Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Roberto and Barry EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Roberto and Barry EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Roberto and Barry EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Roberto and Barry EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Roberto and Barry EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Roberto and Barry EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Roberto and Barry EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Roberto and Barry EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Roberto and Barry EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Roberto and Barry EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Roberto and Barry

+4
Topdawg
leopold
shakencity
Wensdi
8 posters

Go down

Roberto and Barry Empty Roberto and Barry

Post by Wensdi Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:34 am

It was very astute of Martinez to sign Barry on loan from us.  Just can't believe the difference between Barry and Garcia.  Barry was immense for Everton today - it's just a shame he wasn't prepared to play a bit part for us.  There's no comparison between him and Garcia for me.  I bet those Toffees' are appreciating his work rate and his footballing awareness.  McCarthy has also slotted in nicely for RM too.  He's got Everton playing much better footie - using the midfield more.  Well done Roberto - I always rated you as a manager and glad you got the chance to prove yourself after Wigan.

I also thought that Owen Coyle wouldn't cut it at Wigan.  He is the antithesis of RM - couldn't have been a worse choice.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Roberto and Barry Empty Re: Roberto and Barry

Post by shakencity Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:29 am

No doubt about it, Everton totally outplayed Arsenal yesterday and it would have been a travesty if they'd have lost.
Barry did what Barry does, nothing extravagant, just the simple but effective things......but we have to respect his wishes and move on. I personally didn't think McCarthy was that good but the team as a whole played really well.

Martinez was a very smart move for Everton, pretty much guarantee the Toffee fans are feeling a hell of a lot better than their Rag counterparts over their new appointments.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:07 am

I thought Barry was more than willing to play a role for us?  I even seem to remember reading an article about how he'd take a pay cut to stay.  Maybe I'm imagining it.

But I do agree Barry could still have done a job for us.  He'd have been some steel in midfield.  He'd certainly be better than Garcia.  Mind, a traffic cone in a City shirt would be better than Garcia.

It was only a matter of time before Coyle got the bullet at Wigan.  He really is a piss poor manager.  Made Gary Megson look effective!!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:12 am

I think Barry was told that his game time would be limited. He was behind Yaya and Fernandinho and maybe even Garcia. City couldn't keep Garcia and Barry for wages reasons I think so they had to let one go.

Being behind Garcia would have made anyone want to leave.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:05 pm

The only thing that should be behind Garcia is his career at City  Twisted Evil
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:07 pm

The only thing that should be behind Garcia is the 'EXIT' door hitting him in the arse!!
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:18 pm

IMO Barry has not had one bad game for Everton this season,his move and DeJongs move were real pieces of vivid imagination on someones part.One good ting that is coming out of it though is,Fernandhino is coming good and starting to look the part Razz  Razz

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Apart from Saturday, when he and Yaya were awful.

Yeah, Barry was immense against Arsenal.....

This all comes back to my initial moan at the start of the season....Fernandinho has got better each week....but at a massive price tag...and Barry has been as, if not more consistent all season.

It does make you wonder who makes these decisions....Marwood?

And before anyone has a go....I've posted several times, that I think Fernandinho has played well in certain games, so I'm not knocking him, just his price tag.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:42 pm

blueboy wrote:This all comes back to my initial moan at the start of the season....Fernandinho has got better each week....but at a massive price tag...and Barry has been as, if not more consistent all season.
And this is the issue, really.  As good as Ferd is getting, he's never going to hit that £30m ticket because that's still the upper echelons of quality attacking midfielder or centre forward, not a defensive player.  And for every game Barry does a great job, it detracts from any steps forward Ferd makes.

Odds are he's going to get better and Barry is going to tail off, but this isn't the season where that'll happen.  Which makes it all the more annoying that, not only did we flirt Barry off to Everton, but we're now using the disastrous Garcia instead.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:08 pm

leopold wrote:
blueboy wrote:This all comes back to my initial moan at the start of the season....Fernandinho has got better each week....but at a massive price tag...and Barry has been as, if not more consistent all season.
And this is the issue, really.  As good as Ferd is getting, he's never going to hit that £30m ticket because that's still the upper echelons of quality attacking midfielder or centre forward, not a defensive player.  And for every game Barry does a great job, it detracts from any steps forward Ferd makes.

Odds are he's going to get better and Barry is going to tail off, but this isn't the season where that'll happen.  Which makes it all the more annoying that, not only did we flirt Barry off to Everton, but we're now using the disastrous Garcia instead.

Leo........you only have to look at it this season........Garcia or Barry? £m's spent on a complete wanker...yet we let go of a player now putting in some of the best MF performances.....well done GB....fuck off JG!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:21 pm

At his age and his wage, have to say I'm happy with what we paid for fernandinho and he looks worth it more and more every week. Remember, he was willing to do a lot to enable the move to happen.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:41 pm

meltonblue wrote:At his age and his wage, have to say I'm happy with what we paid for fernandinho and he looks worth it more and more every week. Remember, he was willing to do a lot to enable the move to happen.

I'd be happy to give up £4m for £4m PA in wages and a 5 year contract!!

He's NEVER, EVER, looked worth £30m Melton....NEVER.

He's been solid in numerous games this season, but has looked shite in others....Saturday being one of them. For £30m, I want 95/100 every single week.....sorry mate, but completely disagree with your comment.

He's done absolutely no more than Barry or DeJong did for us...he's even had 3 or 4 shot inside the area and managed to blast wide or over, every single one of them!

I'm happy to give him time.....but he'll NEVER be a £30m player.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:17 pm

I'm not sure what money he's on, but we have shipped several high earners out recently (Tevez and Balotelli spring to mind) and have bought guys on much lower wages (I bet we are saving more than £12M a year in wages by swapping those two for Negredo and Jovetic).
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Topdawg wrote:I'm not sure what money he's on, but we have shipped several high earners out recently (Tevez and Balotelli spring to mind) and have bought guys on much lower wages (I bet we are saving more than £12M a year in wages by swapping those two for Negredo and Jovetic).
If we're shellin out £30m on him, he ain't gonna be on peanuts.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:44 pm

There is not a chance Barry or De Jong could do the role Fernandinho does for us now as neither of them suit the high press, they never have done (and I loved both of them). Most of our counter attacks this season, watch what they stem from - a lot of the time, it is a pass from him. Not only that, but he is covering a lot of Toure's defensive duties due to him ambling back to his position at times - and Saturday was a prime example of that. 

The issue we have currently is half of our team suit the new tactics, the other half are either still learning it or simply don't. It's going to take a couple more windows, so next season, before we have the team with the proper balance and strength in depth to play the style we really want to in the future. I guarantee that Fernandinho will be part of that though.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Who do you think suit the tactics already, who will eventually and who won't and will be shipped out?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:15 am

I'll reply better later dawg, the two most obvious are Lescott and Dzeko. We need better strength in depth in terms of people capable of playing the high press when we lose the ball.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down