Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
What will be a good season next time? EmptyToday at 4:13 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
What will be a good season next time? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
What will be a good season next time? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
What will be a good season next time? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
What will be a good season next time? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
What will be a good season next time? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
What will be a good season next time? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
What will be a good season next time? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
What will be a good season next time? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
What will be a good season next time? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What will be a good season next time?

+7
lee1pen
blueboy
gratedbean
ONH
Damo69
Boris
Topdawg
11 posters

Go down

What will be a good season next time? Empty What will be a good season next time?

Post by Topdawg Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:30 am

I think we can all agree that this season has been great.

Our hopes and expectations have been matched and now we look forwards to some stellar signings and next season.

There's lots of ifs and buts like who isn't wanted anymore, will tevez leave, who will we buy etc.

If we assume that tevez does stay and we get rid of most of the deadwood (Jo, SWP, Ade, Bellamy, Bridge, Rocky, Onuoha) and that we buy a new left back as well as a creative midfielder (such as baines and modric).

What would be a good season for us then?

I would like a better, more sustained challenge for that top spot and good runs in every cup.

For me, a good season would be top 2, q-finals of the champs league at least and another cup win.

Am I asking for too much or too little?

Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What will be a good season next time? Empty Re: What will be a good season next time?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:58 am

Dawg, every man would like it to come that quickly and as a club we have every right to be optomistic.

For me though as I posted on the old 606 a good season for me next year would hopefully be a couple of good cup runs (hopefully win one) and then to acheive top four again. I might be a pesimist but being in the third tier of football isn't yet a distant memory. I just think it's about learning to walk before we run. Anything else will be a bonus.

Back to top Go down

What will be a good season next time? Empty Re: What will be a good season next time?

Post by Topdawg Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 am

Initially I had written top 3, but changed my mind.

we have been progressing upwards each season for the last few seasons so I'd like to see that continue.

hopefully with the couple of players i hope we get (we all seem to want central defence, left back and creative midfielder) we should be looking to sustain a better challenge for top spot than this season.

I am not saying that we should be champions, but we should be pushing harder.

A proper pre-season for all the players will certainly help and that belief to pull results out of the bag when it mattered at the death of the season helps me to believe that there will be fewer performances like wolves away and liverpool away.

i think the key may well be in how we play against the other big boys rather than just the small fry.

Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:01 am

Personally, I want us to win the title or at least come damn close. Secondly I would like to see us retain the FA Cup and lastly give a decent show in the CL.

I don't think we have any reason to fear the Champions league, Spuds have shown that PL teams can mix it with the best and United showed us that an favourable draw can make it easy to progress to the latter stages.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:24 am

It isn't wrong to now expect at least one trophy every season.

A poor season next time round would be failure to qualify for the champs league and early exits from the cups.

I can see a strong second string in the League Cup. Just imagine:

Given
Boateng, Boyata, Kolo, Zaba
Milner, Barry, AJ, MJ
Dzeko, Balotelli

We start a few rounds in that competition too so it doesn't take many games to reach the final.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Damo69 Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:39 am

Retain the cup, consolidate our top 4 status, good showing in the chumps league will do for me.
Damo69
Damo69
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:57 am

got the taste now eh lads!

For me being top dogs in your own country beats anything, cups are a great bounus but being champions tops the lot IMO.

A few good draws & before you Know it your in the semis where as the leagues is a full seasons hard slog.

CL is a massive compition & I would love United to win it again dont get me wrong but its the Prem first for me everytime.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Challenge for the title, if it's tight again next year it doesn't matter if we fall short and end up 2nd, 3rd or 4th as long as we have a decent go at it. Unlike most summer windows, all the top six will be strengthening their squads this summer, they should all come back stronger, so we need to make sure we keep up with the pack.

Good run in the CL, need to show we aren't one trick ponies, have to be looking at qualifying from our group at the very least.

Other than that, I always expect us to drop out of one of the domestic trophies against someone like Scunthorpe (no offence to them), but we need a good run in at least one domestic cup.

Win Charity Shield.

Finish with a better goal difference than last season, we fell well short of Chelsea & United.

Finally, see us start to really gel as a team and begin to show a distinctive style of play, I want to see us going out at the Emirates with the belief that we can win the match instead of going out for a draw (obviously depends on the current League table but you get the picture).

So yeah, a long Christmas list, but realistically I think we can achieve them all.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:21 pm

United won the league on the strength of their home form, we can't afford to drop daft points like we did against Blackburn. Hopefully we won't get shite refs either like we did against Arsenal and Everton.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:26 pm

I demand!

a) us being crowned PL champions

b) at least QF of CL - or better

c) beat the rags in the Charity Shield

d) at least a final of the Carling Cup or FA Cup - and a win in one of them.

Why bother telling a bunch of players who have finished joint second in the PL and won the FA Cup - " another cup, a top 4 finish and a good run in the CL" - ??? I'm sure the owners and managers targets are more than another top 4 finish and a good run in the CL.

The Sheikh will wants to win the league, win the CL and win a cup. Simple as, especially if he throws another £150m at Mancini.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:34 pm

I demand that hypnotic avatars are banne from thisd site. affraid
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:38 pm

The chamions League will bring it's own distractions and it's all to do with how we rotate the squad and if we can do that successfully. The last thing we want is to do is a Spuds and suddenly think we're in with a shout of winning it then let it affect our league performances.

The top four is a must anything else is a bonus. I can honestly see it being just as tight next season and think there could be as many teams as 7 pushing for that top 4 so going away to the Emirates and grinding out a draw wouldn't be that bad but when teams come to Eastlands lets make sure we give them all a game.

If we crash out of the champions League at the group stage it honestly wouldn't bother me as this time out I see it merely as a learning curve. Being perenial qualifiers is of the utmost importance for the development of the club though in terms of turnover, merchandising and improving on our global fanbase, well in my eyes anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Carling Cup Dates 2011/12

Round 3 w/c 19th September 2011
Round 4 w/c 24th October 2011
Round 5 w/c 28th November 2011
Semi Final 1st leg w/c 9th January 2012
Semi Final 2nd leg w/c 23rd January 2012
Carling Cup Final 26th February 2012

We should have a go at this. With a kind draw we could easily play a second string until the Semi's (3 games FFS.) The Semi Finals are played in January when there's no European football.

Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Top season if we ruin football for good, break away from the FA and set up our own league, win the FA cup though we no longer belong to them. Bernstein leads a violent upsurgence and takes over Fifa with Blatter executed on the steps of Whitehall.

Not a lot, eminently doooooable
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:52 pm

Sorry Boris - but they both stay!!! Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:00 pm

My eyes keep locking on to them like tracking beams. Twisted Evil
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Damo69 Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:42 pm

I have to read blueboys posts at least 4 times. Those jugs just draw me eyes.
Damo69
Damo69
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:13 pm

We should challenge for everything if Bobby gets the right players to strengthen the squad, if we keep Tevez then i'd expect a title challenge. If we dont win anything then Andy's avatar should cheer us all up.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:01 pm

Winning the Charity Shield will act as a catalyst for the season, with this culminating in us winning everything under the sun, whilst ruining football, the economy and space and time itself and more disappointingly, driving the price of cheese out of reach of the common man in the street.

You bastards City.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by emjaydee Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Good:

CC Winners
FA Semi-Final
CL Quarters
League Title Challenge

Great:

CC Winners
FA Defend it!
CL Semi's
League WIN!!
emjaydee
emjaydee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:09 pm

I would be happy with 2nd or 3rd & therefore consolidating our position as a top 4 side but as someone else said we need to have a good go at the title. If we come up short after having a right old go I'll still be happy

A good run in the CL would be nice but I don't think anyone is expecting too much. I agree that we should try a bit harder in the CC. It's there for the taking as most teams put out weakened sides

I'm not greedy so CC winners & PL winners or runners up
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:39 pm

No team has ever won the domestic treble, I'd settle for that even if we bombed in the CL.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down