott wit his usual sideways 'safe' passes.............fuck me, give me £80k a week....I can do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:40 pm

WHY THE FUCK DOES HE PLAY THAT TWAT OVER EDIN????
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:41 pm

For fuck sake, will you NOW get the message Bobby?

Get in!
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Edin keeps coming up trumps time and time again. He doesn't deserve the shitty treatment Bobby is dishing out to him.

We have been mostly shit from corners and free kicks - we've had so many we should have troubled their keeper much more.

another shitty performance, too many players just not performing or not putting the required shift in.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Sluggish post international break performance, in theory, the correct line-up, but Mario, Mario WTF? with prattenberg card happy as usual, we had a real uphill fight.
What can you say about Dzeko? pure class, dug out of an other hole yet again.
Important we hang on to Chelsea's coat-tails until we get into our real form, their flair weather players Oscar, Hazard and Mata might struggle on a wet monday night at Wigan.
But a 10 man comeback, is not to be sniffed at against a really in form WBA
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:58 pm

On a positive note.How can Hodgson not include Micah Richards in his squads?He is phenominal,and how he has not scored yet is a mystery.He has had at least six efforts cleared off the line:)

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Agree with Beware the Moon - a great comeback with 10 men. After Mario substituted and Edin on - much better performance. Bit of a fright at the end though. Barry only just finding form after being injured and he missed Milner - can't believe we all love Edin now - not long since we wanted him out. Next thing is we'll be having a lovefest over Kolarov. LOL
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:00 pm

Wensdi-When did everybody want DZeko out?I must have missed it!!

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:47 am

Mainly last season Bob - but he's sure proved his worth this season.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:48 am

Really enjoying this weather Bob - nicest time of the year isn't it? Hate the summers - can't wait to get the sweaters and boots out!!!
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:14 am

Don't remember any1 saying get rid of Dzeko.

Did any1 see the interview after the match where the interviewer called him Supersub ! Not happy at all. I am not supersub and have never been. I have always started matches !!!Bobby needs to give him more starts. He has been on great form for us and Bosnia. I wouldn't want him leaving us
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:15 pm

Spirit............it's still there. Remember when the rags for years kept on getting the results in the last few minutes of games? That's what we now have, that never give in spirit and sometimes, that counts for more on those cold, wet nights in the winter.

Still think Vinny is way off the pace. He's making silly decisions that he never made last season.

Bobby must now stick to a solid back 4 for the next 5 or 6 games to get Vinny back up to speed.

Feel sorry for Zaba - he hasn't put a foot wrong, but in comes Micah and plays a blinder again.

Mario.........well I think we all think the same way. I've stuck up for him due to his age and still think he will go on to be a top player......but he should never start another game over Edin.

Interesting that we seem to be seriously linked with Falcao....but the quotes from our new Exec "we have some great strikers already, Tevez, Aguero and Balotelli"...seems to me he may have already made up his mind that Dzeko will go in January.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:49 pm

Edin needs to have Mario style tantrums. I think the only reason Bobby is playing him is to stop him sulking and having an even more negative effect on the dressing room. Edin just accepts the bosses decision.

Show some balls Mr Mancini even you must admit its time to let him go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:01 pm

There's no way they'll sell Edin, they'd be absolutely foolish to the nth degree if they did! As Platt was saying, "Heavy Goals" Edin has always come up with very important goals, just at the right time, what does Mario do, other than get himself and the team into trouble, or making Mancini have to take big risks and gambles to keep him on the pitch. Edin is in the form of his life for club and country, I think the fact that he played 2 gams during the International break, compared to Mario's one, meant he started on the bench, much like Aguero and Zabba, after saving our skin again, I'll wager Edin will get a start, after all, he's not "super sub" !!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Sorry TMG - but I've just re-read about 8 older posts where 2 or 3 on here were calling to get rid of Edin along with Mario etc. Won't cut and paste the articles because it would be finger pointing.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:23 pm

just start with aguero, tevez and edin. that should give most defences plenty of trouble. maybe have tevez a little deeper
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:21 pm

Post em Susan....unless i was one of them lol
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Wensdi-Yes this is super weather could do this all year,hope everything is well with you.After yesterday we really are starting to look like the real deal,although Vinnie has me completely stumped!1:)

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Today is even better Bob - couldn't believe that the A/C didn't have to kick on - LOL. Been in the garden without melting today.

Vinnie will come good despite his clanger yesterday. Think the whole team is becoming finely tuned to play any formation now. The first half yesterday was dire though. Hope they keep it together for Wednesday.

Speaking of Wednesday - I had the misfortune to watch the Leeds v Owls match on Friday night. Shocking that the goalie was assaulted by a thug of a Leeds fan. Their fans should be banned from away games - they are absolutely awful.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:42 am

One thing about Edin though,similar to Adam Johnson,he's not played particularly well whenever he's started games and makes much more impact coming off the bench.Last season you could argue he didn't get any service as we played almost completely without width and he struggled to make an impact playing a role that didn't suit him,but he scores goals.
Can see him being on the bench again on Wednesday but its certainly time for bobby to give him the nod in front of Balotelli.

Coming out to Florida for Christmas & new year
Won't be needing the air con then either but much prefer it at Christmas than the horribly humid summer months
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:45 am

Thought that Balo got a bit of a rough time again. His booking was very innocuous compared with what else was going on. And apparently Long put his shirt over his head after scoring on a yellow.

Personally I don't really care about those bookings, but nice to see that Mr Shattenburg is being consistent in his card-happy approach - not!

Least Bobby and by the look of it Joe helped him get his head straight at half time. Wondering if this should be something that we do before each game just so he doesn't forget?
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 pm

At least they have caught the 21 year old Leeds thug and he is in court this morning charged with assault. Hope he gets hammered but it will probably be 12 hours community service.Evil or Very Mad
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:33 pm

Wensdi wrote:Speaking of Wednesday - I had the misfortune to watch the Leeds v Owls match on Friday night. Shocking that the goalie was assaulted by a thug of a Leeds fan. Their fans should be banned from away games - they are absolutely awful.
I saw that on the Football League Show - poor Chris Kirkland didn't have a clue what was going to happen. Shocking behaviour and the thug should be sent down easily enough since the BBC have crystal clear footage of his face as he did it.

Going back to City, I think Dzeko should definitely get the nod over Mario now. Isn't he our highest goalscorer now?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:52 pm

I think Long only lifted his shirt to his head, not over it.

Having said that, Balotelli should have been sent off
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:05 pm

As has been said, Dzeko doesn't seem to do the business when he starts. Therefore, i'd start with Sergio and Carlos, bringing Dzeko on with 15/20 to go. Mario should be nowhere near the 1st team set up......end of.

Great win against a very good "home" team.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:27 pm

Wensdi They should be named & shamed Twisted Evil

Hope I wasn't one of them Embarassed
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:30 pm

I'm not to sure about this Dzeko good at being an impact sub and not good when he starts. Last season he started the 1st 3 games and scored 6 goals he was then dropped against wigan and his confidence appeared shot. towards the end of last season i remember him coming on as sub in 3 of the 6 remaining games and apart from the qpr game his impact was minimal. i guess what i am trying to say is that it is easy to pigeon hole players when things have a consistent theme about them but overall Dzeko is a good hard working striker who will deliver more often than not.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:27 pm

He has never been given a decent prolonged run in the team because Mancini has this obssession with Mario. Let Mario cool his heels on the bench for a while and earn his place in the team, start with Edin.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Kirkland's attacker has been sentenced already - 16 weeks in prison and a 5 year ban

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20025830
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:57 pm

16 weeks & a 5yr ban !!! Shocked This country is a joke !

Little turd should have got at least 12 months and been banned for life from every football ground. And if he is found entering another football ground he gets another 12 months
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:20 pm

BAck to the WBA game, a nice extra extended highlights 22min on the official site, it really was a well deserved win, we bossed them with 10men for most of the game, but it seems everyone is singing the praises of Chelsea, them now being the team to beat, suits us fine!
Thought Micah had another decent game by the way
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:51 am

Pity you are not coming in November PPLF - its absolutely unbelievable weather at the mo. Some friends from Manchester coming on November 10th (my birthday - so don't forget lads). Should be great for a winter tan for them - we'll be off to Anna Maria for the week. Pity they are utd fans. Who was it who played that ball through for Aguero - when Edin scored - was it Kolarov?
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:54 am

My parents come out in november,they stay until April each year and miss the winter here.Not the worst way to spend retirement,they bought a place in melbourne years ago
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:33 pm

We are out in Florida on November 9th but we're in Fort Lauderdale for a week then on a cruise for a week from Miami to the Carribean, can't wait this summer has sucked big time.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:30 pm

Not long then MCM - and you'll be enjoying this beautiful weather (hopefully it lasts). I'm sure you'll enjoy Ft Lauderdale. Not much for cruises though - but I bet it's a lot better than a week at Skegness in a caravan!!

Are you staying with your parents PPLF? Hope they've got Fox Soccer Channel - then you won't miss a moment.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:39 pm

only for a few days, few days in the disney area and having a week in the keys
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Shame the country's full of Americans Wink
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:27 pm

.... and they speak so highly of us Brits Shaken..............
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:37 pm

So they should Wink
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:06 am

If you see Romney.... slap him round his melon!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsavitta Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:18 am

Off to Bangkok in 3 weeks, trouble is, evening games kick off at 03;45 AM, but I know a nice little bar that stays open for games and have large screen outside with just a rain cover Very Happy
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Love Floridians especially since the time when a guy serving in Burger King in St, Pete's asked my Glaswegian father in law "where y'all from" after hearing the accent. My Father in law said proudly with his chest puffed out, "Scotland". The guy nodded knowingly and said "cool, thats in England, right? I hustled the father in law out the door quick lol
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:24 am

A girl I used to work with (about 10 years ago) asked me what language did I speak when I was growing up!! 'Kin ell
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down