Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Milner negotiating new contract... EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Milner negotiating new contract... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Milner negotiating new contract... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Milner negotiating new contract... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Milner negotiating new contract... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Milner negotiating new contract... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Milner negotiating new contract... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Milner negotiating new contract... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Milner negotiating new contract... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Milner negotiating new contract... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Milner negotiating new contract...

2 posters

Go down

Milner negotiating new contract... Empty Re: Milner negotiating new contract...

Post by Topdawg Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:16 am

Great news as he always gives his best.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:24 am

Fingers crossed....we've seen what he can do when he gets a run in the team.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:30 am

James Milner fears he may have become a victim of his own stoicism after spending more time than he would like on the fringes for both club and country.
Milner has struggled to command regular first-team football at Manchester City under manager Manuel Pellegrini and has lost a grip on his England place as a result.
Typically, Milner knuckled down and fought his way back into Pellegrini’s team but has to admit there have been times when he wondered if his professionalism counted against him, making him easier to drop than more volatile team-mates.

‘There are two ways to react — a right and a wrong way,’ said Milner. ‘You can sulk and mouth off or work harder and working harder is the only way I know.
‘Maybe it counts against you if you’re not sulking or ruining training if the manager leaves you out. I’m not naming names. I’ve played with enough players for you to decide who it can be.
‘Maybe that does count against me at times. The manager knows I’ll just carry on training as hard as I can. It’s no good for the team if someone sulks or disrupts training.
‘The team comes first, whether it is England or Man City. It is no good for the team if you do alienate yourself from the group and start making things difficult.’

Milner has started City’s past four matches in the Barclays Premier League and his form has impressed but lack of action in 2014 did not help his international career in World Cup year. He won his 50th England cap in Switzerland last month and yet the 28-year-old has played only 223 minutes for the national team in 2014.
The only games he started were a friendly against Ecuador, when he was used as an experimental right back, and the final group game in Brazil against Costa Rica, when the team’s fate was sealed.
‘It’s a dilemma for the England manager (Roy Hodgson),’ said Milner.
‘It’s difficult when someone’s not playing much at club level and he is seeing other people playing every week. It’s definitely frustrating but on the other hand it’s England.

‘I don’t think I could ever turn my back on my country and look back thinking I’d stopped, just to have a few extra days off.
‘It’s a massive honour to play for your country. I played 46 times for the Under-21s and never would have turned it down.’
Friends have jokingly tried to persuade him to shed the reputation which inspired the Twitter parody @BoringMilner, an account which was recently posting tweets about the virtues of skimmed and semi-skimmed milk.
‘People get a tag and it sticks,’ said Milner. ‘That’s the way it is. If I change my Yorkshire accent, it might change something but I’m stuck with that and proud of it.
‘At times, I do think if I was a bit lazier, just did the attacking side of the game, would people notice me more? But I play the game which is best for the team. I track back, I defend and sometimes might not have the energy to go forward because you’re doing that work.

‘If I feel I’m not getting a fair crack of the whip I do go and see the manager. That’s the way I’ve always done it. Football is all about opinions. People who don’t rate you... I try to change their mind.
‘This is my fifth season at City and, with the trophies I’ve won, and to be there, to hold my own, I can’t be doing too badly.’
Milner has survived an exodus of English players from the Etihad Stadium — Joleon Lescott, Adam Johnson, Micah Richards and Jack Rodwell have all left the club. He is out of contract at the end of the season and in talks about a new deal.
He added: ‘I seem to go through phases in my City career where at times I’ve played a lot and enjoyed it massively and there’s no place you’d rather be. It’s an amazing club, why would you want to leave?
‘Then at other times it’s a bit more frustrating when you’re not playing as much and it’s a bit more difficult.’
Milner has even taken the step of learning to speak Spanish to help him bond with signings from Spain and Argentina, as well as Chilean manager Manuel Pellegrini.
‘I always wanted to learn another language,’ said Milner. ‘A few of the lads don’t speak great English, so it helps them and helps me improve, too. I don’t think you can be fluent until you live in a country but I can speak it OK.’

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down