Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Why not have financial fair play for fans? EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Why not have financial fair play for fans? EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Why not have financial fair play for fans? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Why not have financial fair play for fans? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Why not have financial fair play for fans? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Why not have financial fair play for fans? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Why not have financial fair play for fans? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Why not have financial fair play for fans? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Why not have financial fair play for fans? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Why not have financial fair play for fans? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Why not have financial fair play for fans?

4 posters

Go down

Why not have financial fair play for fans? Empty Why not have financial fair play for fans?

Post by Topdawg Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Why not?

Why can't we have something like a ceiling price on the cost of season tickets, say at £800? That would screw those teams charging the earth and screwing their fans.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Why not have financial fair play for fans? Empty Re: Why not have financial fair play for fans?

Post by ManCityMan Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:38 pm

Because the players wages have to be capped first. FFP means we have to balance the books and spend only what we bring in through generated revenue as you are aware.
Therefore, due to the high wages and transfer fees they have to look at ways to increase income streams in other areas, they cannot reduce the cost of season tickets across the board to, say, your suggested £800 ceiling.
It's swings and roundabouts now under the FFP, if you want top players then you have to pay the going rate or higher for transfer fee and wages to get them. This means selling other players and, as stated, increasing income in other areas.
Capping players wages at around £150K would by default mean that clubs could pass savings on to fans through reductions in prices for match or season tickets.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Why not have financial fair play for fans? Empty Re: Why not have financial fair play for fans?

Post by leopold Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Good points, MCM.  However, Dawg's suggested cap doesn't really affect us, seeing as our most expensive ST is already less than £800.  So all that this cap does is cripple the competition Twisted Evil
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:55 pm

My point exactly Leo, though I don't really think they'll lose all that much relative to their turnover. They'll just increase the price of the cheapest tickets to compensate.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Really, though, it won't cripple anyone at all, the net loss would run to maybe a month's worth of the wage bill.  It really is just fleecing fans for a relative pittance.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Arsenal have 35,000 gold season card holders (don't know what they pay) and 7,000 at £985.

They would lose, with my arbitrary £800 ceiling, £1.3M for the 7,000 and let's say the other pay an average of £1,400, then they'd lose another £21M.

Wow, it can soon add up. It would be great if this was implemented!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Talkshite reporting we are the cheapest and The Arse are the most expensive.  Their top season ticket is just under £2K !!  But they get 7 cup games in the price.  You'd hope they got home and away cups including free travel at that price! Cockney's have more money than sense.

We have it about right but I do expect it to creep up.  Mr Extravagant here has just bought his Wigan ticket for £15, wonder when the last time a ticket at the Arse was £15?

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:11 pm

It's actually only a tenner at the arse for all league cup games
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:39 pm

but is that because they play the reserves?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:11 am

Speaking of the Wigan tickets, I thought that being on the cup scheme gave you some sort of discount.  I paid £15 for mine on the scheme and now they're selling them at that price to eveyone who wants one.  And I'll bet they drop it to a tenner if they still don't sell well.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down