Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
HT - England going out? EmptyToday at 9:19 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
HT - England going out? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
HT - England going out? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
HT - England going out? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
HT - England going out? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
HT - England going out? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
HT - England going out? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
HT - England going out? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
HT - England going out? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
HT - England going out? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
Topdawg
HT - England going out? Vote_lcapHT - England going out? Voting_barHT - England going out? Vote_rcap 
atlblue
HT - England going out? Vote_lcapHT - England going out? Voting_barHT - England going out? Vote_rcap 
Wensdi

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

HT - England going out?

4 posters

Go down

HT - England going out? Empty HT - England going out?

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Great goal, clever play by Cavani, poor from Jags and England defenders who thought he was going to shoot.

Potato head hasn't done enough for me in the centre but better than when he was on the left last game.

Baines has been poor. Defenders don't know what to do most of the time when they are bringing the ball out. We're still walking around too much, we need to be moving forwards quicker when we have a break.

Uruguay are terrible cheats ( did we expect anything different?) and the ref has given them most 50:50s. He should have sent that player off for the clothesline on Welbeck. If he hadn't already booked him, maybe he'd have carded him but it was a bollocks decision.

What to change? Well, we need more quality and we just don't have enough. Maybe Barkley as we need someone else to run at their defenders. Welback faded, so I'd take him off.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

HT - England going out? Empty Re: HT - England going out?

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:33 pm

Come on now! It's there for the taking now. Goofy is done

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:43 pm

Stevie G - Calamity Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:51 pm

Cahill wasn't paying attention. Ah well.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Absolutely pathetic...AGAIN.

WHEN......will we appoint a manager that has a pair of bollocks?

Gerrard was fucking awful in the first game, awful again.

Rooney...a tap in...whoopy fucking do!

It's definitely time that the FA has a massive shake up. We get rid of the old wankers in charge and get somebody with the balls to say "right, this is what we are doing, we're starting again with youth"

None of this..Gerrard is the Captain, Rooney earns the most so must play for the sponsors.

Someone like Glen Hoddle, someone who will rid the tumour within the FA, someone who will say....."I'll give youth a chance"...not for 25 mins in the second half of a game we need to win, but from the start.

We've been beaten 2-1 by a team with the same population as London. A team, beaten 3-1 by Costa fucking Rica!

It's a shambles.....Woy made all of the right noises prior to the WC...picked a decent squad, but ultimately, looked after his own back by keeping the likes of Rooney, Gerrard etc in the squad.

Well...Captain fantastic fucked up the title for Liverpool and has now fucked up our WC....

And as for that bucked toothed fucker...'marked man' hopefully, for next season!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:03 pm

But Suarez took his goals brilliantly, he's that good, should not make him a marked man.

England simply not good enough, plain and simple. I'm not even that gutted because I thought getting out the group was always going to be hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:21 pm

We had a better set of players than what we have shown.

WTF is going on when we have 6 men in our own half being pressed by 2-3 opponents? Then there is no out ball for the defender with the ball because we only have 4 players in front of him and they can't hold the ball up.

Let the fucking defenders defend. We haven't been able to defend plain and simple even though we've been playing with 2 DMs. That extra DM means we aren't causing teams problems up top.

We are crying out for 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3. If you persist in playing 4-2-3-1 then your 4 men up front have to be able ti make things happen for themselves as Uruguay and others have shown.

I think we have the makings of a decent team, but that means without Rooney, Gerrard, Henderson, Johnson, Baines.

I want to see Barkley, Ox, Sturridge, Lallana and Sterling as my attacking 5.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:33 pm

blueboy wrote:We've been beaten 2-1 by a team with the same population as London. A team, beaten 3-1 by Costa fucking Rica!
Actually, Uruguay only has half the population of London.  But I take the point, I don't get how we can have a population of 52 million people and can produce a grand total of zero World Class players either.  There's something fundamentally wrong and, after managing at youth level, I can say the FA's plan to introduce B teams won't work because the kids who need to be developed at a younger age are just not getting the support.  The FA need to splash some of that dough in the direction of the grass roots instead of throwing it at the already ridiculously wealthy Premier League.

Topdawg wrote:I think we have the makings of a decent team, but that means without Rooney, Gerrard, Henderson, Johnson, Baines.

I want to see Barkley, Ox, Sturridge, Lallana and Sterling as my attacking 5.
So do I.  And with little else left to play for in the competition, I don't see any reason to not just play it once to see how it gets on.  Hell, if we wallop Costa Rica four or five nil, it'll at least point us in the right direction.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:40 pm

Baines really was poor for me. Rabbit in the headlights.

What still amazes me is why we can't control the ball quickly and why we aren't comfortable on the ball. We had the lions share of possession but it was poor possession mainly in our own third. If we had 60% possession mainly in their half, we'd have won that game.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:49 pm

On a positive note, surely this will mean the end of the Liverpool love-in.
The press wanted us to play 'the Liverpool way' and we did, and that obviously means winning fuck all. 
Maybe Roy will win manager of the tournament now and johnson will be voted player of the tournament?
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:53 pm

titbumwilly wrote:On a positive note, surely this will mean the end of the Liverpool love-in.
The press wanted us to play 'the Liverpool way' and we did, and that obviously means winning fuck all. 
Maybe Roy will win manager of the tournament now and johnson will be voted player of the tournament?
 Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:54 pm

We're not good enough attacking wise to go all out attack and not good enough defending to try and play on the counter. It's tough.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Apparently, according to my scouse cousin, it's our fault, because we haven't been playing Micah enough and getting him ready for England!
City's fault - you couldn't make it up!
At least 'Stevie G' comes away from this tournament with one assist now.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:42 am

What is your cousin talking about? Micah has played loads this season! Or does playing on FIFA 14 not count?

Last edited by leopold on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down