Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments

+2
Disaster_Tskhadadze
Topdawg
6 posters

Go down

FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments Empty FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments

Post by Topdawg Fri May 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Main points

Losing £10M on UEFA money this season and next season.

CL squad capped at 21 for next season (no biggie as we only played 21 this season).

Can only spend €60M + income from player sales this transfer window

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/May/Club-statement-16-May

I'm glad the top brass pushed UEFA hard on this as I don't think the above is too much of a hardship.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments Empty Re: FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 8:31 pm

PSG with exactly the same sanctions though which still grates a little but at least it's the same.

Back to top Go down

FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments Empty Re: FFP - City fined £20M and other punishments

Post by Topdawg Fri May 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Yeah, we should fuck UEFA up good and proper by renegotiating our sponsorship deal (and backdating it to get our money back!).

The real problems are the abuse of the loan system, racism and club debt. Problems that UEFA won't tackle.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Disaster_Tskhadadze Fri May 16, 2014 11:33 pm

Punished for not doing anything wrong. Punished for trying to operate in a landscape the 'big' clubs created. The only way to compete with the 'big' clubs is to get money otherwise it's watching your best players get cherry-picked and welcome to Also-Ransville. So we get money and the 'big' clubs go "We've done that, but you can't" and make some rules up on the fly.

Why are City dropping their kecks and taking this? "Ordinarily we would pursue this case..." Well why don't you then instead of dropping your kecks round your ankles and bending over.

I hate the premier league and I hate the champions league. Most of all I hate that bunch of crooks called UEFA.

As Joe Royle once said - "It'll never replace football."
Disaster_Tskhadadze
Disaster_Tskhadadze
New Signing
New Signing

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat May 17, 2014 1:04 am

The devil is in the details
Rather than 8 homegrown players we actually only need 4 so squad wise it's as you were from last season,we only used 21 players 
The fine is only £8 million per year if we comply with only losing £16 million next accounts and £8 million the one after which I'm sure the club will do so it's negligible really in the scheme of things
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat May 17, 2014 6:55 am

Two other things UEFA won't do anything about, Corruption within their own rank & file and football hooliganism in Europe.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat May 17, 2014 7:14 am

I wasn't aware that the HG was down to 4 PPLF. If that's the case, no worries.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat May 17, 2014 10:36 am

Well, as I said the other day, with UEFA basically rubber-stamping PSG's incredible sponsorship deal, they can't do anything about City renegotiating ours with Etihad.

Do we actually know yet from UEFA, exactly what the fine was for? This will make a difference. If it's for the Etihad/Qatari sponsorships, why both clubs were fined, then in theory, we can't renegotiate. However, if it was actually down to losses, and them not taking into account the image rights/consultancy fees to New York and Melbourne...then there is nothing stopping us adding another £20-30m a season to our existing deal....as it would have already passed FFP this time around.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat May 17, 2014 10:38 am

Now let's wait for Wenger and other moaners to set an appeal against it!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat May 17, 2014 10:43 am

And the CL sponsor gets:

Anzhi Makhachkala
£1.6m euro fine, Champions League squad size cut to 21, transfer spending restrictions, two-year squad salary freeze.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat May 17, 2014 10:46 am

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/79/68/69/1796869_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Specifically parts 18-12 and 18-08
Basically it's pro rata'd down
25 -8 HG
24-7
23-6
22-5
21-4
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat May 17, 2014 10:55 am

So in theory, that's good news if the likes of Micah won't sign. We should be fairly comfortable for a couple of seasons. Still, it'd be good to have a go at the likes of Shaw, Baines, Lallana, Barkley etc.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat May 17, 2014 11:29 am

Our foreign players A list
 Pantilimon Zabaleta  KompanyDemichelis Kolorov Garcia Yaya Fernandhino Nasri Silva 

Navas Dzeko Aguero Jovetic Negredo

Nastasic would qualify for the B list and Boyata is a back up HG player

Presuming we lose Pantilimon and replace with an English keeper ( must have 2 in A list ) then we can add Mangala Fernando and Sagna. I don't think we will do any other business other than those 3

So

1 HART
2 ENG KEEPER
3 MILNER
4 CLICHY
5 zabaleta
6 Kompany
7 Demichellis
8 Kolorov
9 Garcia
10 yaya
11 Fernandinho
12 Nasri
13 silva
14 Navas
15 Dzeko 
16 Aguero
17 Negredo
18 Jovetic
19 Mangala
20 fernando
21 Sagna 

Lescott Sinclair Richards Guidetti Barry Pantilimon Rodwell can all be sold and get the wages off the books
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat May 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Lescott has already been told no new contract so we know he has gone no fee tho likewise Barry, I would keep Rodwell, and Pants if poss.Then look to sell Richards & Guidetti and pray someone stupid enough wants to buy Sinclair. Could always use Richard Wright as back up English keeper for champs squad. Looked ok against al ain.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun May 18, 2014 8:38 am

I think if MP pushes ahead for Fernando and Mangalla, and gets Sagna...I can see the likes of Richards and Garcia being sold.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun May 18, 2014 9:48 am

Richards is definitely going. Garcia will probably make way for Fernando. Rodwell looks a possibility for a loan to see if he can stay fit.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon May 19, 2014 7:48 am

Milner looks like he wants out too....all this is becoming very confusing to me  Embarassed 
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down