Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team?

+8
meltonblue
leopold
ManCityMan
Jordan
Topdawg
Paulpowersleftfoot
shakencity
blueboy
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? - Page 2 Empty In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team?

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

They can be a lower division team you follow, non-league, a team you liked when you were pre-City......whatever the reason. But add why you follow them or their results.

Obviously we have Wensdi and Shaken with SW and Bury...but why?

ME - 2 teams really.....I always look out for Ross County and East Fife.

Now.....East Fife. Remember those scratch off football cards that the pubs/legions etc use to pop round on an evening, Sunday etc....my old Nan used to always get me to write her name - Edith, on East Fife...she was Scottish.....and a lucky bugger.

Ross County - in the mid 90's, a few friends from my local pub (Robin Hood) in Hazel Grove, used to have a place near their ground....and I took a then GF up there to stay. We went to watch a match and there must have been 250 people there...but the banter in the pub afterwards was brilliant....and from then on....they've always been my second team....and look where they are now!!!!cheers
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? - Page 2 Empty Re: In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team?

Post by Wensdi Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:57 am

For 2 bob - bet nobody knows who I support...................

Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team? - Page 2 Empty Re: In Shaken's Honour.....Who is your 2nd team?

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:06 am

Sheff Utd affraid
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:14 am

All those boxes inside boxes have confused the hell out of me!
Never shagged anyone posh, they don't exist in my circle.
As for the original question, my 'other' two teams are Gillingham and Alloa (like Shaken).
Gillingham, because my old fella used to take me as a kid (didn't miss a home game in 74, 75 & 76), even though he's a Notts County fan himself. It was a 30 minute drive away, so closest 'big' club!
I remember people around me thinking I was odd because I got so excited about seeing Alan Oakes playing there for Chester in 76.
But none of that meant a thing at Wembley in the play off final, I just wanted to stuff them. Incidentally, I missed both our goals that day, as I was so distraught thinking that we'd lost I was just sat with my head in my hands. Even when we got one back and everyone around me started celebrating I still thought it was too late to save it, and still couldn't look up. Years later I bumped into a Gills fan that I used to live near, and he told me that his most abiding memory of that game was of looking over at us celebrating as he walked out and seeing me in the middle standing on my seat gesticulating at them rather unpleasantly! I know that's not the done thing, but they'd been giving us a dog's abuse from the moment they took the lead.
Still makes me laugh to think of all the lads around us that had left early and we're piling back in for extra time!
As for Alloa, well when I was younger we all had a Scottish team, and as everyone was either Rangers or Celtic (mostly Rangers), I just wanted something more exotic. And to me Alloa sounded exotic! I bet that's never been said before.
It's on my bucket list to go to an Alloa home game. And I bet that's never been said before either!
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:29 am

titbumwilly wrote:
It's on my bucket list to go to an Alloa home game. And I bet that's never been said before either!
Mine too tbw, went upto Edinburgh for new yrs a few years ago and asked the Mrs if we could bob over to Alloa for the day (she knew i'd always wanted to go)....but she just wasn't entertainin the idea.
One day my good friend, one day! Smile
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:30 am

Why not organise a Bleumoon 606 Alloa trip weekend???
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:42 am

Only Alloa trip I'd be doing is Hawaii
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:48 am

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Only Alloa trip I'd be doing is Hawaii
Very good Rich Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:55 am

shakencity wrote:Jeez, i'm mirroring your sporting life blisterin.

Off to Spain golfin in the new year with the boys on our annual jaunt, can't bloody wait......got to be better than playin up at a freezing Rossendale Laughing
Lol, our lads weekend is always in UK in July, I say lads, I'm the youngest at 45.  Been going 25 years though so we were lads once.

Playing off 13 handicap myself, how about yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:15 am

19.3 at the minute but i don't play often enough to get it down. Played at the weekend at Rossendale and shot 93 (which is about my average), but that was my first game for 7wks. I'll probably be playin off 20 by the time we go though....can't see it stayin at 19 tbh.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 pm

well after reading that lot i'm  glad I missed out coming or going from Radcliffe. but an 88/89 yr old blue that is desperate????

back to the thread my soft spot was for Brighton & Hove Albion as that is where I was born & bred. Worst time of my life was when they were promoted to the old English 1st division. I went to watch them play City and they actually won 4-0 Jeff Clarke scored all 4 I believe I was gutted as it was the only game of the season I really wanted them to lose & the only real chance I had of watching City in those days.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Bury's my 2nd team as I used to live there & watch them every other weekend as a boy. Have a soft spot for Newcastle as well as I was a student up there for 4 years, love the Geordies & their club has been through decades of misery like ours
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Topdawg wrote:Why not organise a Bleumoon 606 Alloa trip weekend???
I'd love a cheeky 606Bluemoon trip. Can we invite ONH?
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:38 pm

If OleNobHead's going, count me in!
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:41 pm

Trip up to Leicester for the cup game to meet up with Melton would be good
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:26 pm

All for that Paul!
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:00 pm

Tickets aren't out yet 
Do you want me to get you some tickets?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Sheffield United? 

crap, beaten to it. It was a bit obvious though lol
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:54 pm

I'm seeing my father in law so I'll check, don't particularly want to be in the leicester end so I may well take you up on that! When do they go on sale?
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Leicester City v Manchester City 
Tuesday 17th December 2013
Kick off – 7.45pm

The club has received an allocation of 4,600 tickets priced as follows:

£20.00 Adults

£15.00 Over 65s 

£15.00 Under 22s

£10.00 Under 18s

£5.00 Under 12s

£1.00 Under 8s 

£20.00 Wheelchair/walking ambulant plus free assistant

All tickets are sold subject to availability. Tickets cannot be returned in the last week of sale.

Tickets will be available online at [ltr]www.mcfc.co.uk/tickets[/ltr], by telephone on [url=tel:0161 444 1894][ltr]0161 444 1894[/ltr][/url](option 1, option 1, option 2)* and to personal callers at the ticket office above the City Store at the Etihad Stadium for supporters that meet the following criteria;

2013/14 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the League Cup Scheme with 10,000 or more loyalty points – Wednesday 20th November at 9am
2013/14 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the League Cup Scheme with 8,500 or more loyalty points – Thursday 21st November at 9am
2013/14 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the League Cup Scheme with 7,500 or more loyalty points – Friday 22nd November at 9am
2013/14 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the League Cup Scheme with 6,500 or more loyalty points – Saturday 23rd November at 9am
2013/14 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the League Cup Scheme with 5,500 or more loyalty points – Monday 25th November at 9am
2013/14 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the League Cup Scheme with 4,000 or more loyalty points – Tuesday 26th November at 9am
Any 2013/14 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the League Cup Scheme – Wednesday 27th November at 9am
*Tickets purchased over the telephone will be subject to a £2.50 booking fee per ticket. Phone lines are open 24-hours, 7 days a week. No booking fee payable on tickets purchased online.
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2