Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
So...........really not sure what yesterday was about EmptyToday at 2:24 pm by Topdawg

» Pep’s at it again
So...........really not sure what yesterday was about EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
So...........really not sure what yesterday was about EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
So...........really not sure what yesterday was about EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
So...........really not sure what yesterday was about EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
So...........really not sure what yesterday was about EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
So...........really not sure what yesterday was about EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
So...........really not sure what yesterday was about EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
So...........really not sure what yesterday was about EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
So...........really not sure what yesterday was about EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

So...........really not sure what yesterday was about

+5
leopold
TMG
Topdawg
shakencity
blueboy
9 posters

Go down

So...........really not sure what yesterday was about Empty So...........really not sure what yesterday was about

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:33 am

Huws - sold for £2.5m rising to £3.2m...good bit of business, but apart from that, we've reduced the wage bill and weakened our attacking options later in the year.

The likes of:

Micah
Sinclair
Nasty
Guidetti

all should have been sold.

Sinclair and Nasty may get some C1 or FA Cup games, but that's about it.

The Beast thing is very bizarre. I can understand a loan with up to £30m next season for him to be sold to Valencia, but only if we brought somebody in to replace him. I know he would have been injured until the start of Nov, however, that's when the schedule gets heavy and I'm not sure we can rely on Aguero and Jovetic staying fit, which if either get injured, we're left in a situation where we'll be back relying on MF's to get goals as well....and the way Yaya has started this season, I can't see him getting anywhere near what he did last season.

Would love to know what the reason behind Negredo going was. Has something gone on with him and other players? Is his family homesick? For a player to basically force a move whilst injured, something other than for footballing reasons is going on.

Anyway, bit disappointed with the whole thing. Crying or Very sad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

So...........really not sure what yesterday was about Empty Re: So...........really not sure what yesterday was about

Post by shakencity Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:47 am

Have you forgot about Dzeko in there blue??

I'm not too fussed about Negredo leaving, as i don't think we've missed him too much while he's been out...and he didn't exactly have a great 2nd half of last season either (no goals in 17 app). We're saving on his wages and hopefully he'll be sold at the end of the season....if we can get somewhere near or above what he cost, i'll be more than happy with that.

For whatever reason obviously no-one wanted to buy the others in your post, but atleast Richards is off the payroll (or part of). Guidetti was close to leaving, but as for Sinclair and Nasty, i really don't get why they're agents haven't tried to get them a move somewhere....that's a bit baffling.

I think the FFP has played a huge part in this transfer window for City, but we've reduced our wage bill and put a few million quid into the coffers at the same time. We WILL spend money when we need to and imo that isn't the case at the minute. We have to trust what MP is doing, afterall he hasn't done to bad upto date.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

So...........really not sure what yesterday was about Empty Re: So...........really not sure what yesterday was about

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:02 am

Looking at the numbers, we spent £51.5M and got back about the same (Micah £3.5M, Huws £2.5M, Garcia £13M, Rodwell £10M, Barry £2M, Negredo £22M).

Our wage bill will have gone up a little, but only maybe £2-£3M a year.

Like everyone else, I'm puzzled we let Negredo go without signing anyone else, even a midfielder to add competition and possibly play off the front man. 

We can't have sold Negredo because MP thought we had enough firepower so there must be some non football reason. Homesick or FFP?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:16 am

The Mirror are citing that his family couldn't settle in Manchester. Well if that was the case, then we've known about the Valencia thing for at least 6 weeks....why no movement to get someone else in? I can't see it being FFP, as we were pretty solid financially with Negredo in the squad, apart from the fact that he may not have been included in the CL squad (mainly as he won't play until Nov). I wouldn't imagine MP dropping him from the squad if he was fit, somebody else may have had to make way...so it's still a little baffling.

I didn't include Dzeko in that Shaken, as he is rarely injured....problem with Dzeko is as it's always been....whenever he gets his opportunity to start, he rarely delivers. When the pressure is on or when he gets dropped to the bench, he suddenly springs to life - he needs to be doing that game in game out, not whenever he feels like it.

As it stands, I still would only trust Aguero to fire goals in. Jovetic? A pre-season is one thing and so is a couple of goals against Liverpool...he needs to be doing it week in week out before we can trust him to get us 20 goals a season.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:19 am

We knew many months ago that he wanted to leave as it was in the papers ages ago. We could have had Loic Remy for £10M and everyone would have been happy.

Chelsea may well be laughing all the way way to the title.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:19 am

As I read it Negredo is a loan with an obligation to buy, there is no choice in the matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:46 am

I reckon the idea was to sell Negredo and bring Falcao in but the cost of the loan deal was just ridiculous so we pulled out
As Guidetti didn't go to Celtic hopefully he can get some game time as 4th striker at least until the next transfer window
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:14 am

The 350K a week was the reason Falcao never came.  We have at least learned that much by now.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:25 am

£350k a week is insane money. But apparently that was the number they needed to pay, because he used to live in the sunny tax haven of Monaco and now he's got to pay 40% on pretty much everything he earns.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:30 am

Can you imagine the dog's abuse we would've been given if we'd agreed to those wage demands?
And yet, because it's them that have done it, it's a fantastic bit of business. Unbelievable.
Still yet to hear them being criticised for ruining football or trying to buy success.
Almost pissed myself laughing yesterday when some deluded rag said on TalkShite that Falcao didn't go there for the money, that was irrelevant, instead he went there because he had bought into the ugly bastard's plans for the future.
It will end in tears, believe me. Overpaid, injury-prone mercenaries are not a good foundation for long term success.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:31 am

That's £350k tax free....plus £6m up front to Monaco for the loan...that's why 12 months is costing United £20m!!

£14m in wages before tax...WTF!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:55 am

That's a lot of money for kicking a football about, isn't it?

If we'd have landed him, he'd be a merc. Which is odd, considering we DO have CL football and ARE current league champions...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Disaster_Tskhadadze Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:14 pm

Emyr Huws? The same Emyr Huws who, last season, was heralded as a future City star?

Did he want to go?

Am I to assume this thing about developing our own stars so we don't have to spend shit loads of cash in the future has gone out the window then?
Disaster_Tskhadadze
Disaster_Tskhadadze
New Signing
New Signing

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:53 pm

There is so much pressure to be at the top these days, it is going to take a really exceptional player to break through.

Look at the rags for instance. Welbeck, an England international, dumped for Falcao and Di Maria.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Topdawg wrote:There is so much pressure to be at the top these days, it is going to take a really exceptional player to break through.

Look at the rags for instance. Welbeck, an England international, dumped for Falcao and Di Maria.
I think he's gone backwards since Blade
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:29 pm

I don't think that City will bring any younger players through for a while.  What they will be doing though is trying to win as much as possible  - by strengthening where-ever necessary to win such prestigious cups etc.  They will only start to bring the young ones thru when there's no risk of falling foul of FFP rules - and when they are making a sizable profit.  That's when they can afford to do that.  Just my guess anyway.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:09 am

So...........really not sure what yesterday was about 1409656731285_wps_20_image001_png
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down