Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Fernandinho might play against Barca EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Fernandinho might play against Barca EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Fernandinho might play against Barca EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Fernandinho might play against Barca EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Fernandinho might play against Barca EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Fernandinho might play against Barca EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Fernandinho might play against Barca EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Fernandinho might play against Barca EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Fernandinho might play against Barca EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Fernandinho might play against Barca EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Fernandinho might play against Barca

5 posters

Go down

Fernandinho might play against Barca Empty Fernandinho might play against Barca

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:14 am

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manuel-pellegrini-fernandinho-chance-being-6714782

“Fernandinho? Maybe if he worked yesterday [Sunday] with no problem and today he is 100 per cent fit - and if he does not have any fear about his injury - we will see if he can play.
“They have to be 100 per cent. if there is any risk of them being injured again, they won’t play. We will talk to the doctor and see what happens.”
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Fernandinho might play against Barca Empty Re: Fernandinho might play against Barca

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:21 am

I think they need to prioritise what is the most important. If the CL is more important to City, then it's worth risking Sergio and Fernando.
If the PL and a trophy is the main aim, why even bother risking them?

For me the priority should be in this order:

PL
Cap Cup... as we are in the final.
FA Cup....as we have a great draw in the QF
CL....would be great, but to get out of the group has been a step forward ... we 're not ready to win it yet with our defence .

Rumour is that The a Sheikh could be there for the Barca game ...so you can see the temptation .
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Fernandinho might play against Barca Empty Re: Fernandinho might play against Barca

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:25 am

I believe the CL is the priority but I wouldn't want to risk Aguero at all. I'll be happy with Negredo up top on his own with either Jovetic or Silva behind him.

Will Nasri start or will it be another cameo from him?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:36 am

Sergio should be left to recover fully.....let's have him fully fit for the return leg.

Fernandinho, should be given a starting berth if fit and maybe replaced with Garcia in the 2nd half....never thought i'd say that. Yaya NEEDS to get forward in this game, to give us that chance of a lead going into the 2nd leg.
Nasri will get 30 minutes in the 2nd half imo....possibly for Navas.

I presume Negredo was rested for this game, so i agree Dawg, play him up top with Jovetic/Silva tucked in behind to help him.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:02 am

Topdawg wrote:I believe the CL is the priority but I wouldn't want to risk Aguero at all. I'll be happy with Negredo up top on his own with either Jovetic or Silva behind him.

Will Nasri start or will it be another cameo from him?

Really? The CL is so difficult to win.
I don't see us being ready yet....this is the first year we've got out of the group stages, so to be strong enough to go on and win it, when we are battling on 3 other fronts, would amount to something incredible. Can't see it.

Against Barca, what we MUST do is exploit them on the counter with pace. We all know Alba and Alves will be bombing forward at every opportunity, so if we nick the ball back, we need players that can carry the ball up the pitch with pace - Yaya, Nasri, Navas......
Barca play such a high line, Navas and Negredo should have the legs on Pique and maybe Puyol..

I don't want MP to risk either player if they are not 100%........but if he agrees with you Dawg and the CL is the top priority......maybe he will risk one, maybe both at some point.

..............................Hart.................................

Zab.............Vinny..............DeM.............Clichy...

.....................Garcia............Yaya...................

Navas..............................................Milner.....

........................Silva...................................

......................................Negredo..............

Think he will bring DeM back.....shame, as Lezza was great against Chelsea.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:10 am

Your team looks like it may get the go ahead bluey, though he may be tempted to squeeze Nasri in for Milner if Nasri is fit enough.

I'm sure the CL is top of the agenda for the owners, there is even talk of Sheikh Mansour being there in the flesh.

If Fernandinho is fit, he should start. Save Aguero for the return and the rest of the league campaign. He's someone we don't want to do without.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainerdwasmychurch Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:15 am

As long as they are ready to pass the ball quickly and accurately then we will be a match for barca, if they can't get that bit right then it will be a difficult night......cos it ain't just about how good they are when they have the ball it's also how quickly they try to get it back......

Mainerdwasmychurch
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:13 pm

To be honest I don't think MP has any priority at this stage. He just takes it game by game

He wouldn't have played the team he played against Chelsea if CL was his main priority

Definitely wouldn't risk Sergio and would give Fernando a half if he's up to it

I think Nasri will start & would imagine Dzeko & The Beast will be up front
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:00 pm

Fernandinho is in the squad. Aguero isn't and probably won't play against Stoke on Saturday.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Twisted Evil 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down