Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
After another abject display...who would you get rid of? EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
After another abject display...who would you get rid of? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
After another abject display...who would you get rid of? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
After another abject display...who would you get rid of? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
After another abject display...who would you get rid of? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
After another abject display...who would you get rid of? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
After another abject display...who would you get rid of? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
After another abject display...who would you get rid of? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
After another abject display...who would you get rid of? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
After another abject display...who would you get rid of? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

After another abject display...who would you get rid of?

+3
Bewar3them00n
shakencity
Topdawg
7 posters

Go down

After another abject display...who would you get rid of? Empty After another abject display...who would you get rid of?

Post by Topdawg Mon May 20, 2013 8:16 am

We expect a few out of contract players to leave such as Bridge, Rocky and Kolo, but who should be joining them and who should be getting a rocket up their arse? After another abject display, maybe you might want to add an extra name or two!

I'd like Pants to be given the gloves for the US trip and maybe even pre season. Hart still hasn't got his distribution sorted and made too many mistakes. He needs pressure.

I'd get rid of Kolarov and Lescott. They were both poor yesterday (has Kolarov ever been any good in defence?). If we are going to play a more pressing game, we need CBs who are comfortable on the ball and don't make too many mistakes. Lezza doesn't fall into that category.

No matter how good Zabba has been, he has been a bit dozy at times. Kompany has made far too many dodgy challenges then whinged about them to the ref after he's been booked or a free kick given against him.

Sinclair can go. Yaya needs a kick up his arse because he is just far too lazy. Dropping him may do the trick. Garcia can leave too. Nasri, I'm not so sure about as he's started to play much better. He has the ability, we just need someone to coax it out of him more regularly. GazBaz doesn't have the legs, but I'd probably want him to see his contract out for some sort of stability.

It looks like Carlos may be leaving. Dzeko looked better for a while yesterday, great lay off for Rodders first goal. If we play to his strengths then maybe he can do the job he was bought for. It will depend on who we bring in - Falcao and Cavanni then Dzeko can leave!

The Reading performance made me feel a little better but yesterday was dire again.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

After another abject display...who would you get rid of? Empty Re: After another abject display...who would you get rid of?

Post by shakencity Mon May 20, 2013 9:22 am

Kolarov, Lescott, Maicon, Sinclair, Nasri and Dzeko can all go for me. A couple of half decent performances at the end of the season doesn't change my mind on anyone, out the door I say.

I'd like Pants, Garcia and Tevez to stay. Can't understand at all why Tevez is thinkin of leaving......unless it's to go back to S America.

The big 4 of Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero (and Hart too) have to rediscover their form of last season, as they've dropped off alarmingly imo. If they all do that, we'll be a different proposition again.

A new manager and new faces are whats needed now, just to shake things up and kick a few arses into gear. Onwards and upwards!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

After another abject display...who would you get rid of? Empty Re: After another abject display...who would you get rid of?

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon May 20, 2013 2:09 pm

I wouldn't read too much into an end of season meaningless game, half the team were on thier holidays already, especially in defence!
Glad to see Rodwell finally get on the score sheet, but I bet he's scratching his head as to why he scored a brace but still finished on the losing side?!!!

At halftime I thought I'd do something constructive and Mow the lawn, rather than getting frustrated watching our poor defending.

I think I'll just file that under a rock somewhere and forget about it, and just look forward to new manager, some top signings and good times ahead.....
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon May 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Bewar3them00n wrote:Glad to see Rodwell finally get on the score sheet, but I bet he's scratching his head as to why he scored a brace but still finished on the losing side?!!!
I can answer that for him. Not only was he the only person in a City shirt who scored, he was the only one who ever looked like scoring. So naturally, once he was substituted, we had nobody left to score any more goals. Simples!

And if there's one positive we can take away from that game, if we can just get his hamstring to not fall apart again, we've actually got the makings of a bloody good player there. He looked relatively solid defensively and made those quick runs going forwards that we've been dying to see from someone all season. Shame he had to face a full eleven Norwich players on his own, really...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon May 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Dare I say it, but Rodders is getting into the positions that Yaya should have been getting in for the last two seasons.

Why on earth does Yaya have to drop so far back to collect the ball when we have two CBs there that should be able to bring the ball out a bit.

Why put no real effort in when the fans have paid to come and watch you play? As Gary Birtles put it, if you don't want to play, tell the manager!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon May 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Topdawg wrote:Why on earth does Yaya have to drop so far back to collect the ball when we have two CBs there that should be able to bring the ball out a bit.

I've been sayin that same thing for well over 12 months now, it drives me mad Mad
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon May 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Rodwell called up for England...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22601833

hope his Hamstring survives! but he has a seriously good engine, one of our few good buys, among the goodbyes!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Mon May 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Centre backs who can play the ball out or more to the point give it to midfield as quick as poss... thats Lescotts biggest problem he holds on too long. Not sure what VK's problem is but he is too good to be left out, do you think it could be Kidd's way of backing Mancini by leaving certain players out?? maybe the one's who voiced there views against Roberto?
Ironic thing is i got my season ticket/card renewal glossy booklet in the post today, got till June 3rd to renew not knowing who will or wont be hear next year!
Not that i wont renew just having my end of season moan Very Happy
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon May 20, 2013 9:47 pm

New kit out tomorrow night on the OS. team wearing Nike trackies on their way to America today.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon May 20, 2013 10:11 pm

bellyblue wrote:Not sure what VK's problem is but he is too good to be left out, do you think it could be Kidd's way of backing Mancini by leaving certain players out?? maybe the one's who voiced there views against Roberto?
Apparently, he was injured. At least that's what I'd heard.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon May 20, 2013 10:35 pm

Out?
Kolorov
Lescott
Sinclair
Nasri
Dzeko

Looks like Tevez will leave.
I have to disagree with the comment about Zabba...he's been our one shining light all season. Mistakes will always happen...ask Micah what he thought of yesterday? He was fucking woeful all game!!
Talk of Pellegrini bringing Pepe to City.......nutter, but he knows how to defend and is very good on the ball.
These are the only one's I would personally dump now.

Garcia - needs another season.
Rodwell - after I saw him get a hatrick in the EDS.....his finishing looked very cool and then yesterday, took his goals very well....just need to keep him fit. Barry as back-up.

Agree, our key 4 or 5 players need some competition and seriously up their game for next season...and hopefully, with 4 or 5 new faces, that will happen.
Still wish we would shoot from the edge of the box.....so many times again, we got where we needed to be...then played a stupid tippy tappy pass when a shot was on. For me, Nasri and Silva are the worst culprits for this.
Anyway, it's out of our hands....guess deadline day will be full of surprises, but let's hope it all done and dusted by then with regards to players in and out.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon May 20, 2013 11:08 pm

blueboy wrote:Still wish we would shoot from the edge of the box.....so many times again, we got where we needed to be...then played a stupid tippy tappy pass when a shot was on. For me, Nasri and Silva are the worst culprits for this.
Oh, don't get me started! I really don't get why Silva will shoot on sight when he's in the Spain shirt, but when he's got ours on he just point blank refuses. Weird.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 am

Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue May 21, 2013 9:57 am

Well, his contract is up and Nastasic is supposed to be replacing him. It would've been nice to get some money for him, but at least it's one wage bill we don't have any more. Plus, we were never going to extend his contract anyway.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue May 21, 2013 10:10 am

Yes Leo - I imagine Toure was on a fair whack as well. At least £100,000 per week would you say? Possibly more.

We only technically have 3 centre halves now, 4 with Richards, but I think we seriously need to invest in another. Especially if Lescott goes.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue May 21, 2013 10:10 am

If we can get rid of Lescott too and get a decent replacement in, that'll be good financial business imo....as we'll still have Micah as a more than capable 4th CB.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue May 21, 2013 10:11 am

Well Jordans post has just made mine look a tad silly now Rolling Eyes
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down