Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Mancini deserves the sack EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Mancini deserves the sack EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Mancini deserves the sack EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Mancini deserves the sack EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Mancini deserves the sack EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Mancini deserves the sack EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Mancini deserves the sack EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Mancini deserves the sack EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Mancini deserves the sack EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Mancini deserves the sack EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mancini deserves the sack

+3
shakencity
blueboy
Topdawg
7 posters

Go down

Mancini deserves the sack Empty Mancini deserves the sack

Post by Topdawg Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:45 pm

Another shite selection, no width at all. Utter bollocks.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Mancini deserves the sack Empty Re: Mancini deserves the sack

Post by blueboy Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:00 pm

You do have to wonder what the fuck he see's in training...and who the fuck are looking at the tactical side of things.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:22 pm

and i don't mean santa style!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:33 pm

3pts though Rolling Eyes
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:08 pm

when we start drawing with poor teams, come on and say 1 point though.

when goal difference can be everything, come on and say well our goal difference improved.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Reading set up to stop us going through the middle and we just didn't bother to find an alternative. Lots of tippy tappy nonsense, no penetration, no ideas. Pathetic.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:18 pm

We win at Newcastle playing really well, then play pretty poorly today but still get 3pts, yet you say RM deserves the sack. Sorry Dawg, don't agree.

I too wish we could win and play brilliantly every game, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Reading made things tough today by putting 10 men behind the ball and yes we did struggle to penetrate their defensive line....but we kept going as we always do and in the end it paid off.

If we weren't winning and languishing in let's say 4th/5th, then yes, i'd totally agree and say he deserves to go but we are winning and despite some very iffy team selection we can't sack a manager when he's winning.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:20 am

I'd also love us to be winning by wide margins and playing fantastic football.

We all know that isn't going to happen every game, but 2 DMs (3 if you include Yaya) against Reading who had 10 men behind the ball.

I just see poor tactics/set up game after game after game. For what he has spent, Bobby should have a better idea as to how to break down teams that park the bus.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:37 am

I just don't know what I really think about todays game. I was driving back from Scotland so was listening on Radio 5.

While we were setup negative we were still up against a flat back 8? It's just anti-football and we still struggle to break to down.

Rags have taken years to perfect it and we are getting better but at the end of the day we won.

What I really want to see though is urgency from the first whistle. We are so laboured sometimes it's painful. We have the fastest and most skillful front line in the league, but we just don't play to our strengths. Last week 1st half we blew Newcastle away playing brilliant football. I just wish we did it more often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:49 am

I agree with Den that he doesn't deserve the sack for this game although it lacked tactical nous on the part of Mancini. I also agree with TD that we just kept trying to charge thru the middle when they were playing 4 5 1 and we couldn't break them down. You would think the three amigos would have used a couple of wide players. You can't expect the game to change if you keep repeating the same thing over and over. Think it's called insanity.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:35 am

the problem is that this is happening time and again.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Apart from the devastating loss, how did we play?!!!
Too much tippy tappy, when an opportunity arose to shoot from the edge of the box, we didn't, we continued to pass, to try to thread the ball, on another day we would have scored early ( Tevez's great chance from a wonderful lay off from Segio) and Reading would have opened up, and the game would have been easier.
Next game on Boxing day will be the one though, Sunderland will have a go, much the same way that Newcastle did, the game will be open, and I can see us getting another 3 goal haul.
Mancini made a mistake, he played too defensive, too narrow, and we got away with it, hopefully he will note it down and amend the tactics.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:56 pm

It's been clear for a long time that we have no plan B as regards to breaking teams down with pace and width.This January window is make or break for me.If we strengthen with the missing options then I can see us overhauling Utd quite comfortably,if not we will finish 2nd and he will lose his job.
If he does end up losing his job,he should look in the mirror for the one responsible.I think Agueros last minute winner has undoubtedly given him far more rope than he's really been entitled to,our performances in Europe being particularly pathetic,but ultimately I suspect his lack of man management skills and poor transfer dealings will ultimately hang him.
An Italian Bill Shankly he certainly isn't and but for the fact City fans are fed up with chopping and changing managers over the last 30 years or so would've had far less support on the terraces than he currently enjoys.
Most of us wouldn't mind so much the losing/drawing games if it wasn't so bloody obvious at times what the answer was,like losing at Everton last year when playing Nasri rather than De Jong was so obviously the wrong selection then being surprised at the passion displayed by Everton,even though they have done the same to us the previous handful of occasions we've played them.
Never mind not keeping together the Aguero/Tevez partnership that have won every game they've started and preferring to play his pet prick instead
Buying Maicon to play as a right back when the world and his wife knows his legs have gone and starting him there in Madrid
In my opinion he has to win the title this year or he's quite rightly a goner and this next window its really important he gets it right
Rant over
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:30 pm

PPLF - pretty much spot on there. Merry Xmas.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:43 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Never mind not keeping together the Aguero/Tevez partnership that have won every game they've started...
And there's another record that's gone. Can see us out of the FA Cup and down to third by the end of January at this rate.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down