Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
FA Cup final team and score EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
FA Cup final team and score EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
FA Cup final team and score EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
FA Cup final team and score EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
FA Cup final team and score EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
FA Cup final team and score EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
FA Cup final team and score EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
FA Cup final team and score EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
FA Cup final team and score EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
FA Cup final team and score EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

FA Cup final team and score

+7
Wensdi
Bewar3them00n
shakencity
Jordan
Paulpowersleftfoot
leopold
Topdawg
11 posters

Go down

FA Cup final team and score Empty FA Cup final team and score

Post by Topdawg Fri May 10, 2013 1:16 pm

Pants
Zabba, Kompany, Nasty, Clichy
Yaya, Barry
Silva, Tevez, Nasri
Aguero

3-1
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

FA Cup final team and score Empty Re: FA Cup final team and score

Post by leopold Fri May 10, 2013 1:35 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much the team I'd expect to see tomorrow. And I'm looking for a four goal scoreline as well, only we've scored all of them Smile
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri May 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Pants
zab VK Nasty Clichy
Milner Barry
Tevez Yaya Silva
Aguero

2-0
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Fri May 10, 2013 2:10 pm

5-0
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri May 10, 2013 2:13 pm

I'd just swap Silva and Tevez' positions round on Dawgs team, but the rest is as I'd expect.

PPLF, Yaya sits infront of the back 4 (actually next to Vinny half the time), why is it gonna be any different tomorrow?

3-0
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri May 10, 2013 3:32 pm

That's the team I'm expecting, and I'm also expecting a decent game, although for some reason, even though I'm not going, I feel nervous for some reason!!!!
Even though Wigan have some injuries to key players, they play good football, I'm not expecting them to park the bus like Stoke did, an an open game should make it a high scoring one.... FOR US!!!!!! the recent home game will still be fresh in the players minds not to be complacent, Wigan have absolutely nothing to lose tomorrow, but with Pants in goal, I'm less worried about corners and high balls than I am with Hart!!!
Yaya has had a good rest, Silva looks back in the groove, Milner, Nasri and Tevez are all playing well, and Aguero is back at Wembley which should give good memories of that great header he scored.
There should be no complacency from our boys, they always rise to the occasion in big games, and we really should be too much for Wigan, no matter how well they do play.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri May 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Wigan 3 - Everton 0. They also scored 2 against Swansea and 3 against WBA - Just a bit nervous - that's all. Hope it's the team that turned up against Utd and not the won that turned up against the Saints.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri May 10, 2013 3:52 pm

I think city will win, but as usual will put us through the mill first, Probably miss a hatful of chances before going on to win 1-0 in the 88th minute through supersub Dzeko. Heres hoping for a record score win 7-0 Bury v derby I think is still the record 6-0 back in 1903. And no I was not there!!!!!!
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri May 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Never mind the WBA and Swansea results, it's the three-nil against Everton that should bother us. I don't think we've ever put three past the toffees in one game pale

I don't doubt Wigan will turn up for this in a big way. What a way to go out, a major trophy and European football, it's hard to see how they wouldn't have the incentive. So yes, Wensdi, if our lads turn up and play, Wigan won't stand a chance, but if they amble out like they did at St. Mary's then we'll have a tough old game on our hands.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri May 10, 2013 4:18 pm

I mentioned WBA and Swansea Leo because we played them also - and only managed 1 goal!!!!
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri May 10, 2013 5:17 pm

skyblueoz wrote: Heres hoping for a record score win 7-0 Bury v derby I think is still the record 6-0 back in 1903. And no I was not there!!!!!!

You are quite correct there oz, so that said i hope it's 5-0 Razz
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri May 10, 2013 5:47 pm

The difference in comparing Swansea and WBA vs Wigan, compared to City, is that both these teams set out to nullify us first and foremost, while against Wigan they would be set up to attack, expecting to score against them,
I think the stats speak for themselves:

• Wigan have failed to score in their past seven games against City in all competitions

• City have won 10 of their past 11 FA Cup matches, keeping a clean sheet in nine of them

• If Wigan are victorious, they will be the first team since Wimbledon in 1988 to win their first ever FA Cup final

• Carlos Tevez has scored five goals and assisted two more in his five FA Cup appearances this season

We are odds on favourites, and only abject complacency will undo us, and I don't think that will happen
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri May 10, 2013 9:43 pm

Wensdi wrote:I mentioned WBA and Swansea Leo because we played them also - and only managed 1 goal!!!!
I know, but I don't remember how many Wigan got against either of them. Embarassed
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sat May 11, 2013 5:04 pm

Hart
zab VK Nasty Clichy
Yaya Barry
Tevez Yaya Silva
Aguero

Hart gets the nod... Come on City!!!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sat May 11, 2013 6:11 pm

Shocking first half, we just haven't got into the game, or learnt our lesson from the last game.
Every time we threaten it takes an age to get going and Wigan just camp on the 18 yard line, YAya needs to run at the defence and take more responsibility, otherwise take him off and bring Milner on, get Silva in the middle, Tevez is having to come deep to get the ball.
Wigan have simply applied a game plan and it's worked, they've looked like the ones who've been rested, we look leggy!!
Hopefully words will be said at half time and we will come out and play a damn site better, otherwise I can see Wigan doing us
Been a strange first half, nothing like the performance I expected, individuals need to step up and deliver second half.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 7:10 pm

Utter utter shite! Wigan deserve it! Those 11 players can hang their heads in shame! Taxi for Mancini and moon face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sat May 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Yep - Well done Wigan - thoroughly deserved it. I expect they will be relegated but they played against a pretty apathetic City team. Bet RM will be gone too now. Nail in his coffin.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sat May 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Well played Wigan, we got played off the park, I just feel numb, and fucking glad I didn't stump up a huge wad for tickets.
Wigan deserved it 100% we were bloody useless, lessons not learnt from the last game, if Mancini wasn't on borrowed time, he surely is now.
Was this the same team that played Chelsea off the Parkin the 1st half in the semi? No, pale shadows, as if they half expected to wipe the floor with Wigan, I can't feel gutted because I knew from the 1st minute we were not up for this, I was just waiting for the killer blow, and didn't we just deserve it? TOTALLY.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat May 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Wigan were superb. Well deserved.

Mancini? Fucking useless! Get rid now!!

Tevez off for Rodwell??? WTF?

He clearly cannot motivate the players this season as 70% of our season has been like that today, yet we've managed to scrape a lucky 3 points.

Woeful.....see ya Bobby..thanks for the 3 trophies.....but the players don't seem to want to play for you anymore.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat May 11, 2013 8:44 pm

It was pitiful watching that game. We (the fans) were quite boisterous during the first half but we were pretty quiet the 2nd half.

I can see some players following Bobby out the door because that was a dire performance. It wasn't that Wigan played brilliant, they just put the required effort and desire into the game and got the reward for it.

If the match wasn't bad enough, got absolutely pissed on on the way back to the hotel.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sat May 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Don't know what to say......still can't get over how shit we were Sad.
Don't really want to take anything away from Wigin, but they were only made to look half decent by our utterly gutless display.
The players really need to take a long hard look at themselves....Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Aguero in particular....they were shit with a capital S.
ps. If i were Pants, i'd ask for a transfer 1st thing Monday morn, Mancini was bang out of order for droppin him.

Last edited by shakencity on Sat May 11, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sat May 11, 2013 11:16 pm

If Pants had played, there's no way that would've gone in.
But, ifs and buts....etc..., no plan B again!
Well, just feel sorry for the guys whose trudged all the way down again to Wembley, to see a somewhat shell shocked side, did Mancini drop a bombshell before the game? If there wasn't an overwhelming need to strengthen in the summer, there certainly is now! Know one game doesn't ultimately make Mancini a bad manager etc, but it's the plan B issue...... Again
Oh well, I don't actually feel as gutted as I thought I would, I can't take anything away from Wigan, I have to feel pleased for them.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sat May 11, 2013 11:59 pm

Well that was fun. Not. Shit performance. Got beat well and truly by a team that will probably get relegated and cost about 10 bob compared to the billions spent on our shower of shit
Just to cap it all off, for a laugh God thought he would open up the heavens just to piss all over us again just as we left the stadium

The only 2 1/2 decent players on City's side were Nasri & Tevez & what does Mancini do - substitute them both. Unbe fuckin lievable !!!!
I was going to give a score for each player but like the team today I just can't be arsed. Pathetic !!
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun May 12, 2013 12:18 am

What an awful decision to replace Pants with Hart - what an awful decision to replace Tevez with Rodwell instead of replacing YaYa. Didn't mind Nasri being replaced with Milner as it gave us a bit of width - but we still played so lacklustre. What the hell were they thinking??

Can't tke anything away from Wigan and Watson though. After breaking his leg - have to be happy for him. Need a bit of a shake up at City - I think.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun May 12, 2013 5:09 am

The only reason I can see for taking off tevez was to push yaya further forward and have rodwell deeper. That is fine in principal but when you have a player ambling around and cant be arsed then it is doomed to failure. Yaya really needs to take a long hard look at himself.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun May 12, 2013 5:44 am

He's looking long and hard at his new 5 year deal
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainerdwasmychurch Sun May 12, 2013 11:09 am

I come on here quite often to read what other city fans are thinking and feeling.....usually the thoughts of the regulars on here reflect whats going on in my head.....

I am in St. johns newfoundland for the next few months for work, and yesterday rather than going to the local with the guys from work (everton and utd fans....)...i decided to go to a bar where i could watch us in relative peace away from any possible sniping that would come my way. I was able to get the bar staff there to even switch one of the screens over from their beloved ice hockey to the football......the locals had other screens to watch it on anyway....

What was to unfold beggared belief........a performance lacking any desire whatsoever this is the FA cup FFS...!!......i could not understand RM's tactics at all.....we were waiting rather than making something happen for the entire match and we paid the price....we have had games far too often this season where we turn up expecting to win and acting like strutting peacocks and we get nowt, yet we never appear to learn from these experiences.......we got exactly what we deserved........so fair play to Wigan......a great story for Dave Whelan..!!

Mainerdwasmychurch
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun May 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Welcome to the forum, Maine Smile I'll bet you were glad you found a quiet pub after that shocking display!

Pants: Part of me thinks he didn't play following the comments he made to the press about wanting to play somewhere else. Although a bigger part of me thinks Hart spat his dummy at not being selected and Mancini rolled over. Pants would've saved that header all day.

Not that it would've made any difference. Martinez worked out how to beat us, parking two men on Yaya and Aguero, leaving Tevez to run himself into the ground, and getting players to overlap on Zab so he had no chance. They pressed us when we had possession, made sure they had a man spare as an outlet when they attacked, moved forwards at pace and their passing was just miles better than ours. As the game wore on, I wasn't just wondering if Wigan were going to score, I was expecting it.

That said, if we'd been on any kind of form, all those tactics would've been for nothing, which is why Wigan are in a relegation battle again. They didn't beat us on tactics alone, we just let them do it to us. Every single player on that pitch believed they'd won it before the game started and played like they'd just score whenever they felt like it - right up until Wigan scored, and suddenly they could be bothered to play. I've never seen such an abject display of arrogance and laziness in my life.

In the morning I'm going to write a letter to City asking for all those involved to hand over 2% of their wages this week for every single City fan who paid good money to go to Wembley to give them their money back.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainerdwasmychurch Sun May 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Cheers Leo, with hindsight, suffering on my own without a bunch of goading "one day only" wigan fans in my face was a good decision...!!

Mainerdwasmychurch
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun May 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Good job we aren't at home this week - the fans wouldn't turn up - just like we didn't at Wembley.

Welcome Maine rd. Took me a minute though - I thought it was "Mainerd" - LOL
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun May 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Just back home after 2.5 hr train journey on fold down seat. This whole weekend has been absolute bollocks. I could have accepted being stung for the train, being exploited for the hotel, being pissed on when the heavens opened on the way back from the ground, if we had bothered to turn up and put on a display. The only saving grace was that I couldn't get a ticket to take my lad to the match.

I feel I've wasted all those brownie points with the missus.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sun May 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Hello Mainerdwasmychurch, welcome.

Always nice to get a new poster. Just a shame it isn't under different circumstances.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun May 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Hi Maine........pretty close to Maine now!! Syracuse NY!!
Welcome!!
Well folks....thank god I didn't go to the Madhatters Bar in NYC......I spent Friday evening in hospital.....EKG/ECG/Bloods and a CAT scan!! Got released at 03:00 Sat morning! Too knackered to get into NYC and I had booked and paid for my 9/11 memorial tour!!!
Anyway....just drove 5 hours from Long Island to Syracuse.....glad I haven't been tempted to look at the BBC website, nor any others! Distraction, distraction, distraction will be the order of the day until I return to the UK in 2 weeks!
Trying not to think about yesterday.........!Crying or Very sad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down