Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Palace v City Match Thread EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Palace v City Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Palace v City Match Thread EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Palace v City Match Thread EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Palace v City Match Thread EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Palace v City Match Thread EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Palace v City Match Thread EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Palace v City Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Palace v City Match Thread EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Palace v City Match Thread EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Palace v City Match Thread

+5
TMG
skyblueoz
Topdawg
Wensdi
blueboy
9 posters

Go down

Palace v City Match Thread Empty Palace v City Match Thread

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Team News - no Fernandinho.

Manchester City XI: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Demichelis, Kolarov, Milner, Garcia, Toure, Nasri, Dzeko, Aguero

Last edited by blueboy on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Palace v City Match Thread Empty Re: Palace v City Match Thread

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:37 pm

If Chelsea's anti football keeps dippers out, this has to be played like a cup final. Any sort of slip will be inexcusable

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:03 pm

Well....if we fuck this up, we don't deserve the title.

If that result doesn't spur the players on...then they can all fuck off at the end of the season.

I want, DEMAND, a massive performance today.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:04 pm

We don't need to blow our big chance now.  Please... please.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:04 pm

Right back in it! Back in our hands, time to step up MP! Prove you are a winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:55 pm

I <3 YaYa

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:59 pm

See it through lads.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Graham Souness, take you sulky dipper attitude and shove it up your arse. Not a champions performance? What a wanker.

That performance was perfect, that was tough on paper and we didn't need to get out of 2nd gear.

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:27 pm

don't worry what crap they talk now they will be all smug coming up to next weeks game as we are 1st up at everton, Chelsea play sunday & Liverpool Monday. Most see us failing at Everton. The one that got Me was Alan Hansen his exact words were: not if but when Liverpool pick up the trophy. How Arrogant is that. I hope that comes back to haunt him like the "never win it with kids quote".
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Funny as, will be great listening to Fatboy Brazil on talksport tomorrow although he will be cooing about Ryan Bastard Giggs too much, when it's just not important.

Most pundits expected dippers to win all the games at a canter.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Still think Dzeko is fucking shite. Never witnessed a more non-goalscoring instinct' in a footballer than that today.

Balls being played into the box....where's he? On the edge of the D.........he's pathetic.

Sorry....some Dzeko fans will disagree..but watch the game again....and see just how many times he stood on the edge of area when crosses were about to be put in the box.....I can guarantee 70% of the time.

Still, good win, Silva hopefully back for Everton....push on, 3 points...Liverpool just buckled when they came under pressure....we can't.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:11 pm

I'll 4give Dzeko's shitness if he scores
in every game til the end of the season
and helps us win the league

Great day

It's back in our hands. I didn't think we'd get another chance as I'm sure most didn't
Let's not fuck it up again
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:32 pm

agree...I'll always think Dzeko is wank, even if he scores a last minute winner to win the league....he's a pathetic CF....no effort, poor first touch, no goalscoring instinct, unless someone puts it on a plate for him, a la Yaya....

I think he chased balls down better today, but still, tell Titus Bramble to do that and he'll do it. Rolling Eyes 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:21 pm

blueboy wrote:Still think Dzeko is fucking shite. Never witnessed a more non-goalscoring instinct' in a footballer than that today.
And yet he's scored 22 goals so far this season, which is the same as Nedge and only beaten by Yaya (23) and Serge (27). It makes you wonder how he's managing it, really.

Oh, and four players have scored 20+ goals for us this season, which is pretty bloody good!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:44 pm

and played twice as many games .....still think he's shit.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Most teams in prem would give right arm for Dzeko though? I know he misses some sitters but he does score important goals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:51 pm

On the train back from Euston
Simply a great day
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:57 pm

Even a miserable old git like myself managed a smile today, but that old Cityitis tells me we'll lose to a late goal from the ponytailed pikey against West Ham, and he'll win it for his old team.
Why am I so fookin pessimistic? Hate what my club have done to me over the past 40 years!
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:25 pm

blueboy wrote:and played twice as many games .....still think he's shit.
Now come on, hardly twice as many! I've worked it out as this:

Yaya: 3698 mins, 23 goals, 0.6 goals per game
Dzeko: 2997 mins, 22 goals, 0.7 goals per game
Nedge: 2543 mins, 22 goals, 0.8 goals per game
Serge: 2172 mins, 27 goals, 1.1 goals per game

He's not prolific like Serge, granted, but he's not been a total disaster. Nedge hasn't scored since 21st Jan, which is how Dzeko has caught up, but I have to say that Nedge has been more disappointing. Dzeko might not score lots of goals, but at least he does it consistently!

But yeah, he's a bit shit. If he applied himself more, he'd not just be our highest goalscorer, he'd be on for a golden boot.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:31 pm

Could today have gone any better?....I think not.

What started the ball rolling was that gobshite Gerrard fucking up for Chelseas first....how fuckin funny and apt was that  Laughing  Laughing .

A good performance needed at Goodison next Satdi night is all that's required now imo for it to be ours.....here's hoping eh!!!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:57 am

YaYa was instrumental in Dzeko's goal - nobody's mentioned his contribution yet.. just kept banging on about Edin.  Thank you YaYa - you were brilliant today.  Garcia also played really well (gulp).  Let's not look ahead to WHU yet - one game at a time.  Thought we'd slip up at Palace - but we didn't and we played with a bit of a conviction.

One of our commentators over here was the Everton keeper - he couldn't say enough good things about the whole team today.  He was a class act.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:26 am

Wensdi..agree about Yaya....I can't see Everton giving him the space that Palace did. Just shows, when he's given any kind of room, he'll destroy you. Good to see him stretching his legs as well...two magnificent runs, a great cross for Dzeko and a cool finish.

Be interesting if Everton try to man mark him next week. I hope so, because if Silva returns, he'll get the freedom in front of their back 4.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:34 am

leopold wrote:
blueboy wrote:and played twice as many games .....still think he's shit.
Now come on, hardly twice as many!  I've worked it out as this:

Yaya:  3698 mins, 23 goals, 0.6 goals per game
Dzeko:  2997 mins, 22 goals, 0.7 goals per game
Nedge:  2543 mins, 22 goals, 0.8 goals per game
Serge:  2172 mins, 27 goals, 1.1 goals per game

He's not prolific like Serge, granted, but he's not been a total disaster.  Nedge hasn't scored since 21st Jan, which is how Dzeko has caught up, but I have to say that Nedge has been more disappointing.  Dzeko might not score lots of goals, but at least he does it consistently!

But yeah, he's a bit shit.  If he applied himself more, he'd not just be our highest goalscorer, he'd be on for a golden boot.

Leo...I appreciate he has a fairly decent goal return, but if you take your figures and look at how many goals we'd have if he was a better finisher, or took chances to get in the box - how many would he have? 26? 27? 28? 30?
I just wish he would gamble on getting into the box. He always wants the easy option...stand on the edge of the area and hope someone pulls it back. Crosses were going into the box for Aguero....with Dzeko on the D...it should be the other way around...look how he took his goal.

Also, Aguero and Negredo have had injuries, so it can take a few games to get into your stride. When Negredo has started, he's generally only been given one game, then dropped to the bench. Dzeko's had a decent run this season.

I hate too be harsh on him as he does get goals....but if he had a real goalscorers instinct, the amount of chances we create he should be getting 30+.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:43 am

Wensdi wrote:YaYa was instrumental in Dzeko's goal
Now you mention it, Yaya was instrumental, full stop. He was in on just about everything. His lobbed pass for Dzeko's goal was inch perfect and his run for his own goal was sheer quality, ending with a superbly placed shot on goal which he hit whilst not even looking at the goal! And let's not forget the 1-2s he played with Dzeko and Nasri, both played into his path rather than his feet and Nasri's in particular plotting out a perfect intercept course which Yaya was able to collect without having to break his stride. Not to mention the other chances he was involved in.

It was a solid and confident performance from the whole team against a Palace side who haven't dropped many points at all recently, but none more so than that from the big Ivorian.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:03 am

I wonder if the players are instructed to not challenge for aerial balls in the middle of the pitch?
Dzeko only ever jumps for crosses in the area but yesterday I also noticed that Nasri was doing exactly the same,backing into the opposition player rather than challenging then looking to get on the knock down/second ball.
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:05 am

I agree abut Dzeko being wasteful, but Negredo and Aguero and all strikers miss chances.

If you take away Aguero's penalties, he may lose a few goals. If Dzeko was taking our pens, he'd have a much better goal return.

I feel pens should be excluded from tallies of goals or minutes per goal as that gives a false result.

What irks people is Dzeko's effort levels. He's got a good level of ability, we've all seen that. I'd still upgrade if I could but the club are looking to extend his contract.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:08 am

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:I wonder if the players are instructed to not challenge for aerial balls in the middle of the pitch?
Dzeko only ever jumps for crosses in the area but yesterday I also noticed that Nasri was doing exactly the same,backing into the opposition player rather than challenging then looking to get on the knock down/second ball.

It's certainly something....we just don't see many headers won, especially from Hart's long kicks...they always seem to stand there and try and control it on their chest.
Maybe they feel more confident to keep the ball rather than give it away.

Not sure...I won't say Dzeko barely gets 3" off the ground....oops, just did. Embarassed 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:15 am

Nah, not having that fellas.....as i even saw Yaya win a couple of header in midfield yesterday. I think Nasri's a bad example to give regarding challenging for headers, as i'd actually fancy my chances in the air against him.
Oh, and Joe shouldn't be kicking long hopeful punts upfield if we have no intention of challenging in the air form um  Razz 

Dawg summed it up, i think it's his workrate that irks everyone....or lack of. If he chased everything down and ran himself into the ground i think he'd earn alot more respect from everyone....but he doesn't and his missed chances just make his performance look much worse.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:24 am

But why else would Dzeko never ever jump for a header that's not in the box? Can't be just because he's a lazy cunt can it?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:32 am

blueboy wrote:Not sure...I won't say Dzeko barely gets 3" off the ground....oops, just did. Embarassed 
And when he jumps 3" off the ground, for some reason his head is 6" closer to the ground than it is when he's just stood up. How on earth does he manage that, has he got some sort of retractable neck or something??
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:34 am

Yaya rarely wins headers in midfield. I did see more urgency to challenge yesterday. Maybe it's because Liverpool lost.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:37 am

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:But why else would Dzeko never ever jump for a header that's not in the box? Can't be just because he's a lazy cunt can it?

Tbh Rich, i just don't know and that's what pisses people off with him.

If he wins the header but Sergio doesn't chase it, then we can't blame Dzeko...in fact i think we'd actually berate Sergio for not chasing the ball after the flick on.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:23 am

IF....Dzeko did flick it on, I can't imagine Aguero, for one minute, not chasing it.

It's his standing on the edge of the box that does my nut in...Milner. Zaba, even Nasri got inside the box or near the bye-line to cross it. Dzeko just stood on the edge of the box, so Aguero was making runs into the box.

Now, I'd rather put money on Dzeko potentially winning a header from the cross than Aguero and I'd definitely rather the ball be at Aguero's feet on the edge of the area than Dzeko's.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:32 am

I can't imagine Serge not chasing after it either blue...but that wasn't my point.

If Dzeko actually challenges and wins a header, no-one can have a go at him...it's the fact he doesn't that annoys the frig out of everyone.

Oh, just wanted to add...yes, Yaya was immense yesterday, it just highlighted how much we miss him when he doesn't play. If Silva returns at Goodison, we really have no excuse not to win...we'll literally be at full strength.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down