Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Were we that good or were Norwich that bad? EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Were we that good or were Norwich that bad? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Were we that good or were Norwich that bad? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Were we that good or were Norwich that bad? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Were we that good or were Norwich that bad? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Were we that good or were Norwich that bad? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Were we that good or were Norwich that bad? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Were we that good or were Norwich that bad? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Were we that good or were Norwich that bad? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Were we that good or were Norwich that bad? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Were we that good or were Norwich that bad?

+4
blueboy
Wensdi
leopold
Topdawg
8 posters

Go down

Were we that good or were Norwich that bad? Empty Were we that good or were Norwich that bad?

Post by Topdawg Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:18 pm

Missed the match as the missus decided that we needed to be back in France today. Belting along the motorway to get home in time for the last 15 minutes (already knew we were 4-0 up from crackling 5 live).

We looked very decent and Norwich looked very poor. We could have scored so many more if we wanted to.

Did Pants have anything to do at all?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Were we that good or were Norwich that bad? Empty Re: Were we that good or were Norwich that bad?

Post by leopold Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:21 pm

I was there and, to be honest, Norwich were woeful.  We scored seven, but it could've been more quite easily.  We played well, but they let us have so much space and time on the ball it ended up more like a training exercise.

Pants had one save to make.  He was largely a spectator.

One Norwich fan rang in to say we were good, but not seven goals good.  I don't know what he was watching, frankly, as we were good for a lot more.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Were we that good or were Norwich that bad? Empty Re: Were we that good or were Norwich that bad?

Post by Wensdi Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:31 pm

I was embarrassed for Norwich when we were 5-0 up.  However, it should give us some confidence now to keep that winning spirit and move up the table. 
Today was a good day.  My kitty's home from surgery on Wednesday - got hit by a car - broken pelvis and some internal injuries.  She and I watched the match.  Sheff Wed won their first match today and Chelsea lost - so much better ending to my week!!
Long haul for my kitty though - she can drag herself a little on her two front paws.  Fingers crossed that she'll mend.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:25 am

It was all a little too easy. At times, we were at walking pace in the MF, with no Norwich player within 20 yrds of Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Fernandinho.....and they just passed it around without even breaking a 'walking' stride.

Again, Silva and Aguero were immense. Aguero should've had 5 or 6 yesterday....but he was unselfish.

Pants had one good save to make, came out and made a good punch.....on occasions his distribution mirrored Hart's though. Still, done nothing wrong and can see him playing against CSKA.

Defensively - I thought DeMichelis was average.....his passing woeful on a number of occasions....and that was against a team that ventured into our half on a handful of occasions. He gave the ball away twice with sloppy passes, that on another day could've cost us - Pilkington should've scored from one mistake after a great cross-ball.

I read in the papers today - Ruddy is getting pelters for his peformance, 'howlers' being mentioned again. Why do they do it?
Of the goals - maybe he should've saved Silva's. He couldn't do anything about the OG, or Nasty's deflected header.

Aguero's, Negredo's and Dzeko's weren't his fault - and as for Yaya's free kick again.....nobody could have stopped it.

I like Houghton....but he had 10 outfield players who didn't give him anything yesterday.....and we know what that's like this season.

Good 3 points - 6 different scorers, huge GD, confidence for the next game....but we need Vinny back, as Nasty and DeM don't fill me with huge confidence, especially if they play against CSKA with their pace in attack.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:31 am

I can see Hart back for CSKA with DeM and Nasty at CB
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:00 am

I'm not so sure about Hart....DeM and Nasty though, I think you're right.

Why drop Hart for 1 game? It doesn't make sense to Hart or Pants.

Hart wasn't going to play against Newcastle, so how, by dropping him for one game will it suddenly make things different for him? Also, Pants hasn't done anything majorly wrong in 2 games, so again, what does that do to Pants to suddenly drop him back to the bench now he's got his chance?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:12 am

I agree it doesn't make sense, especially for Pants but I can see it happening. Last chance saloon for Harty.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:31 am

Jesus, even Bury scored 3 against um (at their place too), so they must be shit. City gettin 7 certainly didn't suprise me, probably should have been more.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:38 pm

We could easily have won 12-0 but we rightly would have got no real plaudits for it. It really just shows how bad Norwich were and even when we made mistakes where we could have been punished we got away with it, when Demi made a great sliding block to break up a rare Norwich attack deep into our half he immediately passed it straight to Elmander. Against a better team that could have cost us a goal.
I'm sure that there was an element of complacency creeping in after a while when it was obvious to the players that it was like shelling peas, and more concentration would have been applied against a more serious threat, i hope!!
I hope the pundits are right when they think that Arsenal will drop points against the better teams, it certainly puts more significance on the home game against them before Christmas (14th?)
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:16 pm

we should see this sunday with the arse going to uniturd.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Well i'm off to Cancun for a fortnight tomorrow morning , hope the CSKA game and PL games can be obtained in ol' Mehico.  anyone know?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:45 pm

Good team selection against a team that we should be beating, Silva Aguero and Nasri playing like that was a pleasure to watch and being there you can appreciate the work done by them and off the ball Fernandinho.
Yes Norwich on the day got it all wrong but they are a Prem team and you can only beat what's infront of you!
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Very true, lets hope they can beat whats in front of them tomorrow night.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down