Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Forget today, look forward to the summer EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Forget today, look forward to the summer EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Forget today, look forward to the summer EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Forget today, look forward to the summer EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Forget today, look forward to the summer EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Forget today, look forward to the summer EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Forget today, look forward to the summer EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Forget today, look forward to the summer EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Forget today, look forward to the summer EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Forget today, look forward to the summer EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Forget today, look forward to the summer

+2
blueboy
Topdawg
6 posters

Go down

Forget today, look forward to the summer Empty Forget today, look forward to the summer

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:26 am

Ok, looks like we won't be doing much, if any, business today.

I want to look forwards to the summer.

Let's say we finish 2nd in the league. That'll ensure we get another £30M for the new CL tv deal. Together with other sponsorships, and our increased income from gate receipts from the increased capacity, let's say we have a transfer budget of £100M.

There's plenty of players we'd like to see leave that would increase that transfer pot but, realistically, only 2-3 players are likely to be sold, some may leave at the end of their contracts (Milner, Boyata).

Ignoring departures, who would you like to see your money spent on?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Forget today, look forward to the summer Empty Re: Forget today, look forward to the summer

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:53 am

Talk today of Dzeko and Fenerbache at £12m! Rolling Eyes £12m????

Tell them to fuck off.

Anyway, back to your point. I'll try to say who I want out and how much I think we may get and add that to your £100m.

OUTS:

Navas - £15m - some Spanish team would be mug enough to pay that.
Kolorov - £10m
Kompany - £50m - I'm gonna be very controversial here and say if we could get £50m for him, sell him. He's not looked great for 2 seasons and just keeps picking up injury and injury. Yes, he's our leader, but we need a leader to be just that - on the pitch, not the stands. (awaits the Blueboy you're a dick comments)
Milner - free. Just think he's going unfortunately.
Dzeko - £20m
Jovetic - £17m
TLMLF - £10m

Possible budget - £222m

IN:
Pogba - £50m
Draxler - £20m
Bale - £100m
Rodriguez - £20m
Ramos - £40m

Promote from the academy/loan:

Denayer
Rekik
Pozo
Lopes
Barker
Ambrose
Cole

Slightly over budget....but will definitely take us to the next level.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Forget today, look forward to the summer Empty Re: Forget today, look forward to the summer

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:06 am

Bluey, you're a dick! Just wanted to say it!!!

I can't see us letting as many as 7 go, it's just too many. (also I was trying to avoid the let's sell this guy to increase the budget scenario).

I'd happily sell Kompany for £40M+. There was one commentator saying he didn't deserve his place in the team in front of Dimi and Managala - that's one harsh statement.

I think we'd get £20M for Yaya (if PSG were buying) and Pogba might cost more than £50M but his wages would be much lower.

I'd like one extra defender, probably at LB because Kolarov and Clichy won't take us to the next level. Pogba, Bale and Ramos might.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:12 am

That's why I'd bring back Rekik for the LB position and can cover at CB as well.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:18 am

Rekik's been playing at CB - I'd be uncomfortable having Clichy and Rekik as our only LB options.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:48 am

Topdawg wrote:Rekik's been playing at CB - I'd be uncomfortable having Clichy and Rekik as our only LB options.
What, more so than Clichy and Kolarov?  Clichy has had a pretty good season so far and surely Rekik can defend better than Kolarov??
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:54 am

If we want to move to the next level (and Pogba, Bale and Ramos would help) then LB needs to be stepped up too.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:00 pm

I like the look of Lacazette too but we may have missed the boat on a good price with him scoring so many goals in Ligue 1.

17 league goals before the winter break (now up to 21 or 22). Take out his 3 pens, he scored 3 with his head, plenty of tap ins and a couple with dribbles outside the box before unleashing decent 20 yard shots, a couple more running onto through balls. I'm not sure about his pace, but he has shown strength and he wants it.

He's only 23 and probably on about £20k pw
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:19 pm

See the rumour is that Danny Ings has signed a pre-contract with Real Sociedad. WTF?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:24 pm

If he was to be move in England, comp would be £5M. In Europe, that's only £300K. Nice fat signing on fee looks like it'll do the trick.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Kompany on current form (i know he is not fully match fit yet) we would be lucky to get £30m for.
Even fully fit he wasn't much better than he was in those last two games, he gets caught in possession trying to be clever rather than just keep it simple and he gets caught time and again leading to us getting punished by a pacey counter attack. He makes rash challenges when it is not necessary and he argues with the match official even when it is patently clear it was a good decision and he was at fault.
3 seasons ago we might have got £50m -£40m now we would be lucky to get £30 imho.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:09 pm

I was just being hopeful MCM....purely on his past reputation, as his last 2 seasons have been nothing special.

Honestly, I'd hate to see him go, but he does need to recapture some of the form that made him one of the best CB's in world football. That seems a mile away at the moment through all these injuries.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:17 pm

Bluey you're a dick Laughing 

Kompany is coming back from an injury. He is still one of the best in Europe and is a great leader & captain. I wouldn't be happy seeing him go unless it was seriously silly money

Yaya is getting on a bit so I wd be happy to see him go for a more realistic £20m

I get fed up of our transfer policy Why do we always have to spend ridiculous amounts £40m for the rubbish that is Mangala, £28 for Bony, Jovetic, Fernando, Balotelli etc etc..And nearly always sell at a massive loss !
In these days where FFP is gonna effect us every year this policy needs to improve

There's a young lad at Milton Keynes called Deli Ali, He's gonna be the next Steven Gerrard. Looks like Spuds are gonna buy him for a measly £5 million. I'm sure there's loads more not to mention the young lads we have such as Fofana and Devant Cole who are out on loan & others like Barker who are at the club. Give them a go They cant be any worse than Mangala, Kolarov, Sagna, Navas etc.
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:27 pm

Spurs will buy that kid for £5M and I'm sure if he doesn't make it, they won't lose money on him when they sell him. How come we are selling our kids for £500K???
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:44 pm

Because they rarely get a chance to show their worth on the big stage....and there is the one BIG problem with our set-up.

In for one game in a cup competition..then maybe a place on the bench. And that is that.

Look at the likes of Harry Kane. He was introduced in the same way last season, difference was, he was given a lot more game time in the PL than we give our youth.

If they don't get the chance - we'll never ever really know.

We'll just go on spending stupid money and always be in the clutches of FFP.

Most of us have seen our academy players in the EDS/U18's...I follow them fairly closely.

We can all see the massive 'potential' and I use that word as that is all it is at this stage....but haven't most of the big players in world football been just that at some stage - potential?

We possibly have the following players from our academy that have a genuine chance of playing PL/Championship football:

Gunn - keeper
Facey
Angelino
Barker
Bytiqi
Evans
Fofana
Byrne
Glendon
Ntcham
Ambrose
Cole
Hiwula
Pozo

Out of that crop, I would definitely be saying that the following have the potential to take a step up to our team at some point soon pr at least be given 20 minutes this season:

Pozo
Barker
Fofana
Ambrose
Cole

In addition, we have the likes of Lopes, Denayer and Rekik on loan at some big clubs.

From the U18's....we have the following:

Adarabioyo - who looks like a very young Viera, but at CB.
Nemane - quick winger/MF
Celina - tricky player

Now clearly, a lot of these will never get anywhere near the first 11....but if we don't start looking at integrating some of these players soon, then what's the point?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Isn't Angelino 17 playing for the U21s?

We've put our big players out for the cup games only to get embarrassed. I'd rather lose playing 3 or 4 kids in the COC. At least they'll have had a chance. That's what Wenger does and doesn't mind losing in that competition. The further the kids go, the more pressure is on them but that's what they need, opportunity and pressure.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:22 pm

Placing managers in the position of having to win X amount of trophies in X number of years is just putting them under pressure and they cannot risk chancing youngsters in cup games because they HAVE to try and win everything.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:25 pm

AND.....therein is the problem.

So basically, this holistic statement that is banded around time and time again - is nothing more than press-appeasing bollocks?

If that's the case - and MP has been brought in for his holistic approach as they keep referring to, then I've got news MCFC..."IT AIN'T HAPPENING NOR IS IT WORKING"
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:43 pm

There's a gaping hole in his holistic approach because I reckon the kids are getting even less chance than under Bobby Manc when he started.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:59 pm

I just think the kids - since the Micah, Ireland and SWP days - when we had no money, have NEVER or will EVER be given the chance.

The model is one thing, but is it just a smoke screen to do what Chelsea are doing now? Produce kids, send them on loan, bring them back, sell them on and have some clause that says we get first refusal in the future?

Chelsea have a MASSIVE in-take of academy kids, but hardly any ever get the chance...and they keep buying as we do (Cuadrado?).

Therefore, the CFC will never be the success we think it will for the reasons we want it to be....to see our kids progress to the first team. Certainly not under MP....maybe Viera would have a better chance as he knows them all and their qualities...but who is ultimately making the decisions?

I know they all train together now, but to be fair, the better one's did that at Carrington - and when you see who got sold or sent on loan - Suarez, Roman, etc.....it's didn't work then, and it's not really working now.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:48 pm

Suarez was so not good enough that Barca took him on
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:02 pm

and there you go...
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:16 pm

Suarez went to barcelona b to be fair, he didn't get any game time with Barca and is now out on loan.

It's a bit early to see them coming through just yet, I don't think any manager would be playing them. The academy itself won't have benefits for a couple of years at least, it's the younger squads that are doing brilliantly more than those already in the eds. A couple may still make it though.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down