Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour

4 posters

Go down

Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour Empty Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour

Post by blueboy Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:13 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2686527/Samir-Nasri-Alvaro-Negredo-included-Manchester-City-squad-fly-Dundee.html

I hope we keep all 4 strikers......I know, Dzeko as well!! His form at the end of last season warrants him having another 6 months at least and seeing what he can do.

Would like to see Jovetic play a starring role next season. There's a load of fuss surrounding him in Italy, so maybe this will be his season for City.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour Empty Re: Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour

Post by leopold Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:42 am

Serge still looks a bit tentative on the pitch, I'd be tempted to give him a couple of months' rest and let Stevan have a crack at some first team action.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour Empty Re: Negredo in squad for pre-season Scotland tour

Post by shakencity Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:05 am

I don't know why, but i'm a tad worried about our strikeforce this season.

Serge is becoming injury prone.
Negredos confidence was shot from Xmas onwards.
Dzeko is lazy beyond belief (despite his goals  Wink )
Jovetic has never really been given a proper chance.

This pre-season could well be Negerdo and Jovetic's chance to get back in the goals and stake a claim for starting shirts come the 1st game. Let's hope both do well throughout and come back to England unscathed, fully of confidence and ready for the opening game.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:34 am

And we still won the PL with:

- Sergio never fully fit since last Dec
- Negredo getting injured in Jan and losing his form and place
- Jovetic only playing 5 PL games through injury
- Dzeko being shit until the last 2 months

Imagine if we get 3 of them fit and firing?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:44 am

It helped having 20+ goals from Yaya though, are we gonna have that to help us this year?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:52 am

Very true. But it also helped that we had 20+ goals from:

- Sergio, who missed most of the second half of the season
- Negredo, who scored almost all of his goals in 2013
- Dzeko, who squandered as many chances as all three strikers scored

If Jovetic can bang in six goals in a handful of games, there's a chance he could be a 20+ goalscorer too.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:11 pm

I think Jovetic can be a star for us if he stays fit. I'd like to start with Jovetic and Dzeko for a lot of the pre-season friendlies or Jovetic and Negredo if Dzeko needs a little rest.

At the start of the season against Newcastle, I'd go with Dzeko and Jovetic. For the home game with Liverpool, I'd want Sergio back. Let's hope he can have 4 weeks rest to help his body recover and then get a couple of weeks of training in.

We cannot afford to start slowly next season looking at the fixtures.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down