Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
What's changed? EmptyYesterday at 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
What's changed? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
What's changed? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
What's changed? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
What's changed? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
What's changed? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
What's changed? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
What's changed? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
What's changed? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
What's changed? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What's changed?

+5
TMG
Bewar3them00n
Wensdi
Topdawg
blueboy
9 posters

Go down

What's changed? Empty What's changed?

Post by blueboy Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:59 pm

Please don't think I am back to my moaning self of old.....but I've now watched all of our pre season games, and I know that it's all abut fitness etc - but I want to know what everyone else thinks.

1) How, in any way have we played a different style of football under MP?

2) Some didn't agree with me that Pepe should sign for us. Lescott is pants, Boyata no better. We should sign Pepe.

3) Defensively we look fragile.

4) Navas - has looked good in glimpses, but must be frustrated as a winger that the rest of the team constantly play tippy tappy football and only play the ball to him when a defender realises he is in space.

5) Negredo, works his socks off, scores nice one on ones, but do we need Dzeko and him together - ever?

6) Jovetic - would like to see more of him behind Aguero or Negredo.

7) Now.........here is my controversial one. I said it when we bought him. WTF does Fernandinho bring to the team as the highest transfer this season for us? Sorry, I just don't get it. I've watched him play 5 matches - and he is no better than Barry. Waste of money IMO.

We've bought width, but still play exactly like we did under Mancini - nothing has changed for £90m.

Over to you to shoot me down! Laughing
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What's changed? Empty Re: What's changed?

Post by Topdawg Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Just a quick point or two...

Negredo looks like Dzeko, except he seems t work harder and looks more aggressive. Fans like that, but is he any different with the chances he's missed?

Fernandinho hasn't done it for me yet. He is supposed to be pacy, but I haven't seen it.

Kompany always makes mistakes usually with the timing of a tackle which gets him booked or sent off.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Topdawg wrote:Just a quick point or two...

Negredo looks like Dzeko, except he seems t work harder and looks more aggressive. Fans like that, but is he any different with the chances he's missed?

Fernandinho hasn't done it for me yet. He is supposed to be pacy, but I haven't seen it.

Kompany always makes mistakes usually with the timing of a tackle which gets him booked or sent off.
 Can't disagree with any of your comments Dawg.

So, what's changed?Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Stick up your team to start against the Magpies then Bluey. I'd also prefer Jovetic off Dzeko/Negredo.

We've looked good in parts going forwards, but always dodgy at the back. If we forget about the South African friendlies, and even the ones in Hong Kong, we've conceded 8 in 3 games whilst scoring 7. That may mean exciting football this coming season with stacks of goals, but there may be too many on our end for us to win the league.

The audi cup gave me more confidence for the season ahead but this match has dented that.

If I was Wenger, I'd stick a £50M bid in for Suarez as he would guarantee a top 4 finish for them and they may just be able to surprise people if they had his skill and work rate.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:49 pm

I'm not too worried about the score line - we have 4 new players and we haven't quite clicked although individually we played well - as a team not quite together yet.  Defence needs tightening up - Negredo showed his strength with that last goal - reminded me of Aguero.  We'll do fine.

It's too early to be critical Blueboy - let's see we where we are after a few games and see if anything's changed.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:57 pm

I think we are lucky with our start. We should really be getting a win against Newcastle especially since our guys will be getting a couple more days rest after the internationals than others.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Wensdi wrote:I'm not too worried about the score line - we have 4 new players and we haven't quite clicked although individually we played well - as a team not quite together yet.  Defence needs tightening up - Negredo showed his strength with that last goal - reminded me of Aguero.  We'll do fine.

It's too early to be critical Blueboy - let's see we where we are after a few games and see if anything's changed.
Wensdi - I'm called critical for asking what everyone thinks? Dawg has just said the same thing as I was pointing out - so is he critical as well?

I'm only talking on what we have seen so far. We were told by MP that we will be different to last season and he is supposed to be a manager that plays counter-attacking football at pace. So far, I just haven't seen that. Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Dawg

My starting line-up on what I have seen so far, would be this.

.....................................Hart.......................................

Zab...............Vinny................Pepe/Micah...............Clichy

............Milner..................Yaya...................Silva..........

Navas....................Negredo/Aguero.................Jovetic....

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:07 pm

I didn't direct my comments at you BlueBoy - as you said both you and Dawg posted.  My reply was just generic - not too worried about the score.  4 new players to integrate and gel.  So I'm not going to be critical at this point in time.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Wensdi wrote:I didn't direct my comments at you BlueBoy - as you said both you and Dawg posted.  My reply was just generic - not too worried about the score.  4 new players to integrate and gel.  So I'm not going to be critical at this point in time.
I don't mind you calling me critical Wensdi - old habits die hard! Razz

I just do't see a change in formation and the way we play. If we have bought these players to accommodate MP's style of play, well it doesn't look like anything has changed from last season.

Today's game for example - as soon as Arsenal lost the ball, they kept 2 banks of 4........we looked like we didn't have a clue how to break them down, just like last season.

Navas came on and took up some great positions out wide..........not one single long pass to him out wide.....he had to keep coming inside and short to get the ball...........Silva can do that, so why buy him?

Fernandinho I suppose, was bought to allow Yaya more license to go forward - just didn't see him going forward, saw more of Fernandinho forward than Yaya.

Negredo - I actually like the look of him. Strong and physical, unlike Dzeko, but takes his one on ones..........though missed a bag full today.

Jovetic, I really like the look of this kid.........he seems more direct and would be great out wide on the left or off a striker.

I still think we look disjointed. No doubt Nasty getting injured is a blow..........but we cannot rely on Lezza and Boyata to fill his boots. Nasty is young and will be a superb player....but I think with Vinny, we need another assured pro, and though Pepe can be hot-heated, he is great at reading the game, quick and has lot's of experience, which may make Vinny stop his 'lunging' tackles to make up for others being out of position.

The defence does concern me.....don't think Clichy had his best game for a long time - woeful in possession, though better than Alex K.

I think we have set up exactly like Mancini did........I watched Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher talking about how City and United would line up this season, and both said with Navas, they have the player that will change the way they play, as they need width...............I haven't seen us play with proper width all summer.

Same bombing runs from Milner and Zaba...............but that's not real width, that's just like last season.

Here's hoping MP is just using these games to look at players, but with 3 weeks to go, I'd much rather see what is in store from a formation point of view and the 'different' style he promised, rather than a lighter version of last season.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:48 pm

I haven't changed my mind from a week ago about my starting 11.

Hart
Richards, Kompany, Lezza, Clichy
Yaya, Fernandinho
Milner, Silva, Jovetic
Dzeko
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Actually, I will change Fernandinhoi for Rodwell, though I don't think the boss will.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Contrversial, but Hart makes me nervous at the mo, I think he's lost his mojo, and it will send a message out that no one is untouchable.
Pants
Yaya, Fernandinho
Milner, Silva, Jovetic
Negredo

Then alternative 2nd half changes

Pants
Yaya, Fernandinho
Navas, Silva, Nasri
Aguero

Still some kinks to iron out in the team/system, I think we were more up for the Bayern game than this against Arsenal, I'm sure Pellegrini was just going thru some permutations, I still think we will have a good season, and  once the whistle goes against Newcastle we will soon be back, getting carried away with the result, but we might have to temper the dreams of world domination at the moment...
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Highlights available on the Arsenal website.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:11 pm

In answer 2 ur question Nothing has changed
Fernandinho is not as good as NDJ but is apparently worth 26m more - madness ! Unless we change the formation and our style of play we will be in exactly the same boat as last season, lots iof midfield possession but not enough penetration, goals or shots on target
I too like the look of Negredo Him & Aguero up front wd be my choice wi Dzeko as last season in a support role, off the bench
Jesus needs to be given far more of the ball than he has this far
I also agree bout the defence Kompany is the only top class defender we have The others are ok Zabba is excellent going forward but TBH I wd prefer Micah as a defender if he can manage to remain injury free for more than 5 minutes
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:43 pm

I've managed to watch nothing but highlights of this pre-season and, frankly, it doesn't look like we're doing anything much different.  Which is worrying, because so many PL sides know how to keep us quiet now it'll make even qualifying for the CL next season a tall order.

All I can hope is that Pelle has told them not to play the new way, so nobody's expecting it when we do finally start doing it.

I'm concerned, but I'm not going to panic just yet.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:36 am

I think there has been a bit of sandbagging going on, we haven't started our strongest 11 yet.
Fernandinho is quality, he has several moments each game that have really impressed, the rest seems to have been ticking over in 2nd gear.

I'm hoping we have more gears to kick in once the season starts properly..
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:50 am

If we don't get a result next Monday I will worry, but it was a training game and a little reverse psychology to make the gooners think they can beat us ;-)

Well in my head anyway, lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:55 am

Anyone else think Yaya is just completely past it? When was the last time we saw Yaya have a good game? Definitely can't think of a game last season. The season before perhaps? 

He slows us right down, doesn't exactly break up the play like Barry does. I'd much rather Rodwell given a start or Milner there and Navas on the wing.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:22 am

I'm not panicking guys, just confused.

Of all the big teams, we are the ones that have got our signings in early, and spent big money.

MP said 4 weeks ago - "the fans will see a different style of play".....well so far, we haven't.

To suddenly switch a style of play on a Monday night against Newcastle seems a little odd.

I know he probably doesn't know his best 11 and with Aguero being out, he can't see who will fit best with him......but come on, let's see Navas and Jovetic unleashed and drop one of the 2 defensive midfielders.

I actually think, apart from yesterday, Milner has been consistent on the right side, so maybe give Navas a go on the left wing and keep Silva in behind Milner.

I also agree with Shaken - Hart looks a little under-confident at the moment. The way he let Ramsey round him - showed this. Maybe give Pants a go, as Shaken said.

Therefore - a possible team could be this one.

.................................Pants.....................................

Zaba.............Micah....................Vinny...........Clichy....

.................................Yaya.....................................

...............Silva...................................Milner............

Navas..........................................................Jovetic

.................................Aguero/Negredo
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:28 am

Sorry Bluey, you spoilt your post by playing Micah as CB when he hasn't played there all pre-season. Hardly likely he'll suddenly get a run out against Newcastle at CB.

Pellegrini has already stated he has a good idea on his starting 11 but he'll wait and see after the internationals next week how everyone is.

The reason to have 2 DMs is so that you are tight defensively which also means your 4 attackers have to do more work themselves.

Well, we have been crap defensively, so the 2 DMs haven't been working well enough (I'd pin more blame on the defence though - how poor was Vinnie for 2 goals yesterday?).

If we play with 2 DMs, maybe Negredo would be better than Dzeko as he will work harder and can create more on his own.

With one DM, I'd definitely play Dzeko and Jovetic with Silova, Milner and maybe Navas supplying him.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Micah has always said his preferred position is a CB.....something has happened with Vinny and Lezza, they look on different wavelengths at the moment.

Nasty would be my first choice with Vinny, but why not give Micah a run there, as he is quicker and more comfortable on the ball than Lezza?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Micah and Lezza? SHow that no-one is indispensible?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Although Lezza had several good moments yesterday, andvduring pre-season, he ain't that quick, what're the odds we get another CB in? 
Saying that against Bayern we soaked up loads of pressure, wave after wave ,and scored on the break, just the way Arsenal did yesterday, only that Arsenal scored with almost every attack, while we had a 10% hit rate, so I think yesterday was just one of those days where we couldn't score in a brothel, and a mix of a few poor defensive lapses, just like against AC Milan.
Newcastle won't pose the same threat Arsenal did, and I predict we'll be we'll drilled and ready for the season come the game a week tomorrow, obviously a early goal for us will ease the pressure, and make Newcastle come out to play, that is, unless they're already planning to attack us with an expansive game?
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:47 pm

I watched the first 40 minutes against ACMilan and was in heaven.But since then there has been nothing to shout about,we are in dire need of a shake up at the back.Everyone is saying how we are going to do well,but I hope that MP gets it together in time for Newcastle:)

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:25 pm

I think we should be too strong for Newcastle even if we don't perform as well as we could.

We have a nice first 3 games (Newcastle at home, Cardiff away and Hull at home) but we need to be on our game for the next 3 (Stoke away, utd at home and villa away)
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Does anyone else think Boyota could be given a run in the 1st game. Thought he did very well against Munich

My team would be
--------Joe 
Micah Vinny Boyota Clichy
------ Fernando
Navas Yaya Silva Milner
-----   Negredo
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:30 pm

no, just never liked Boyata. Cast my mind back a few seasons, we were chasing a game and he ambled over to take a throw in with seconds to go, and limply tossed it backwards. Screamed out to me he didn't have the heart in it then, never seen anything to change my mind since.

Im happy to go with Vinny and Lescott to start the season.
Hardest choice at the minute is Micah or Zabba again..
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:25 am

Is Sergio coming straight back in though? All reports are he is fit, but he hasn't played a minute of pre- season?

We won the title with Vinny and Lezzer so they can do it.

In my eyes if we set up with a single DM on Monday we will do the business, two of them and it will be the same old same old and the teams know how to stop us.

It's Ferandino or Yaya not both.

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:41 pm

But Yaya isn't really a defensive MF. He doesn't defend particularly well which is why we need Fernando in
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:43 pm

He's not doing much very well at the moment? I'd leave him out but that just isn't going to happen?

Has our 25 man match day squad been announced yet? Just wondering if they are going to squeeze anybody out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:12 pm

We have 26 players according to the OS. Scotty Sinclair seems the most likely to leave.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:35 pm

Isn't Scott under 21 though?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down