Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team?

+8
meltonblue
leopold
ManCityMan
Jordan
Topdawg
Paulpowersleftfoot
shakencity
blueboy
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? Empty In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team?

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:11 pm

They can be a lower division team you follow, non-league, a team you liked when you were pre-City......whatever the reason. But add why you follow them or their results.

Obviously we have Wensdi and Shaken with SW and Bury...but why?

ME - 2 teams really.....I always look out for Ross County and East Fife.

Now.....East Fife. Remember those scratch off football cards that the pubs/legions etc use to pop round on an evening, Sunday etc....my old Nan used to always get me to write her name - Edith, on East Fife...she was Scottish.....and a lucky bugger.

Ross County - in the mid 90's, a few friends from my local pub (Robin Hood) in Hazel Grove, used to have a place near their ground....and I took a then GF up there to stay. We went to watch a match and there must have been 250 people there...but the banter in the pub afterwards was brilliant....and from then on....they've always been my second team....and look where they are now!!!!cheers
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? Empty Re: In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team?

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Wow, i'm wellin up here blue Sad .

For some reason I've always looked out for Alloas results in Scotland.....absolutely no idea why, but they have yo-yo'd like I don't know what for the last10yrs or so....they're doin ok at the minute though.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? Empty Re: In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team?

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Macc Town
Used to go see them play when I was a kid,20 mins on the bus,if City were away
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:35 pm

I'm always interested in Oldham's results because I lived there for many years.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:49 pm

Used to watch Radcliffe Borough a lot when I was younger.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:49 pm

By younger, I mean younger than I am now Wink
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Jordan wrote:By younger, I mean younger than I am now Wink
Glad you cleared that one up Jordan! 3 years ago??Laughing
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Macc Town
Bloody Hell PPLF same as me.  Lived in Macclesfield till I was 11.  I actually played for Macc Town Under 11s back in the day.  Went quite a lot in the previous non-league days.

Being a sweaty sock though (came to Macc when an impressive 12 months old) I also follow Hearts being from just outside Edinburgh and the like.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:02 pm

I had a spell of following Stockport County....only because all the guys in my local supported County and City....so as mentioned earlier in a post....followed them through all the Cup rounds, Chesterfield etc to the Semi's against Boro...."Super, Super Kev"....great times...County and Grimsby away for City...Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:05 pm

blisteringblue wrote:
Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Macc Town
Bloody Hell PPLF same as me.  Lived in Macclesfield till I was 11.  I actually played for Macc Town Under 11s back in the day.  Went quite a lot in the previous non-league days.

Being a sweaty sock though (came to Macc when an impressive 12 months old) I also follow Hearts being from just outside Edinburgh and the like.
Macc had a pretty good side with steve burr up front when I went
Crossville green 130 bus went from alderley edge straight to Macc bus station
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Jordan wrote:Used to watch Radcliffe Borough a lot when I was younger.
I used to play semi-pro for Radcliffe, but it was 1987/8/9 Shocked .

I'm from Radcliffe and live there for the first 28yrs of mi life (Cams Lane area) before movin to Bury with the Mrs......are you from that neck of the woods mate?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Moved to Holmes Chapel in 79 so only went to the odd few games after that.  Moved to that London in 87 and closest team there was original Wimbledon.  Went there quite a bit just for the crack when not playing football.  But I carried on playing Saturday Football into my early 30s.   Just old and FAT now though elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:17 pm

blisteringblue wrote:  But I carried on playing Saturday Football into my early 30s.   Just old and FAT now though elephant
With you there blisterin Very Happy
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Crickets easier to play when you're old and a chubster
Still play twice a week and I'm 46
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Mrs won't let me play cricket (I used to play on & off in mi younger days), apparently "it takes all day"......she obviously misses me.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Must've forgot to ask my mrs Very Happy
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:36 pm

I just play golf these days, that is about as active as it gets.

Mrs BB always reminds me golf is not a sport though :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Good walk spoiled?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:41 pm

shakencity wrote:

I'm from Radcliffe and live there for the first 28yrs of mi life (Cams Lane area) before movin to Bury with the Mrs......are you from that neck of the woods mate?
Radcliffe......shagged a great girl from Radcliffe.....must've been 88/89. She was very posh....worked with my best mate from Burnage. His then GF worked with them as well. As you do....night out, trying to fix up some rough arse Wythy lad with this posh bird.

Anyway, night in Manchester went well at Lloyd's and Brahms n List....I was staying at my mates parents house. We all walk his GF home, around the corner from his house....get back to his. She's supposed to be staying with her friend, but comes back with me.

After he goes to bed.....we're downstairs...and .......you know.......

I walk her home to her friends house....get back to my mates and go to sleep in his room.

Next morning.......I come down stairs for breakfast.......only to find that his old man had found her knickers behind 'his' cushion, on his favourite chair!

He holds them up in front of his wife, me, my mate, his sister and his younger brother....and asks "who's are these?"

Radcliffe.....happy days!!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:43 pm

blisteringblue wrote:I just play golf these days, that is about as active as it gets.

Jeez, i'm mirroring your sporting life blisterin.

Off to Spain golfin in the new year with the boys on our annual jaunt, can't bloody wait......got to be better than playin up at a freezing Rossendale Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Must've forgot to ask my mrs Very Happy
I'm sure you've said before...but who do you play for? I've mentioned that my lads play for Tattenhall CC..........I'd love to play again...been offered to, but just too busy.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Alderley edge
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Don't know why I just shared that 'blast from the past'.....but Radcliffe being mentioned made my fingers sweep across my keyboard...sorry guys.Embarassed
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:46 pm

She didn't sound too posh
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:47 pm

blueboy wrote:
shakencity wrote:

Radcliffe......shagged a great girl from Radcliffe.....must've been 88/89.

I've probably been there too Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:47 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Alderley edge
That's right. Is there still a travel agents above a shop on the high street there? Tony Francis owned it?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:51 pm

shakencity wrote:
blueboy wrote:
shakencity wrote:

Radcliffe......shagged a great girl from Radcliffe.....must've been 88/89.

I've probably been there too Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz ...very posh bird, freckles, long auburn hair...know her???Wink
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:58 pm

shakencity wrote:

Originally from New Moston, moved to Bury when I was about 13, now living in Prestwich. Only moved here last year but I'll be moving back to the city centre soon. You know, young bachelor and all that.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:She didn't sound too posh
She sounded posh......Wink
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Jordan wrote:
shakencity wrote:

Originally from New Moston, moved to Bury when I was about 13, now living in Prestwich. Only moved here last year but I'll be moving back to the city centre soon. You know, young bachelor and all that.
Back to the thread Jordan.....cricket, sexual exploits......or, my fault, 2nd teams you support? Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:05 pm

blueboy wrote:
Jordan wrote:
shakencity wrote:

Back to the thread Jordan.....cricket, sexual exploits......or, my fault, 2nd teams you support? Very Happy
I'm a single 25 year old hunk with a great beard....

I wouldn't have time to thread my exploits.. Wink
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:08 pm

blueboy wrote:
Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Alderley edge
That's right. Is there still a travel agents above a shop on the high street there? Tony Francis owned it?
No idea,never noticed
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Oldham and Bury were the nearest to local teams where I grew up in Middleton, so I always look to see how they are doing. Now my local team is Partick Thistle so I have a soft spot for them rather than the old firm, can't be bothered with their baggage really.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:24 pm

ManCityMan wrote:Oldham and Bury were the nearest to local teams where I grew up in Middleton, so I always look to see how they are doing. Now my local team is Partick Thistle so I have a soft spot for them rather than the old firm, can't be bothered with their baggage really.
That's all well and good but who did you shag in Radcliffe MCM?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:
ManCityMan wrote:Oldham and Bury were the nearest to local teams where I grew up in Middleton, so I always look to see how they are doing. Now my local team is Partick Thistle so I have a soft spot for them rather than the old firm, can't be bothered with their baggage really.
That's all well and good but who did you shag in Radcliffe MCM?
Fuck off.....Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:34 pm

None in Radcliffe but does Ramsbottom count? Very Happy
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:47 pm

A rams bottom
Dirty fecker. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Paulpowersleftfoot on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:49 pm

ManCityMan wrote:None in Radcliffe but does Ramsbottom count?

Of COURSE!!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Christ, I go away for a couple of hours and a perfectly innocent thread turns into a smutfest Shocked 

Anwyay, I've always kept a keen eye on Oldham.  I was born and raised there, which isn't the reason in itself, but I did have a mate who supported them and I used to go to matches with him back in the late 80s.  I went all the way to Wembley with them to watch the ill-fated League Cup final against Forest, but the weirdest was the FA Cup semi at Maine Road, the only time I went there to not watch City!  The last Latics match I saw was the friendly we played against them last season, but the last competitive match was the last game of the 89/90 season when they were promoted as second division champions.  Most likely something Wensdi won't appreciate very much!

And yet, very weirdly, I also have a bit of a soft for Wednesday, having lived in Sheffield for a few years as a student.  I shared a house with an Owl for two years and he HATED the Blades.  I told him I was a City fan and his response was class:  "Well, that's two of us that hate fookin' United then!"
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Sorry ADMIN......my fault. Got carried away with memories of Radcliffe...then it all went a bit pear-shaped!!Embarassed
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:17 pm

Leicester nowadays due to the father in law! Been to a few games over the last couple of years. Tell you what, Kasper Schmeichel is a bloody good keeper now
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:19 pm

meltonblue wrote:Leicester nowadays due to the father in law! Been to a few games over the last couple of years. Tell you what, Kasper Schmeichel is a bloody good keeper now
Does he have a GF from Radcliffe? .....stop it.....Crying or Very sad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:19 pm

blueboy wrote:Sorry ADMIN......my fault. Got carried away with memories of Radcliffe...then it all went a bit pear-shaped!!Embarassed
You're lucky, i get reminded of them everytime I go for drink in Bury Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:20 pm

blueboy wrote:Sorry ADMIN......my fault. Got carried away with memories of Radcliffe...then it all went a bit pear-shaped!!Embarassed
Ah, you weren't the only one.  And I'm only jealous, the only thing I ever got in Radcliffe was lost.

Although my old school is called Radclyffe.  Never shagged anyone there either, mind. No
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:20 pm

Typical....he'll go on to be one of the best around....and sign for the rags.....Evil or Very Mad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:21 pm

meltonblue wrote:Leicester nowadays due to the father in law! Been to a few games over the last couple of years. Tell you what, Kasper Schmeichel is a bloody good keeper now
Bury reject Razz
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:27 pm

shakencity wrote:
Bury reject Razz
Now you are clutching at straws!!Evil or Very Mad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Well, my footy is over for a few weeks after knackering the old adducter tonight.

How did the story finish Bluey???
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:13 pm

I ate breakfast with the whole family with her knickers draped across my shoulder.....didn't dare move them after his dad put them there....he wasn't the kind of guy I wanted to upset as an 18 yr old.....just had to sit there with them smirking at me....whilst I ate my Cornflakes.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:57 am

For 2 bob - bet nobody knows who I support...................
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next