Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
England Squad EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
England Squad EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
England Squad EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
England Squad EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
England Squad EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
England Squad EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
England Squad EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
England Squad EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
England Squad EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
England Squad EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

England Squad

4 posters

Go down

England Squad Empty England Squad

Post by blueboy Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:09 pm

Can somebody please tell me how Cleverley gets into this squad ahead of Gareth Barry or Tom Huddlestone??? Bizarre.

Chris Smalling ahead of Michael Dawson or Joleon Lescott? He's awful.

England squad:
Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).
Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Cardiff City), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).
Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).
Forwards: Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC), Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Jay Rodriguez (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

England Squad Empty Re: England Squad

Post by leopold Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Christ only knows. Maybe it's because they get regular starts for the current league champions.

Barry is on loan and Lescott doesn't start much for us, so they're automatically dismissed as not good enough, despite the fact Barry walks into the Everton squad and Lescott is being watched by several teams, all of whom would snap him up in a flash.

Dawson, I don't get either. Spurs players tend to get places easily enough, but maybe it's indicative of the damage AVB inflicted on their season early on.

And poor Huddlestone! It's not his fault he was sold to make way for Paulinho and it's no slur on him that Steve Bruce recognised the bargain and snapped him up before anyone else noticed.

I also have to point out the sheer lunacy of having Welbeck in there. Is there really no room for Crouch, the player with the best goal rate in an England shirt?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:43 pm

Good point Leo...guess he's gone for height with Lambert...but agree, Crouch has never really let us down when he's played.

Welbeck is always a shoe in..he's been in every team Hodgson has selected.

I thought Woy said early on this year, "players will be selected on form"....so you can see Lallana and Rodriguez in there...but not the best English DMF in Barry on current form?

Also, what is the point of 4 goalkeepers? He must know his top 3 by now on the process of elimination: Hart, Forster, Ruddy....the 4th will NEVER play anyway....how many times have a squad taken 3 keepers and used all 3....or even 2 of them for that matter?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:47 pm

If I had to pick a starting 11 from this squad + Jagielka for Brazil, it'd be this:

....................................Hart.....................................

Johnson..............Jagielka...........Cahill..................Baines

......................Gerrard.....................Milner....................

Sterling.......................Lallana..........................Sturridge

.................................Rooney.....................................
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:10 am

Smalling and Cleverley is an absolute joke.....they even said on GMR this morning, "would they really be in the squad if they didn't play for Utd?"

Tom Huddlestone.....Umm, i don't think so blue  Rolling Eyes

I'm still amazed Glen Johnson gets picked, he really is a truly awful defender....And why has Caulker been picked ahead of Dawson too?..i just don't get it.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:09 am

Dawson ain't good enough. He's far too slow. Look at what we did to Spurs and then tell me he's good enough.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:41 am

Incidently, Jagielka isn't in the OP.....has he not been picked?

Out of the OP squad, we only have Caulker and Cahill as CBs.....surely that can't be right.

Dawg,
I'd personally still prefer Dawson than Caulker at CB.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:44 am

Jags is injured
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:57 am

Topdawg wrote:Jags is injured

Ah, fair enough
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:59 am

shakencity wrote:Smalling and Cleverley is an absolute joke.....they even said on GMR this morning, "would they really be in the squad if they didn't play for Utd?"

I'm still amazed Glen Johnson gets picked, he really is a truly awful defender....And why has Caulker been picked ahead of Dawson too?..i just don't get it.

Huddlestone or Cleverley? Wink 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:01 am

blueboy wrote:
shakencity wrote:Smalling and Cleverley is an absolute joke.....they even said on GMR this morning, "would they really be in the squad if they didn't play for Utd?"

Huddlestone or Cleverley? Wink 

I wouldn't have either in the fuckin Bury squad blue, never mind England. Saying that, neither would get in the Bury squad at the minute  Razz 
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:36 am

I can honestly say that is poorest England squad for many a year. Be lucky to get out the groups I'm afraid.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:43 am

RB is the problem. I agree, Johnson ain't great, but Walker's distribution and crossing is awful. Shame Micah isn't fit and playing for us more...as he may be the better option...shame, his fitness is ruining his club and international career.

It does beggar belief that Roy is picking in form players like Lallana, Rodrigez, Lambert, Sterling, Sturridge, Shaw as well as the likes of Gerrard, Barkley and Henderson.

But then goes and picks Smalling, Cleverley and Carrick from a team that is struggling, completely out of form and all have been really poor this season....and if Jones was fit, he'd pick him as well! Bewildering.....so come the summer, United are out of the CL, maybe even finish outside of the UEFA places, win nothing.....and these players really deserve a place on a plane to Brazil ahead of Barry, Lescott, Dawson????? Shocked
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:48 am

Ah, it was inevitable we'd end up with a shit squad sooner or later. Jimmy Hill identified the problem over 20 years ago and everyone just laughed at him. It's a damn shame he's got Alzheimer's now, or I suspect he'd be quietly having the last laugh.

Sooner or later, we'll fail to qualify for something and then maybe the FA will wake up and realise that the money and influx of foreign players is killing the national game. But by then it'll be too late and we'll have a generation who just don't care about International football.

It's a sad indictment that we can assemble an entire national squad for Spain and Belgium from PL players, but we can't field one of our own which is even remotely the same calibre.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down