Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
How many points will win the league? EmptyToday at 7:08 pm by shakencity

» Have it - Four in a row
How many points will win the league? EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
How many points will win the league? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
How many points will win the league? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
How many points will win the league? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
How many points will win the league? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
How many points will win the league? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
How many points will win the league? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
How many points will win the league? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
How many points will win the league? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

How many points will win the league?

+8
ONH
Bewar3them00n
Wensdi
blueboy
shakencity
TMG
Nijinsky
Topdawg
12 posters

Go down

How many points will win the league? Empty How many points will win the league?

Post by Topdawg Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:00 pm

I reckon Utd will break the 90 point barrier this season which is probably just beyond us.

At least it is a bit closer now.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

How many points will win the league? Empty Re: How many points will win the league?

Post by Nijinsky Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:05 pm

I wouldn't care to predict the actual number of points, but the gap is now down to 5 points and with us still to go to the swamp, I don't believe it's beyond us. cheers
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

How many points will win the league? Empty Re: How many points will win the league?

Post by Topdawg Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:15 pm

I think we'll need to win at least 12 of the last 15 games, if not 13.

Away games at Utd, Spuds and Everton look crucial.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijinsky Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Could be the Everton game that trips us up, they always raise their game for their annual cup final.

But it's about time we got something from their place
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Hopefully they will lose Van Pussy to injury & they will have to rest players for the CL

Well done the Spuds & in Fergie time as well Very Happy
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Besides us the Rags still have Everton and Chelsea at home, along with Stoke , West Brom and the Arse away.

As Tony says, they've still got their European games to play too.......imo it's not over by a long shot yet.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:32 pm

It's nowhere near over. We've both got tough games ahead....we've not particularly played well over a long period of time - maybe the odd game, but neither have they.....I thought in the 2nd half, they were there for the taking....but apart from Dempsey's goal...he was the biggest culprit.

We will have to hit our stride in the coming weeks like we did last season....Aguero and Nasri have had rests...Kolorov back from injury...maybe Yaya for our final run in....but it'll all be decided in the next few week IMO....we MUST close that gap to 1 point before we go to their place.

That means...a massive step up by all our players...and that means finishing these simple chances that we consistently keep missing against teams....Dzeko in particular...and I'd like to see Tevez finish better.

Mario going won't mean anything.....personally, as it stands...if we haven't got a replacement lined up...let him stay....what's the point of having 3 strikers and a player coming back from injury in Guidetti?

This weekend could be the turning point in the season..but only IF we step up on our ruthlessness in front of goal.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Mancini has to get the tactics/selections right for each game now. No more tinkering or saving players for the next match. We are out of the CL so he must play it smart and go all out for every game.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Remember, we were 5 points ahead at one point, then before we knew it, we were 8 behind, it only takes an injury or 2 to a key player, a star striker perhaps? and memories of last years wobble to pull the carpet from under ...
We have at least been consistent for the majority of the season, the odd mishap, but we've shown some doggedness on several occasions, wining with 10 men twice, both games away too. If we build on this solidity and doggedness and grind the points away bit by bit, I think it could be another humdinger of a final day
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:54 am

happy with the point at Spurs although we should have had a penalty, nailed on.

Been to City/Liverpool/Chelsea/Everton/Spurs now & done very well, only getting beat at Everton.

I dont go for all this that because United are in Europe its a advantage to City, I'am sure the city players would rarther be playing than watching the CL games plus it never stopped us in 99.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:04 am

History? 99 was 13 years ago.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 am

that long eh Wink

Players want to play in big games, thats what its all about. Anyway I'am not too sure we'll have more than two more games in the CL Evil or Very Mad

Viva Ronaldo & that Twisted Evil

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:03 pm

ONH wrote:happy with the point at Spurs although we should have had a penalty, nailed on.
Very true. I couldn't believe Pat Nevin had the temerity to suggest it wasn't! Still, if Spurs had any sort of shooting boots on, it would've been academic. You were fortunate to get a point and anyone who is displeased with it either didn't bother to check the stats or is one of those morons who expects to win every game.

Props, Newton, for having your own opinion and making a sensible point. Please keep it up!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 pm

ONH wrote:that long eh Wink

Players want to play in big games, thats what its all about. Anyway I'am not too sure we'll have more than two more games in the CL Evil or Very Mad

Viva Ronaldo & that Twisted Evil

You have a great chance to go through. We stuck two past Madrid, just defensive concentration let us down. Two games, anything can happen.

I also echo what Leo stated, nice to have a constructive honest input from you ONH.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:17 pm

my worry added to the away games already stated is Swansea away. Really are a more than useful team and they tripped us up last season so hopefully no repeat there.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:21 pm

True, that. In the entire group stage, they were the only team we ever came close to beating and the only team we ever looked like beating. Plus, in a two legged knockout round, you've got a great chance. Since your lead in the league isn't under any immediate danger, you don't even need to worry overly about where to put your best players. I'm sure Fergie already knows that showing Ronaldo the line neutralises him pretty effectively. And with Van Persie banging them in for fun at the moment, I'd say you've got a better chance of progressing than you think.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:40 pm

I read a very interesting fact yesterday,

If Van Persie didn't play for United, with his goals, they would be 13th.

Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:20 pm

someone else would have stepped up and they'd have scored goals instead.

I will admit that if they hadn't bought him (or another decent striker) they'd be struggling to get into the top 4.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:28 pm

Yeah it obviously doesn't take into consideration the striker that would be playing instead of him, but still an astounding fact.

I still think they'd be second if they didn't have him. But if we had him?

We'd be streaming ahead.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:30 pm

and if spuds played only 75 minute matches, they'd be 2nd apparently.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:41 am

Just as an aside, anyone else noticed how newton hasn't come back since we were nice to him for making a decent point?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Don't tempt fate
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:30 pm

alright fellow forum users Rolling Eyes

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm

I reckon MCM is in cahoots with Newton. Very suspicious Suspect
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down