Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Why paper talk is even more BS than normal. EmptyToday at 3:48 am by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
Why paper talk is even more BS than normal. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Why paper talk is even more BS than normal. EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Why paper talk is even more BS than normal. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Why paper talk is even more BS than normal. EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Why paper talk is even more BS than normal. EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Why paper talk is even more BS than normal. EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Why paper talk is even more BS than normal. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Why paper talk is even more BS than normal. EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Why paper talk is even more BS than normal. EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Why paper talk is even more BS than normal.

3 posters

Go down

Why paper talk is even more BS than normal. Empty Why paper talk is even more BS than normal.

Post by Topdawg Wed May 14, 2014 11:22 am

We all know that papers make up stuff, especially when it comes to City.

But this summer, most of the stuff will actually be total bollocks. All this talk of new foreign arrivals means nothing to me.

We are allowed a 25 man squad, with a maximum of 17 non HG players. Currently we have 15 players classed as non HG. Next season, Nastasic will be non HG due to his age so we only have space for one more non HG player unless we release some non HG players. If we get Mangala and Fernando, we'll be up to 18 non HG players.

So there is no room for anyone else unless we sell players or decide not to include them in our 25 man squad.

Let the papers talk. Until we sell or release some non HG players, I'm not going to read their guff.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Why paper talk is even more BS than normal. Empty Re: Why paper talk is even more BS than normal.

Post by shakencity Wed May 14, 2014 11:29 am

With the amount of crap that's going on currently with the FFP, do you still think we'd still spend the best part of £40m on Mangala n Fernando though?

I think we'll only splash the cash, once a firm decision (one way or the other) towards the FFP has been made. Until that time, it's all gonna be paper talk and speculation.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Why paper talk is even more BS than normal. Empty Re: Why paper talk is even more BS than normal.

Post by Topdawg Wed May 14, 2014 3:16 pm

City aren't worried about FFP ( heard that before!). Really they shouldn't be going forwards. We fiddled it a bit this year, but we will be break even next season with the extra £40M for tv rights and winning the league plus the extra money from sponsorship and getting out of the CL group. We also slashed our wage bill by getting shot of Balotelli, Tevez, Adebayor, Bridge, RSC etc. I'm sure our new recruits wages are less than that lot. I know they are. We've saved ourselves something like £10-£12M in wages alone.

We will be break even and that is before the new CL tv deal and, hopefully, a re-negotiated deal with Etihad!!!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed May 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if a new renegotiated sponsorship deal isn't discussed while the club are in Adu Dhabi.

I think the key will be keeping Richards and Rodwell signed on for next season with a potential increase in wages...remember, for Richards, Zaba only has to get an injury and he's back in contention...I think he's showing a real lack of ambition. He's said he was gutted that he didn't get a winners medal, but he would have had plenty of opportunity if he wasn't always injured...Rodwell is a different matter with our MF being so strong. Guess we could sell Garcia and keep Rodwell as back up.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed May 14, 2014 4:34 pm

If we get Fernando, we don't really need Garcia as well. They do the same job. Rodwell is a tough one. Who would he replace? If he was this barnstorming MF then, maybe he can be cover for Yaya. But we saw that when Yaya was injured, Pellers just played other squad members, not Rodwell. I don't even remember how often Rodwell was on the bench.

I may be inclined to keep him, just to keep our quota up. I can understand Richards wanting to leave to get games. Last season, he was deputy to Zabba and he could have had a chance at CB before we got Dimi. I don't think he'd have been this ball playing CB that MP wanted though.

In all honesty, he needs to play. He's young enough to still have an excellent career and maybe even play for England again. He won't play for England if Zabba stays fit.

Lescott said he'd think about it if City changed their minds over him. he accepts he is a squad player, but he's glad he came for the things he's won with us even if he didn't figure much this season.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed May 14, 2014 6:15 pm

Yeah, but Micah said during the season, it's up to him to stay and fight for his place. As we all know with Sergio, it only takes one tweak, one pull and a player like Zaba could be out for 3 months. Micah would then step in and fight to retain his place. If competition isn't what he wants, then he'll hardly make it at the top clubs, nor International level. He sounds pretty weak, mentally, regardless of his physical problems.

Rodwell can stay for me, he's young, but injury prone...but he can go to our home quota which helps massively.

Lescott needs to go. He's not a favourite of MP's and we need a top class CB if we are to progress in the CL...and he'll be the casualty. Still, like he said yesterday, "for all those who said I was a mercenary for joining Man City, I've now won every domestic trophy which includes 2 PL titles since I joined"...not a bad way to bow out is it?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down