Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Boot on the other foot EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Boot on the other foot EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Boot on the other foot EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Boot on the other foot EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Boot on the other foot EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Boot on the other foot EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Boot on the other foot EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Boot on the other foot EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Boot on the other foot EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Boot on the other foot EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Boot on the other foot

4 posters

Go down

Boot on the other foot Empty Boot on the other foot

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:20 pm

http://shewore.com/2013/11/12/man-city-away-ticket-pricing-scandal/

Man City Away – Ticket Pricing Scandal

23 Replies

So the news out today is that we are being charged a massive £58 to go Manchester City for the away game on 14th December. I don’t think any of us are really surprised at this but the whole away ticket issue has been on the forefront lately and it’s getting worse. We charged City £62 last season I believe which is just a colossal amount for an away fan to have to pay. Our club is just as bad and are not helping the situation.
Boot on the other foot Croppedimage563199-AWAY-FANS-MATTER6
It’s got to take us fans doing something to stop this happening. We need to change the thinking of clubs on the away fan ticket price otherwise where does it stop? Before long you will have spent £200 before even walking out the door on match tickets and trains. With you having to drink and eat when at the game the average fan will not be able to afford the away trips any more. The problem is that when you raise the issue of fans not going to the games and not buying their ticket their response is always the same, if I don’t go someone else will. I understand this and they are right but the only way we can send a message is to vote with our feet and not go to the game. Make sure our away attendance at this game is one of our lowest ever and then people will realise.
Boot on the other foot Fans%20hold%20a%20banner%20in%20the%20stands%20relating%20to%20the%20price%20of%20tickets-1533989
Our own club hasn’t helped this situation and in fact we have probably inflamed it with the introduction of categorised games. The class A games are the most expensive in the league and whilst I don’t agree with the prices we charge, what we make our own fans cough up is our own business. This should not interfere with the price we charge away fans, and in fact I believe there should be no difference throughout the league on what away fans are charged. All clubs should charge the away fans the same price, £30/35 at a maximum.
Its happening throughout the league, not just with the so called big clubs like City and ourselves, Norwich charged Arsenal fans double the amount we made their fans pay at our ground. The so called smaller clubs see a cash cow when the big teams roll into town and they know they can charge what they like, as our excellent away fans will pay it and be there regardless.
I know I’m asking for a lot on this and it will probably fall on deaf ears but I encourage all Arsenal fans to not go to the City game, go down the pub with your mates and put £58 into the whip instead, have a few beers and a laugh with your pals in the boozer rather than line the Sheikhs pocket even more.
Boot on the other foot Eastlands_East_Stand
How they can charge that much when they have one of the richest men in the world who owns their club, not only that but their ground was free and given to them by the council! At least we had to pay for ours out of our own pockets!
Clubs need to follow the lead of Newcastle, Swansea, West Brom, Hull and Palace who have all entered into pricing agreements with each other to ensure away fans do not get charged over the odds. Fans of both clubs will pay the same amount when visiting each other which is a perfect idea. Have a look into this here. Hopefully other clubs take note of this and follow suit.
Have a look at these guys as well, trying to change things for the better
Boot on the other foot TPnLUqThiOLQpXr-556x313-noPad

Don't remember the cheeky bastards being too sympathetic when we paid £62 last season
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Boot on the other foot Empty Re: Boot on the other foot

Post by leopold Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:21 pm

I agree that away fans are massively overcharged for some games and the author has the right idea, but having sly digs at us isn't the way forward.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:02 pm

Fuck it....I say make the tickets for this game £100.....they're used to having to pay £800-1000 for a season ticket.....

Why give their players any encouragement by having 4000 soft southern wankers in our stadium?

They've got a fucking cheek to make an example out of us after what they charged our fans!!

Like Wenger Like fans....hypocritical wankers.

Though I do agree that prices are ridiculous...to use us a battering ram when they charge their own fans the most in the PL....Evil or Very Mad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:16 pm

£100 for away fans is good and bad. bad as it's too much but good as we may be able to find some space for more of our own fans.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink 
Topdawg wrote:£100 for away fans is good and bad. bad as it's too much but good as we may be able to find some space for more of our own fans.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down