Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

Paulpowersleftfoot

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Swansea vs City.....who would you pick? EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Swansea vs City.....who would you pick? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Swansea vs City.....who would you pick? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Swansea vs City.....who would you pick? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Swansea vs City.....who would you pick? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Swansea vs City.....who would you pick? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Swansea vs City.....who would you pick? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Swansea vs City.....who would you pick? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Swansea vs City.....who would you pick? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Swansea vs City.....who would you pick? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Swansea vs City.....who would you pick?

+4
titbumwilly
Paulpowersleftfoot
blueboy
Topdawg
8 posters

Go down

Swansea vs City.....who would you pick? Empty Swansea vs City.....who would you pick?

Post by Topdawg Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:16 am

Hart
Zabba, Kompany, Nasty, Kolarov
Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell
Navas, Nasri
Negredo

Without Silva and Milner, we have an even tougher assignment. I'll take a draw now thanks.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Swansea vs City.....who would you pick? Empty Re: Swansea vs City.....who would you pick?

Post by blueboy Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:32 am

I'd be happy with that team. No real choice now though!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Swansea vs City.....who would you pick? Empty Re: Swansea vs City.....who would you pick?

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:39 am

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Clichy 
Fernandinho Rodwell 
Navas Yaya Nasri
Negredo 

Would be my pick

Last edited by Paulpowersleftfoot on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:45 am

Swansea yesterday at villa had 73% possession
I would expect them to dominate the play against us so packing the midfield and looking to play quickly on the counterattack is probably the way to go?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:03 am

I agree PPLF. That's why I'd only have one up top and use Yaya, Fernandinho and Rodwell to make runs forwards. Navas will have to d more with the ball than he usually does and Nasri would have to be a bit quicker playing the ball.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:16 am

I'm confident of an assured performance at Swansea. The Palace game will ensure that complacency won't be an issue (please)!
Swansea put a lot of effort into their last performance, so with their limited squad I'm hopeful that that exertion will catch up with them at some point during the game.
A two goal margin of victory - fact.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:59 pm

I have to agree with pauls choice as I prefer Lescott partnering Vinnie. Nastacic almost gave me heart failure on Saturday with some of his decisions & distribution.

As I have stated in the past Lezzas distribution has improved 10 fold this season & he is solid in the tackle good in the air his only real problem is his lack of pace.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Nah....Nasty over Lezza every time for me. His passing is on a par with Lezza...his defending and pace far outweighs Lezza's.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Big problem for Nastasic is he makes rash challenges on the edge of the box far too often
Jolean every day for me
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:03 pm

We won the league with Vinnie and Lescott, that should be the default partnership at the moment.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:35 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:I would expect them to dominate the play against us so packing the midfield and looking to play quickly on the counterattack is probably the way to go?
Agree.

As for who I'd pick... NOT FUCKING GARCIA! Anyone else is fine, apart from starting Dzeko. Stick Navas and Kolarov on the wings, Nedge up front and Nasri in the centre, should do us for hitting them on the break.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:26 pm

MP will go for
Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Kolorov 
Fernandinho  
Navas Yaya Nasri
Negredo Dzeko 

Cant see Rodwell gettin a start
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:51 am

TEAM NEWS: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Negredo, Dzeko

TMG nearly spot on
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:52 am

Best team available, just watching us win the prem too good omens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:28 pm

Dzeko the ultimate move killer! I've got a better 1st touch and I was a goalkeeper! Cancels the beast out too. Being Rodwell on and lose dzeko

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:42 pm

Navas and Nasri have played well....Yaya, awful again.

I thought Dzeko was putting himself about really well...but his touch once again...piss poor.

I'd bring Milner on for Dzeko....maybe Rodwell for Yaya at some point if he doesn't pull his finger out.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:43 pm

It's this usual MP arrogance though, out and out attack, sometimes defensive is not a bad thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Not fucking Garcia please

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Wot the fuck
Garcia for Negredo ?????
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:13 pm

Let's see the press crucify their keeper, oh no not going to happen.

See it out now, ugly one to bed please

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:35 pm

O FFS Never easy is it !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Knackered my prediction score that! Happy with that though, we can win ugly away

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Thought Navas was MOM...his work rate today was very impressive.

Less said about Garcia the better.

Negredo wasn't his best today, thought Dzeko worked harder for the team...but his touch!  Rolling Eyes 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:02 pm

Very good 3 points away from home Should have been more comfortable than it was though
Thought Dzeko played pretty well for him. Seemed a bit more interested in playing for the team
Negredo was disappointing. He needs Aguero back as do we all
Cracking goal from Kolarov. He has improved on last season but he still can't defend for toffee
Hopefully all our rivals cant possibly win like they did last time out

Last edited by TMG on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:51 pm

I actually thought Kolarovs defending was pretty good today a few times routledge went down the outside but Kolarov was able to usher him there then stick out the leg to cut out the cross. I actually had him as my man of the match with navas a close second. Also agree Dzeko looked a bit more up for it today. Just wish he would get on with the game instead of appealing for free kicks when it is obvious the ref is not interested.

Speaking of which I really thought Phil Dowd was piss poor.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:21 am

MP only played Garcia so that YaYa could push forward more - Bony Maroney's goal was incredible really - can't blame Garcia or Kolarov for that one - LOL.  Think MP had a different plan than you guys thought obviously - and it worked.  We missed Mr. Creative - and his sidekick - Negredo plays well with Aguero and Silva plays well with YaYa.  Good result regardless of that last wonder goal from Swansea.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:12 am

We took all three points from the Liberty, and the first time in three decades we've won in Swansea too.  Happy with that!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down