Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Are we really 15 points worse than utd? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Are we really 15 points worse than utd? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Are we really 15 points worse than utd? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Are we really 15 points worse than utd? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Are we really 15 points worse than utd? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Are we really 15 points worse than utd? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Are we really 15 points worse than utd? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Are we really 15 points worse than utd? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Are we really 15 points worse than utd? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Are we really 15 points worse than utd? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Are we really 15 points worse than utd?

5 posters

Go down

Are we really 15 points worse than utd? Empty Are we really 15 points worse than utd?

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:23 am

Could even be 18 tonight, but are we really that far off the pace?

If we made up a Manchester XI, I'm sure most people would have 5 or 6 city players in it (Hart, Zabba, Kompany, Silva, Yaya, Aguero).

I certainly don't think they have a better team/squad than us and are no way 15 points better than us. What they do have is that ability to grind out results, put teams under tremendous pressure until they crack. We just don't have that yet. Our season fell away when we drew against QPR and Liverpool, then lost to Southampton. Only arrogance would say we should have won all 3 of those games, but we should be looking to win those types of games. Another 7 points and we'd still be 8 points behind, but at least that would have put more pressure on Utd.

Last season, I reckon we got lucky here and there. We got the breaks. This season they have gone against us. Small margins. Stand tall Nasri and the difference is 3 points less.

Part of this is the lack of Plan B, partly because we don't have enough experience collectively flowing through the club and partly because we bought badly in the summer.

Most of all, we need goals. We've averaged half a goal less per game this season than last. Teams we were stuffing 4-0 last season, we get by with a scruffy 1-0 this season.

Let's hope for a top, proven goalscorer and an injection of real pace.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Are we really 15 points worse than utd? Empty Re: Are we really 15 points worse than utd?

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:57 am

Simple answer is yes.

I'm a firm believer in the "table doesn't lie" statement and our inconsistancies throughout the season back this up. Results against teams we should really be beating have been our downfall, silly draws at Stoke, West Ham and QPR, coupled with defeats at Sunderland and Southampton have ultimately cost us, and despite what Mancini says we just haven't been good enough away from home. Draws at home against the Liverpool 2 haven't helped but we weren't gonna win every game like last season, but overall our home results haven't been the deciding factor.

The Rags have won 25 league games this season to our 18, so I don't think we can say we deserve to be closer. Utd have been the better and more consistant team and will be worthy winners this season, we really have no excuses.
Citys season is reminiscent of my school reports "could do better".
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Are we really 15 points worse than utd? Empty Re: Are we really 15 points worse than utd?

Post by leopold Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:32 am

A bit of both, I think. We haven't kicked on from last season when we won the league by a big slice of good fortune. United, on the other hand, aren't 15 points better than us, but van Persie is.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:46 am

Funny you should say that leo. At the weekend I was talking to a Rag mate of mine about that very subject, he actually said VP hasn't been all that this season and his goals haven't been the difference at all. They'd have won the PL this season anyway, as someone else would have only scored the goals if he hadn't. WTF!

Don't they just drive you mad that deluded bunch? Rolling Eyes
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 am

Den, someone else would have scored some of the goals that RVP has scored, maybe just not as many especially when their team was struggling at the start of the season. Maybe he has helped them gain a few wins instead of draws, but it isn't 15 points worth as Bobby seems to be saying.

We have been poor this season. Still, we are a healthy 2nd. Utd haven't been great shakes but their mental strength has seen them through.

I really don't think the team/squad is 15 points worse than Utd.

Maybe the points difference has something to do with the managers?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:09 am

As I said, the table doesn't lie Dawg......we ARE 15pts worse than Utd Razz .

I guarantee we won't be next season though.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:10 am

Fergie's ability at getting the most out of his squad has been the difference, Mancini is still young comparatively speaking, and you could say, his mistakes, and we all know he's made quite a few over the past 2 seasons, have really hurt us, that and our injuries, and lack of killing games off that were there for the taking have, and resting on our Laurels to some extent... and every other team upping their game when playing the champions= 15 points
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:18 am

We are 15 points behind Utd in the table, that is a FACT. But we shouldn't be that far behind. Our 1st team, and squad, is far too good to be that far behind.

With Utd being able to compete with us financially, we are going to have to rely on our manager to make the difference. Heaven help us!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:20 am

Topdawg wrote:We are 15 points behind Utd in the table, that is a FACT. But we shouldn't be that far behind. Our 1st team, and squad, is far too good to be that far behind.

With Utd being able to compete with us financially, we are going to have to rely on our manager to make the difference. Heaven help us!

Like above, it's not all about the squad. Manager, confidence, experience are all accountable. After 30 games, the table doesn't lie unfortunately.

We are where we deserve to be.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down