Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

Jwils2710

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Has anything changed but my expectation? EmptyToday at 2:04 am by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Has anything changed but my expectation? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Has anything changed but my expectation? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Has anything changed but my expectation? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Has anything changed but my expectation? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Has anything changed but my expectation? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Has anything changed but my expectation? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Has anything changed but my expectation? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Has anything changed but my expectation? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Has anything changed but my expectation? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Has anything changed but my expectation?

+8
leopold
Paulpowersleftfoot
shakencity
titbumwilly
coolenglishbob
Topdawg
Wensdi
Nijinsky
12 posters

Go down

Has anything changed but my expectation? Empty Has anything changed but my expectation?

Post by Nijinsky Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi to every one, hope you are all keeping well

I've not posted on here fpr quite a while now. but after the disspaointment of mid week then the points thrown away today. 2 games that last season we would have won. My question is what has changed?

Is it Barry not being there to protect the defence, is it Joe and his defence not concentrating, is the whole team believing the hype bulit up around them. or is it RM doesn't appear to have a clue as to what his best team is and so the week in week out changes are causing more problems than it is solving?

Still undefeated in the league and gutted that we lost to real madrid away, when was the last time I could have said that.

Cheers
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Has anything changed but my expectation? Empty Re: Has anything changed but my expectation?

Post by Wensdi Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:32 pm

I could have accepted a 1-1 draw if we had played at their place. We won't retain the PL crown if we continue to play like we did today. We were awful.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Has anything changed but my expectation? Empty Re: Has anything changed but my expectation?

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:43 pm

silva was terrible
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:27 pm

David Silva's final pass was non existant,how many times did he give the ball away in their half of the pitch?Garcia was invisible all match.Our two most consistent players last season were ,Silva and Kompany,but this time they are not cutting it.We were by far the poorer side today and we got away with it!Although Vinnie was better today than he has been,thankfully!!Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:21 pm

unless Lezza improves markedly and quickly, his days may be numbered.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 am

I was disappointed but not at all surprised by yesterday's performance.

I agree with CEB with regard to Silva, it was almost painful to watch. He looked like a player totally lacking in confidence, which is totally ridiculous considering his ability and list of achievements.

I was surprised that Edin was taken off. I thought he was one of the few positives yesterday. The good Argentinian should have gone off when the bad Argentinian came on. I thought it would've been better to give Kun a rest as it was effectively his first game of the season.

The one thing that struck me yesterday was the need for a De Jong type of player putting his foot in, protecting our defence. If only we had a De Jong type of player!!

I like to finish on a positive, so I think the fact that we have been so poor (relatively) and yet still undefeated is encouraging. Onwards & upwards.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:16 am

Can't add anything to what's already been said. If we have any asperation towards retaining our title, performances have to improve ten fold sharpish.

The thing that worried me most was that we were outplayed by an average Arsenal team, why is it that WE as the HOME team were relying on break-aways to hurt them?

The Rags and Chelski both scraped wins, that's another 2pts lost on those 2. I wish i could feel as positive titbum, but i get what you're saying.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:41 am

Our defence was shielded by Barry De Jong or both last season which contributed to the defense being much tighter.Its quite clear that we tactically messed up yesterday,not for the first time I might add,but this dropping deeper & deeper plus the infectious giving the ball away which has developed is the root cause of the problems.The constant tinkering with the side can't be helping as they need to be getting used to playing with each other,at times they play like complete strangers.
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:05 am

Can't fault anything that anyone's said here. Well, except for Lescott, I thought he played reasonably well. Or maybe everyone else made him look better, I can't say.

Thought Silva had an awful game again. You could see the odd flash of what he can do, but it's almost as though his brain would say, "Hey, what are you DOING??" and he'd promptly lose it. And Yaya was awful, missed some right sitters and his passing was abysmal. Garcia wasn't as strong as I'd have hoped for either. In fact, the only midfielder who had a good game was Sinclair, and he got taken off!

Didn't get Dzeko being taken off either. Yes, glad to see Tevez on the park, some endeavour to make things happen, but he should've replaced Aguero. Not that I thinkn Kun had a bad game, he tried really hard, but you could see it was a struggle for him to get into the game.

Aresnal were nothing special and yet we let them push us deeper and deeper until the goal became an inevitability. If we'd have been on any kind of form, we'd have won that game. But we're not, and we don't seem to know how to shut up shop either.

Poor control, poor passing, lacklustre effort from most players yesterday. I'm disappointed, not in the result, but in the manner of how we played. Something needs to change if we're serious about mounting any challenges this season, or we're just going to finish with a charity shield.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:45 am

if carzola had been playing for us, easy win. that was how bad silva was yesterday.

last season we wobbled about but had enough class to get through games.

this season we are not enjoying the luck that got us wins instead of draws.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:49 pm

i still can't help thinking the dis jointed pre season silva & Balotelli only getting 2 weeks break between the end of last season & the beginning of this one may explain a lot of what we are going through. Aguero's injury 2 games in did not help matters as wello as Barry & micah also missing. Not all excuses all small factors but when you add them all up it maybe explains a lot of what is going on. We do look a pale shadow of the team that dazzled at the beginning of last season. All done without de jong who was injured at the beginning of last season. so i do not think he is the key element however i do miss him, & i am hoping the european journos are right that garcia will prove to be a greater asset. Disappointed yes but quietly optimistic.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:29 pm

I hate to knock our most succesful manager in years,but,Bobby really has to get his act together.He has the players who can do it,but he has to knit them together into a successful unit e.g. last season.We cannot afford to drop points to teams like Arsenal,who lets be honest.were not better than us,it was City who were poorer than they.I am not looking forward to Tues. we must get a result!!Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:21 pm

We just haven't got goin yet this season.
We haven't played well in any game since the Charity Shield. Too many changes to the team, shit tactics like 3 at the bac at Loserpool, Maicon against Ronaldo, dropping Edin & various other fuck ups have contributed but once we get it together someone is going to get an absolute thrashing and Im hoping it will start away at Fulham on Sunday
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:33 pm

I thought we did OK. Come on guys, why the negativity, we are 5 games in, we've played shit - but only 4 points off the top.

7th place isn't so bad.....we will only improve and new players are bedding in.

( Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed )

Happy now, some of you? Or do you want my real verdict????
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Come on blue, give us your real verdict affraid
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:07 pm

10 yrs ago we'd have died for that result.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:46 pm

But that was 10 years ago Dawg. Now we expect more from our team

I see the Arsenal team and fans were celebrating the draw like they'd won the league. Shows how sad Goons are & how far we've come also
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Agree with most of the commentary on individuals, but one thing we are doing is riding our luck to a degree. Looking at the 3 recent results - draw loss to Madrid, draw, we are still not too far adrift (yet.)

It is very early days, and if there's one thing I have learnt from the years of watching other teams, getting excited about them dropping early points and wishing that that would be the beginning of the end is that once a team gets the belief by winning the league, nothing gets remotely decided before the end of October, and rarely before December (note last year's falling away of title contenders Spurs and the resurgency of an apalling Arsenal team.)

As there are no teams who yet appear to be capable of setting a burning pace as we and the rags did, we are still in an ok position having faced some tough games.

Bobby is testing a few new things out, yes, they should be working better, but haven't been going horribly wrong, and I think we will see the benefit later on when we have some valid and practiced different 'looks' (no shirt jokes please Laughing ) to choose from.
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:38 pm

PBSS One thing that is true is that we have had a hard start to the season,and we may make up ground when we play the weaker teams,starting with Villa tonight,hopefully.But we do need to get a more settled line up for the Fulham game,and hope that Silva can get back to his best,and also Yaya is looking a bit jaded as well.This is the start of the season and not the end,isn't it?Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:45 am

ceb,

"PBSS One thing that is true is that we have had a hard start to the season"

Soton, QPR, Arsenal at home and Stoke away.........hardly the toughest of starts.

Only consolation imo is we haven't lost, despite poor displays (i'm not counting the Mickey Mouse Cup last night Rolling Eyes ), as i'm sure we'll improve significantly in the weeks to come.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:11 am

Not seen the game from last night or read any match reports....but sounds like we were woeful....and deserved nothing from the game. Bobby looks like he is seriously feeling the strain of being Champions - and sounds like he is spitting his 'pasta' out of the pram.

This irritation and frustration is clearly rubbing off onto the players.

How many times during last season did we all say "the build is too slow, too much sideways passing"...........only for him to bring back Tevez and suddenly we kicked on again and our play quickened up and we started scoring for fun again.

We look slow and laborious at the moment - hate to say it, but like a tired team.

Barry has been missing through injury - and is now trying to get back his match fitness - Garcia is getting used to the EPL, Sinclair for me should have hit the ground running (but sadly hasn't done what he has been brought in to do - use his pace and take on players), Silva looks like a shadow of last season so far, VK and Lezza haven't hit it off (and I blame Mancini for this as he has chopped and changed a solid back 4) add to that Aguero - who will have to get back his match sharpness and last Sunday will have helped...........it's a dodgy start, but we are 4 points adrift only.....

My one concern is what I said prior to the Madrid game......I really hope Mancini doesn't sacrifice the team prior to a CL game...as we could get to November and be 10 points off other teams that have improved markedly on last season.........that's my big, big worry.

Players like VK, Hart, Yaya, Silva and more senior players need to now step up and stop feeling sorry for themselves, Mancini needs to find his best 4 defenders and keep playing them.....because we do play out from the back, through the midfield and it all starts there - but if each game we have 2 new defenders and then another set of different midfielders - where is the consistency?

Sort it our Bobby....before it's too late for the team....and potentially your job.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down