Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Qatar....a mistake EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
Qatar....a mistake EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Qatar....a mistake EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Qatar....a mistake EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Qatar....a mistake EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Qatar....a mistake EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Qatar....a mistake EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Qatar....a mistake EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Qatar....a mistake EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Qatar....a mistake EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Qatar....a mistake

3 posters

Go down

Qatar....a mistake Empty Qatar....a mistake

Post by shakencity Fri May 16, 2014 8:28 am

Qatar....a mistake _74895998_022189759-1
Swiss agency RTS reports Fifa president Sepp Blatter as saying the choice of Qatar for the 2022 World Cup was a "mistake" and pointing towards political pressure from France and Germany as a reason for the choice.

No shit Sherlock......but it's good of you to tell us who bent you over and bum-humped you and your corrupt cronies. Could any of you ever see FIFA bowing to Political pressure from England?.......me neither. Utter bollocks!!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Qatar....a mistake Empty Re: Qatar....a mistake

Post by leopold Fri May 16, 2014 8:49 am

Well, all he's done here is fill in the blank.  Everyone and his dog knew that Qatar was a seriously bad call, it was just a case of who forced the issue.  I suppose it's good for Qatar that they're no longer being looked at as the ones pumping money into FIFA to sway their decision - assuming, of course, that this isn't some cover-up and that France and Germany have vested interests in the WC going there.

I suspect neither France nor Germany would've been able to push FIFA individually, but combined I'm sure they could be a pain in the arse, especially since they've got enough allies in Europe to make a bigger issue of it if need be. Plus, it's 120 or so million TV viewers with money in their pockets.

We'd have no chance, though, because the only European country that actively likes us is Greece, and they're no threat to world football...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri May 16, 2014 9:03 am

I can't believe he's on record as saying this. Any country with a failed bid could sue the pants off FIFA.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri May 16, 2014 9:34 am

More from the earlier story that FIFA president Sepp Blatter has admitted that it was "a mistake" to choose Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup.

Blatter said that the technical report into Qatar's bid had warned that it was too hot but despite that, FIFA's executive committee had voted for the Middle Eastern country.

The FIFA president said it was now "probable" that it would be played in the winter rather than the summer due to the heat.

Blatter told Swiss TV station RTS: "Yes, it was a mistake of course, but one makes lots of mistakes in life.

"The technical report into Qatar said clearly it was too hot but the executive committee - with a large majority - decided all the same to play it in Qatar."
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down