Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees EmptyToday at 2:24 pm by Topdawg

» Pep’s at it again
This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees

3 posters

Go down

This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees Empty This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees

Post by blueboy Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:23 am

Graham Poll, yesterday morning said the following about DeMechelis' red card:

Barcelona’s penalty was rightly awarded. Perhaps referee Jonas Eriksson missed a foul by Sergio Busquets on Jesus Navas before the Barca attack, but these things happen in football.
What cannot be disputed is that Martin Demichelis fouled Lionel Messi fully in the knowledge that the Argentine was through and would most likely have scored. It was a clear red card.
There was a question over the exact position of the foul. I was taught that experienced defenders make last ditch tackles knowing they are just outside the area.

However, in my opinion contact continued until at least the line marking the penalty area and further, meaning awarding a penalty was a correct decision.

If there is doubt then a referee should give it outside. You can’t guess a penalty. Eriksson must have been sure and if you look at the foul from the assistant referee’s position, he will have seen contact had occurred inside.

To further support the referee’s decision there was a second touch, this time from Demichelis’s trailing leg, and that was definitely inside the penalty area.
City may feel aggrieved but they were lucky not to go three down. Gerard Pique’s goal was adjudged to be offside, but Gael Clichy played him onside.

About Szczesny's red card:

I can see why Nicola Rizzoli decided to send off Wojciech Szczesny, but I believe it was a penalty and not a red card.

With the benefit of viewing the incident in slow motion, it is clear that Arjen Robben had knocked the ball past the keeper at the time of impact.

The ball was drifting wide of goal as Robben crashed to the ground and I believe it was too far away from the player to constitute a clear and obvious goalscoring chance.

In real time, the majority of referees would have sent Szczesny off but with the benefit of video replay - and playing by the letter of the law - it was a harsh decision.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees Empty Re: This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees

Post by skyblueoz Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:31 am

Noticed that fifa rep jim boyce  the arse lick who wouldn't allow any of his nationality to play in team gb  at the Olympics ibn fear of losing thir nationality has come out & said the ref had a very good game & he is an experienced ref who has world cup & confed cup representation on his cv. That does not mean a thing if he is a shit ref. look at the guy at the world cup who got crucified for booking something like 13 players in one game. He went to a world cup. the hand of god Ref he went to a world cup. Why don't they just admit the ref on the night was crap. I think Pel was out of order in his condemnation of Sweden in general but maybe that was to quash the rumours he was after Ibra. Now he wont come.!!!!
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees Empty Re: This just goes to show the inconsistency of referees

Post by shakencity Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:31 am

blueboy wrote:City may feel aggrieved but they were lucky not to go three down. Gerard Pique’s goal was adjudged to be offside, but Gael Clichy played him onside.

Would Piques goal not have made it 2-0?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:41 am

Yeah...but it's Poll.....Mr I Love Me....he really is a nob.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down