Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Young English talent, should we buy in? EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Young English talent, should we buy in? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Young English talent, should we buy in? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Young English talent, should we buy in? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Young English talent, should we buy in? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Young English talent, should we buy in? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Young English talent, should we buy in? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Young English talent, should we buy in? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Young English talent, should we buy in? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Young English talent, should we buy in? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Young English talent, should we buy in?

3 posters

Go down

Young English talent, should we buy in? Empty Young English talent, should we buy in?

Post by Topdawg Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:23 am

We've seen some good performances from young English players this weekend, Shaw and Barkley in particular.

Which young players have caught your eye and should we be in for them?

I can't see either of these kids costing more than £15M (less than Garcia!) and I'd be interested in both of them.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Young English talent, should we buy in? Empty Re: Young English talent, should we buy in?

Post by leopold Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:03 pm

I agree with you on principle, but if they're getting first team action now, we'd need to make sure we're not just stockpiling or we'll be no better than Chelski.

I think Shaw should get a start, he's looking better than either LB we have.  As for Barkley, hard to say, would he start over Nasri, Silva or Navas?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Young English talent, should we buy in? Empty Re: Young English talent, should we buy in?

Post by blueboy Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Barkley looks like he has potential, but even Toffee friends of mine say he runs with the ball too much. This will no doubt be alleviated with age and experience and he does look a talent - but ahead of Nasri, Yaya or Silva in that central role? No at the moment...but another year or two...maybe.

Shaw - agree, would slot right in at LB.

If we were to go 'young, English talent'...can't think of any other player than Shaw that would get in our starting 11.

Another for the next 12 months would be Tom Ince.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:35 pm

However, from our EDS team, we should be giving the likes of Rusnak, Lopez, Hiwula and Pozo some game time in the Cups.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:40 pm

The further we get in the cups, the more difficult it would be to play more kids. We want trophies and we also need the money that any competition offers us. Even the holistic approach won't get kids into the team in the latter rounds.

Shaw would get into our team but Barkley needs more playing time elsewhere before he is good enough. Yaya, Fernandinho, Nasri, Silva aint going anywhere in a hurry.

I'd be agreeable to buy him at the end of the season and loan him back to Everton for 12 months. By that time, Yaya and Fernandinho will be knocking on (not too old) and he'll get some decent action (if he's good enough).
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down