Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
City aiming to scoop up young english talent EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
City aiming to scoop up young english talent EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
City aiming to scoop up young english talent EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
City aiming to scoop up young english talent EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
City aiming to scoop up young english talent EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
City aiming to scoop up young english talent EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
City aiming to scoop up young english talent EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
City aiming to scoop up young english talent EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
City aiming to scoop up young english talent EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
City aiming to scoop up young english talent EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City aiming to scoop up young english talent

4 posters

Go down

City aiming to scoop up young english talent Empty City aiming to scoop up young english talent

Post by Topdawg Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:18 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2188407/Manchester-City-aim-sign-English-talent-Scott-Sinclair-Jack-Butland-Steven-Caulker.html

With talk of city chasing young english talent such as sinclair, butland, caulker and redmond, i think it's a great idea to help bring sustainability to the club as well as that core of english players.

most of these players would cost £5M-£10M and their wages wouldn't need to be sky high. spuds have a ceiling of £40K per week, so i'd guess caulker is on less than £20k per week. redmond may 'only' be on £10k per week at birmingham. i'm sure these players would jump at the opportunity to play for city and £40k per week would satisfy their financial appetite.

good strategy? i really think so.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

City aiming to scoop up young english talent Empty Re: City aiming to scoop up young english talent

Post by ManCityMan Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:43 pm

Its ok in theory but are these young players going to get much game time with us? They would surely prefer to go to another PL team and get regular first team football. Butland would be about 4th choice keeper, Sinclair, Redmond? can't see it when we have our own academy players trying to force their way in as well, its a bit unfair on them.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

City aiming to scoop up young english talent Empty Re: City aiming to scoop up young english talent

Post by Topdawg Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:51 pm

it'll create immense competition amongst the younger players. if you're good enough, you'll make it.

there is the risk that we let someone go and they make it elsewhere, just because they are unhappy they couldn't break through at city.

if we have enough quality youngsters in the pool, we are going to find a few real diamonds. that's how i'm looking at it.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:31 pm

I suppose there is no real downside as the young players do not count in the 25 squad players .
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:15 pm

I don't know about this... Not giving our youth a chance to break into the team (how many times do we have to loan out Weiss and Guidetti??) and then splashing cash on bringing kids in. Yes, I know youth is a good policy, but why we can't use our own is a mystery.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:11 pm

weiss wasn't good enough. not sure about guidetti, would like hm to be given a chance or loaned out to a prem club
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Judging how well the City contingent did for England at the Euro's, I'd say it might just do the national team some good!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down