Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving? EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving?

+3
Bewar3them00n
Plays By Sense Of Smell
blueboy
7 posters

Go down

Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving? Empty Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving?

Post by blueboy Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:24 pm

I've always thought that they play very nice counter-attacking football....but today I've seen a team that has been sent out to dive at every opportunity to get free-kicks so they can pump the ball into our box.....and it's pretty embarrassing.

Poor defending at set-pieces by Yaya again and Kolorov allowing Caulker to get in front of him had cost us so far...so has the final ball and the finishing.......but overall, we've looked comfortable up to half-time.

We need to make sure that final ball comes from Silva, as he seems to be the one that is splitting their defence..........and as for the hand ball by Gallas??

Looked as if the ref was caught blind-sided and didn't see it, otherwise, I'm sure he would have given it.

Second half, much of the same, but more clinical.

Come on City.

No silly second yellow cards!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving? Empty Re: Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving?

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Right, where to begin?

Ah yes, Andy Townsend's initial half time comments: Adebayour is muscling this City defence and it's causing them all sorts of problems...they really haven't got in gear.

When he got the ball, Ade was on one of his missions granted, but they didn't end up amounting to anything more than one outside the box hope to mis-sight the keeper opp which went wide anyway. Aside from that (bear in mind I didn't see the first 24 mins) I thought yes, we looked comfortable, and would rip Spurs a new one second half due to the fact that 'without getting into gear' we had created 3 or 4 clear scoring opportunities plus been refused 2 good penalty calls.

Second half - re: how to play football, yes we did rip them a new one even though they had backed up somewhat to protect their lead and try to catch us on the counter. Having that little bit of discipline at the back coupled with slick, fast manipulation plus runners making themselves available resulted in our bossing practically every area on the pitch (especially the middle of the park) and never giving them the chance to get a clear counter going. It opened up everything else, and bar more profligate finishing/good saves & tackles it could well have been the murder scene I was predicting again.

Fantastic display, spirit of Champions shown in the face of at least in first half what I thought was some crappy reffing.

Yes, after the last few games, I am tempted to climb back into the conspiracy boat ( Wink , but today was about showing like last year that no matter what they throw at us, we will eventually smash'em and Blue almighty will win through.

Raaaaahh!
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving? Empty Re: Spurs.....WTF is going on with all this diving?

Post by blueboy Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:27 pm

well said ....and 'super-sub Embarassed ' does it again!!

oh how we have missed David.

well done boys...........thought Clichy was immense today, my MOM.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Chelsea held to a draw, back up to 2nd, breathing down Utd's neck......
Looking forward to seeing this on MoTD, see what Gary L has to say, the Beeb actually have had some more balanced comments with Lineiker and Shearer both chipping in on our favour of late.
After a hard session on the bike trainer this afternoon, I deserve to replace all calories burnt with a few beers while MoTD is on.....!
I see the 3 at the back worked today too!!!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:55 pm

There has been a lot of criticism on Maicon recentlly but on todays performance he is okay for a free transfer,some of his crosses into the box are what we have been missing,Dzeko is immense,and the team as a whole seems to be coming together now we have Silva back.Even Kolarov is looking good.Two points behind the rags,can't wait till they blow up:)

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:05 pm

coolenglishbob wrote:There has been a lot of criticism on Maicon recentlly but on todays performance he is okay for a free transfer,some of his crosses into the box are what we have been missing,Dzeko is immense,and the team as a whole seems to be coming together now we have Silva back.Even Kolarov is looking good.Two points behind the rags,can't wait till they blow up:)

Thought Maicon cost us £3m?

£1m per cross.........value!! Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:31 am

coolenglishbob wrote:Dzeko is immense

What worries me is he is immense at what he is doing now, ie SUPER SUB

He is not as effective when starting games. Now this worries me as I see Arsenal sniffing around him in the gossip columns today. I think an offer of guaranteed 1st team footy and we will lose him.

PS. Try telling the spuds about the diving on JA606, they think we are dirtier than Stoke Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:42 am

We will only lose him blistering if:

(a) RM is willing to sell him.

(b) Arsenal are willing to match our valuation of him.

If they are willing to pay upto £15m for Zaha, then i'd be expecting £20m+ for Dzeko........i'd take that.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:49 am

I guess, but I've given up trying to second guess Bobby.

We were so effective yesterday playing out and out wingers and Silva controlling the middle. Out and out wingers needs Dzeko, we can't seriously be thinking of letting him go.

Tevez and Sergio knacker the defences after 60 mins, then it's cannon fodder for Edin. It's not rocket science he is scoring so many late winners but you can tell from all the interviews he doesn't like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:52 am

IF we do go for Falcao as has been suggested, I can't see Dzeko staying to be 4th striker (if we sell bell end Mario).
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:52 am

Totally agree mate.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:46 am

But Tevez and Aguero are too alike to really start together, we get no height in the box or strong hold up play with both them playing, that's why I think we need two lots of little and large pairings, Tevez can always drop deep and operate there, Aguero is best playing on the shoulder.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, Edin isn't as effective from the start, he scores because he can finish with head and feet, after playing for 3/4 of the match against 2 small strikers, Edin came on and suddenly we had double the potential scoring positions, as Edin nearly demonstrated with his header, when the FA Cup starts up, let him have a run in that, even the Europa ( if we don't finish bottom) it's a long season, injuries will happen.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Ah, this was the article I was replying to when the site disappeared, and my eloquent rant has gone forever.

Yes, it WAS eloquent!!

Anyway, my thoughts on divey spuds was basically that they couldn't get past us by playing football, so resorted to falling over in order to get free kicks. And the ref, being a bit of a prat, fell for it every time. Even to the extent that Yaya concedes a free kick for getting an arm across his throat. (Was it Sandro that did that?)

The other part of my rant was about the 13 year olds making JA606 a place I no longer go to, the irony being that after losing this place, I went straight there to see if I could find someone who knew what had happened. So I shan't bother repeating it, except it's nice to be here where there are no diva smileys!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down