Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Strikers for next season EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Strikers for next season EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Strikers for next season EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Strikers for next season EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Strikers for next season EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Strikers for next season EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Strikers for next season EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Strikers for next season EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Strikers for next season EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Strikers for next season EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Strikers for next season

+5
skyblueoz
ManCityMan
shakencity
Jordan
Topdawg
9 posters

Go down

Strikers for next season Empty Strikers for next season

Post by Topdawg Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:28 am

With all the talk at the moment, we could lose all three of our current strikers (unlikely).

The fat cokehead (Maradona) is still talking up Aguero to Real Madrid.

Dzeko looks on his way out. He seems disinterested and maybe a swap is on with Lewandowski.

Tevez only has a year left on his contract. If he isn't going to sign a new one one, I reckon City would rather they got some money for him.

So, what do you reckon are striking options next season will be?

I reckon Aguero stays, Dzeko goes and Tevez is 50:50.

I still want Cavanni as Falcao doesn't look like he'll come to us.

Lewandowski doesn't look too bad either.

Benteke doesn't look a bad shout especially if the Villa go down.

Would the following 4 forwards strike fear into other clubs?

Aguero, Benteke, Tevez, Guidetti.

I prefer:

Aguero, Cavanni, Suarez, Guidetti/Benteke
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Strikers for next season Empty Re: Strikers for next season

Post by Jordan Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:45 am

I'd be happy with a swap deal for Lewandowski and Dzeko the other way. Cavanni is a huge risk so not really fussed. I've said this before, but in the last 5/6 years please name me someone who has come from the Italian league and done well in the EPL?

Aguero/Tevez/Lewandowski/Guidetti.

Tevez can run out his contract and we can think about a replacement then.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Aguero, Tevez, Guidetti and Suarez (if we could get him), will do just fine for me.

I'd rather spend big on Suarez than Cavanni/Falcao etc, etc.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Den, who'd be our 'big man' from that lot?

I still reckon we need a big CF such as Cavanni/Benteke.

I understand the feeling that the Italian league may not be the strongest, but Cavanni showed what he has to offer in the chumps league, especially against us.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:48 pm

What 'big man' do Barcelona have up front? Playing with a big target man up front is not always the way to go ask Villa.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Not convinced we should have a big man Dawg but Benteke at a quarter the price of Cavanni would be my choice (if i had to choose one).

The only reason i'd have Suarez before Cavanni is purely down to PL experience and nothing more.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:35 pm

i must have watched a different game to most last night I honestly thought Dzeko did well, he brought others into play laid on 3 good chances for others was just off target with 1 due to a deflection of a defender and was just offside on yayas rebound off the post. Ok he may not of won many headers as someone pointed out but to be honest hardly anyone won any headers in there box from set peices, as clark & baker are pretty tall centre backs.

looking at the list of strikers there i would be gutted if suarez joined us. Jeez we had enough trouble with off the field antics of mario as well as his diving whinging and downright unsportsmanlike behaviour on the pitch, so now we want another one. Please to god No: Cavanni a definite yes from me he has been consistent now for the past 5 yearsin Europe , On Benteke's performance last night and this season in general 15 goals for a relegation threatened team i,d say was a good shout. Yes to Lewandowski if Dzeko is indeed headed for Dortmund, Thats if the rags are not really in for him as has been widely reported, Keep aguero

in short cavanni/tevez ,Dzeko/lewandowski, Aguero, Benteke, Should injuries suspensions take hold Guidetti would be good to blood in.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Benteke? Yeah, he's been OK in a poor Villa squad, but we've not really seen a full season yet. I'm always wary of these one-season wonders...god knows we've had enough of them.

Aguero and Tevez are a must for me....regardless of whether Carlos runs down his contract or not.

That leaves 2 realistic places up for grabs...as I can't see Dzeko staying.

Lewandowski .....i really rate this player and if we can do a direct swap for Dzeko.....great deal.

That leaves one other, with at the moment, no outlay.

2 options....go for some unknown foreigner a la Ba, Cisse etc or a cheap option in regards to Benteke (£10m).....

or

Fork out £40-50m on a top class proven striker (which means Aguero, Tevez and Lewandowski will have to share the starting place amongst them - as spending that amount of money means they will have to start).

On the above theory.....

We know Aguero and Tevez can cut it the PL. Lewandowski looks like a player that will fit into any league due to his style of play and can play wide right as well, so he can be utilised in a wide role of a striking 3.

The 'big' money signing would be a gamble...as are most big money overseas signings....Veron, Scheva to name 2.

Therefore, my personal opinion is that the likes of Suarez have proven themselves on numerous seasons.....we may not like 'who' he is....but what he gives Liverpool is goals, effort and dimension - just like Tevez and Aguero.

I rate Cavanni....especially after he destroyed us home and away last season....he's big and physical as well...which does add another dimension that the likes of Suarez wouldn't bring.

So let's imagine we don't sign anyone else other than 2 strikers and play a 4-4-2 to accommodate the 2 strikers, as formation doesn't really count - you can drop Garcia or Milner if you want to add a different dimension:

.........................................Hart............................................

Zaba................Kompany.......................Nasty...............Clichy....

...Siva................Yaya....................Garcia..................Milner?

...............................?................................?........................

Who would they be?

For me, of what I have said above...I would like this:

............................................Hart.........................................

Zab................Kompany........................Nasty..................Clichy..

.........................................Garcia........................................

.....Lewandowski...................Yaya........................Silva...........

...........................Aguero.......................Suarez........................
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:09 pm

I'd have Suarez before any non proven from Europe.

I also also dispense with the big forward. Could you imagine a front 3 of Aguero, Tevez and Suarez !!

We would tear teams apart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:05 pm

I don't want Suarez anywhere near my club, unless it's when we are battering Liverpool. End of. I'm sure I speak for 90% of City fans. I dont care how good he is, he is a cretin. A plague on the Premier League.

Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:05 pm

why is it people have this theory that you have to be proven in the premier league otherwise you won't cut it. Was Suarez proven before he signed for liverpool Tevez at west ham aguero for us the list is endless. Sure there will be flops but for every shevchenko there is a didier drogba. Cavani has proved his worth in top tournaments both at international and european level so to falcao and other. I just dont by this he has to be proven in the premier league.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:21 pm

I personally don't want City to take the chance that Cavanni/Falcao IS the next Shevchenko though and we end up splashing £50m on a complete flop.......although on the flip side of this, Chesea splashed out big bucks on the already proven Torres and look what happened with him Rolling Eyes
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Exactly. And Liverpool splashed £35m on the free-scoring Carroll and he's scored even fewer than Torres since.

I just want to see us get some players who can inject some pace and attack into the side. I think we can play truly scintillating football, but more often than not we just don't and it's because we have too many players who can't create those chances.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:09 am

Rooney won't be able to inject any pace leo, so he's out (thank god) but Suarez could....i'm tellin ya, he's the man to get. But we won't!!!!

Carroll's a bad example imo leo, he's had 1 decent season in a poor Newcastle team in his whole career (hardly proven) and ONLY moved for big money because Liverpool panicked after they sold Torres and had nobody to replace him.

blisterin,
Totally agree mate.

blueboy,
Change Lewandowski for Tevez and you've got yourself one shit hot starting 11.
The sales of Dzeko and Nasri would finance the purchase of Suarez....easy peasy!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:49 am

shakencity wrote:Rooney won't be able to inject any pace leo, so he's out (thank god) but Suarez could....i'm tellin ya, he's the man to get. But we won't!!!!
I think you might be confusing me with someone else, shaken. I woudn't have that rug headed, jug eared scouse granny shagging twat anywhere near my club! I wouldn't care if he was the best centre forward on the planet; it's bad enough he lives in Manchester and has the temerity to turn up when we play them at ours, without him pitching up for every game!!

To summarise: I DON'T WANT HIM!!!!!

But Suarez is a different matter. Apart from a few attitude issues, which seem to have been sorted out already, I'd have him at City. Although I'd ponder the question of whether he's too similar to Aguero and Tevez (aside from the fact he's scoring goals as well), he can certainly mash his way through defences and gets himself in all kinds of space.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:17 am

Wasn't meaning you did leo, just stating a fact about Rooneys lack of speed.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:12 pm

I still say cavani falcao is a better bet than suarez the diving cheating racist runt. Do we want a character like that at city??? Bloody no way i also agree no to rooney after all the crap he comes out with season after season about city. The thing asbout cavani/ falcao is that even if they flop we would gety a sizable fee for them as they are proven in europe and european teams would gladly pay for their service. Falcao has proved himself in spain & portugal. There would be no shortage of takers should he become available.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Sorry Shaken, but the way you worded it, it sounded like you were under the mistaken impression that I had.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:01 pm

I vote no to the grannie shagger.......under no circumstances!!!!!
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Nah...not overly keen on Rooney now...especially the quoted £300k pw!

However.....I would have had him last season...and to be fair, on form, he'd grace most sides....maybe his form has dipped through the friction with Taggert.

27...£200k pw vs 25 Dzeko on £150k pw......I know who'd I'd rather have in my team....if £30m was enough.

Sorry guys...but I don't buy this whole "he's a rag, granny-shagger" tirade...if he scores us loads of goals and gives us another dimension to push for another PL trophy or even CL trophy.....I couldn't give a shit.

Look at RVP..........hated by United fans.........and has probably single-handedly got them into a position of 12 points ahead of us through his early season form.

I'm not saying Rooney would be my first choice...Suarez would.....but it's about the club...and I for one think Rooney WOULD improve our team for next season.......but can't see him coming to City.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:11 pm

I honestly couldn't stomach Rooney in a blue shirt - TBH I don't much care for Suarez and his diving antics - but don't think City will go for Suarez. I'm sure we have some other viable options.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:15 pm

what about this then to make you vomit!

..........................................Hart.............................................

Zaba...................Vinny...........................Nasty.................Clichy....

.........................................Garcia............................................

..........Silva..............................................................Yaya.................

...................Rooney................................Tevez...........................

.........................................Ageuro.........................................
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:24 pm

No to Rooney and don't really want Mr Ed either.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Guess you want Cavanni and Falcao...both of which won't be coming to City in the summer. Sad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:38 am

I can't see Falcao coming but maybe to Cavanni.

The only way for Rooney to come to us is if Utd pay at least half his wages and he comes on loan!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:41 am

Wensdi,
would you have Bale if given the chance then? Rolling Eyes

Tbh Dawg, i think Cavanni's the one that looks favourite to come.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:15 am

Topdawg wrote:The only way for Rooney to come to us is if Utd pay at least half his wages and he comes on loan!
Not even then. I'd want him to pledge allegiance to our club, televised and shown to the world. And then he'd have to burn an effigy of Taggart using a pile of rag shirts as kindling, which the club will post as video on the website and make it go viral. And in games where we play the rags, he has to run up to their fans and kiss our badge and celebrate wildly. Contractually. And if he was willing to do that, I might grudgingly consider maybe possibly allowing him the vague notion of a possibility of joining our club.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Didn't say I wanted him, just the only way to make it slightly more palatable if it did happen. I don't think our club would be that daft to be fair.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Yes Den - I would take Bale. Great footballer just like the 2 I have rejected - the difference being he's a nice guy - yes I know he dives and falls a lot like Mr. Ed (LOL) but he is a genuinely decent person.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:06 am

so if we were to make some dream team signings this summer we could go pick up -

Bale
Suarez
Cavanni
Messi

then we could play a defence of just Hart, Company and Zabba...
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down