Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
City ground expansion plans submitted to council EmptyToday at 1:00 pm by titbumwilly

» Pep’s at it again
City ground expansion plans submitted to council EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
City ground expansion plans submitted to council EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
City ground expansion plans submitted to council EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
City ground expansion plans submitted to council EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
City ground expansion plans submitted to council EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
City ground expansion plans submitted to council EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
City ground expansion plans submitted to council EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
City ground expansion plans submitted to council EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
City ground expansion plans submitted to council EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City ground expansion plans submitted to council

4 posters

Go down

City ground expansion plans submitted to council Empty City ground expansion plans submitted to council

Post by Topdawg Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Looks like definitely going for 6,250 on South stand and 2,000 pitchside with option of 6,250 on North stand.

56k capacity with option of up to 62k.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-citys-etihad-expansion-plans-6367216

Last edited by Topdawg on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

City ground expansion plans submitted to council Empty Re: City ground expansion plans submitted to council

Post by shakencity Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Stick a link on please Dawg

Cheers
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

City ground expansion plans submitted to council Empty Re: City ground expansion plans submitted to council

Post by leopold Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:25 am

I take it we'll still be paying the council for every seat over the original capacity that we sell?  I dare say they'd not think about this for very long, especially since it's in a massive redevelopment location with no houses close enough to be impacted.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:26 am

Really hope North and South stands are built concurrently, as i want to go in the North stand....although being near the away fans in the South could be fun Laughing Laughing .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:12 am

We don't have to pay the council ay extra as I think we re-negotiated the deal a couple of years back
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:28 pm

No impact on Housing? Wont the extra traffic in the area have some impact on the local residential area Leo?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:49 pm

Not so much, no.  Almost all of the streets are under a residential parking order so you either have to park on one of the rare unrestricted streets (which is pretty much Clayton Lane, Ashton New Road or miles away), or you go to one of the car parks, which are spread out and not exactly huge, apart from City's own or the Velodrome.

The traffic coming to and from would be an issue, but the main roads are pretty traffic filled and not much in the way of residences.  People using the rat-runs would add to issues, but I don't think it'd be that much worse than it is now.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:19 am

Not been officially released yet, but permission has been granted and the South Stand is to be built first.
Only this Stand is to be built (to begin with), as the club feel too much disruption will be caused if both were to be built concurrently......well, that's what the club say anyway, i think it's more likely to be with demand myself.

My only fear with this is, if for whatever reason things tail of in the coming few years the North Stand probably won't get built and we'll subsequently have a pretty funny looking stadium forever.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:30 am

This is most likely demand led as you say Den. I can't honestly see us going from 48k and filling 62k straight away. The club has a good idea on the demand side of things. They know how many people are on the seasoncard waiting list and how many of those buy tickets for matches when they go on general sale.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:27 am

shakencity wrote:My only fear with this is, if for whatever reason things tail of in the coming few years the North Stand probably won't get built and we'll subsequently have a pretty funny looking stadium forever.
It wouldn't be the first time. Remember Maine Road? We had a collapsing Platt Lane and that ridiculous oversized Kippax in the end. And look at poor old Oxford United, one end of their stadium is completely missing!

Hopefully things won't tail off. I hope the raggies go into decline, we go on to be massively successful in the next ten years and have a fully completed stadium.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:46 am

leopold wrote:Remember Maine Road?  We had a collapsing Platt Lane and that ridiculous oversized Kippax in the end.  And look at poor old Oxford United, one end of their stadium is completely missing!

Hopefully things won't tail off.  I hope the raggies go into decline, we go on to be massively successful in the next ten years and have a fully completed stadium.

Yeah, fingers crossed.

Oxford ran out of money, don't think City have that excuse  Wink .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:04 am

City could just build them together as money is no object and the spend on infrastructure doesn't affect financial fair play.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:18 am

http://stadiumdb.com/pictures/historical/eng/maine_road/maine_road07.jpg

What do you mean oversized Kippax leo, i thought it blended in nicely  Wink .

ps. Couldn't copy n paste the picture for some reason.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Website probably blocks it, your link didn't work either.

I still don't understand how a three tier stand that size only seated 10,000 people, though. If we'd been able to follow up on the complete design, we'd have been at 30,000, making it smaller than it was when it closed. What was the point of that???
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:25 pm

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/37/Maine_road_aerial_image.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alscot1/images/maine2.jpg

Wierd that leo, as it doesn't work on mine now (it did earlier)....try these.

The new 3 tier Kippax help just shy of 14,000 replacing the 18,300 terracing.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down