Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

skyblueoz

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Kompany red card won't be rescinded EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 8:57 am by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Kompany red card won't be rescinded EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Kompany red card won't be rescinded EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 5:08 am by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Kompany red card won't be rescinded EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 4:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Kompany red card won't be rescinded EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 4:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Kompany red card won't be rescinded EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 1:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Kompany red card won't be rescinded EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 9:08 am by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Kompany red card won't be rescinded EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 5:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Kompany red card won't be rescinded EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 9:02 am by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Kompany red card won't be rescinded EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 8:44 am by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Kompany red card won't be rescinded

+5
ManCityMan
skyblueoz
ONH
shakencity
Topdawg
9 posters

Go down

Kompany red card won't be rescinded Empty Kompany red card won't be rescinded

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:51 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262044/Vincent-Kompany-unsuccessful-appeal-red-card.html

Clubs and fans should revolt. The FA allow Marko Marin to get away with just a yellow card for a horrific and horrendous tackle on Mbia the other week, yet Kompany can't challenge his red card successfully?

Something is terribly wrong when Marin gets away with a yellow and Kompany gets a 3 match ban.

The FA also hide behind the rule that if the ref saw an incident, and did nothing or gave a yellow, they can't go back to it afterwards. That's utter bollocks too. Rooney blatantly elbows an opponent off the ball, the ref says it was a coming together and the FA do nothing. Rooney should have received a minimum 3 match ban for that assault.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Kompany red card won't be rescinded Empty Re: Kompany red card won't be rescinded

Post by shakencity Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:16 am

Vince raised both feet off the ground when going into the tackle though Dawg.....it was never going to be overturned.

There should be "panel" that looks into every major incident/talking point after the game (irrespective of whether the referee sees an incident or not), to make a ruling on said incidents. Referees make mistakes but video evidence is conclusive and final.....they should even disallow the Rags 2nd goal for being offside Wink .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Kompany red card won't be rescinded Empty Re: Kompany red card won't be rescinded

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:27 am

When Vinnie went for the tackle I though 'oh-oh' same as when he went for the tackle against the Norwich player a few weeks back.

When I saw it again, albeit in slow mo replays, still photos etc. I think it was a fair tackle and that Wilshere actually was late into the tackle. - he was over the ball.

I think the red card is very harsh and not consistent with what has been dished out to other players this season.

That anomaly needs correcting.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:38 am

I too think it was a fair tackle Dawg but his raising if both feet when going into the tackle by the letter of the law has left him without a leg to stand on if he's to contest the decision.......see what i did there Rolling Eyes .

The red card was indeed harsh but imo right.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:41 am

Have to disagree Den. The ref said he went in two footed and that was the reason for the sending off. He may have started two footed, but he arrived very much one footed with the other planted on the floor.

Above everything, we need consistency. Marin gets away with his tackle, Kompany gets sent off for his. Koscielny gets a red card for his WWE antics, yet we see so many players get away with the same rugby/wrestling displays every match.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:48 am

This picture that Vinnie tweeted should get it rescinded but from the ref's view and there was a TV angle showing it, it could be construed as "with intent" which is all is needed for a red card.

https://twitter.com/VincentKompany/status/290537975236947968/photo/1

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:56 am

Ok, if that's the reason (2 footed), then i agree...it's a rank bad decision.

I thought it was "both feet off the ground...with intent", that he got sent off for.

Unfortunately, until a panel analyses important incidents after the game, we are never gonna get consistancy.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:15 am

Wilshere looks like he is showing some intent in the tackle and he also look like he has his foot over the ball. Where was his red card???

I think they said afterwards that he was worried he might be sent off.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:22 am

it looked bad, it could have been bad but it wasn't bad.

oh yeh & its Rooneys fauilt.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:37 am

the daft thing about all this is the fact it was a perfectly good tackle and he has been red carded for it. I feel that when anyone has only their eyes on the ball they have every right to go for the ball, Kompany's sole objective was to do what he is paid to do defend. What an out cry from any opposing fan if say their centreback thought "oh i might get a red here so i best not put in a tackle and let them waltz past me... Get real surely a 50 50 is there to be won Kompany"s trailing leg was off the ground a mere 2 seconds or so the tackling foot was on the floor there was no excessive force and he even got to the ball before wilshere fell over him after the ball was cleared. I have watched it frame by frame and i do not agree with the bullshit from some rival fans who say the players know a tackle like that is a red. The only defence Mike Dean has is from his view and in the split second he saw it the challenge in his eyes could have appeared wreckless.

i will be very suprised if this red card is not rescinded for the integrity of the game we love.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:58 am

This rule is meant to protect players from dangerous tackles which may cause serious injury. However, surely a referee should use common sense and judgement when it is clear that the player has won the ball cleanly and there was no obvious intent to cause injury?

If anything it was Wilshire that made the dangerous contact when he rode the tackle and placed a foot in Kompany's groin. Kompany was red carded merely because the referee inplemented the rule blindly about feet leaving the ground without any regard to the situation.

If a ball is running away from a player who does not have it under a control as in this case, how is an opposing player meant to make a fair tackle with both or one foot still in contact with the ground? Very unlikely.

Intent or dangerous play should be punished where necessary but in this case the ball was won cleanly and ther was no danger to Wilshire who himself was more guilty in my view.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:05 am

You have to ask how much in control of himself was Wilshere to kick Kompany near the balls?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:09 am

he was closer to vinny's than the ball he should have been kicking!!!!!
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:47 am

If there's any common sense, they will at least down grade the red to a Yellow, to save face and Mike Deans rep, but Wilshire was far more reckless in the tackle,and is a far dirtier player than Kompany, yet he got sweet FA! I initially thought there red was for Wilshire the way he went in on Vinny.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:54 am

The only hope we have is if Mike Dean looks at it again and says, "at the time it looked a 2 footed tackle, but with the benefit of a reply (that we have all had), I don't deem it reckless"

Common sense should prevail and he would gain more kudos for taking that stance, as he only has 1 split second to view - and today, you have pundits stating he had to apply the letter of the law, just like their sending off.

It's a tough one....Kompany could have been red carded against Norwich...he does have a habit of over-committing to tackles, regardless of whether we all believe he got the ball or not.

I'm just hoping sense and fairness will prevail...but I won't hold my breath.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:07 am

Apparently Dean won't change his mind and the FA will back him up. 3 game ban for Kompany.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:19 am

Thankfully we will only lose VK for the QPR, Fulham & Stoke/Palace ties

Didn't the same thing happen last year - Yaya went to the ANC & VK got sent off against the Scum after the granny shagger cried to the ref

Lets hope we have the same result at the end of the season
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:36 am

I just hope Vinny learns his lesson.....3 different games could have ended our title challenge....but at least Lezza can't complain....but 2 left-footed CB's? No
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:40 pm

3 left-footed CB's if you count Lezza's 2nd left foot.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down