Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract EmptyToday at 2:24 pm by Topdawg

» Pep’s at it again
Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract

5 posters

Go down

Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract Empty Re: Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract

Post by TMG Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:18 am

He'd be a gamble anyway 
No guarantees Hel be any improvement on what we got
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract Empty Re: Simeone promises AM players he will see out his contract

Post by leopold Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:58 am

Yeah, and Taggart said he wouldn't sell Madrid a virus, Mourinho says Chelsea players don't dive, and many, many more examples of managerial duplicity that don't come readily to mind.

If he's offered a deal he can't refuse, he'll come.

And TMG, he may not be any improvement, but he could hardly be any worse.  At least he got his team to be convincing league winners AND got them to a CL final.  More than our man has ever managed in his career...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Offered £10M a season, we'll see how big his scruples are...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Id rather us break the bank to get Gaurdiola
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:21 pm

TMG wrote:Id rather us break the bank to get Gaurdiola
I disagree.  Until someone can name me a club that he's managed who went from being there or thereabouts, to being dominant, I'll listen.  But so far all I've seen on his CV is the already famous and relentlessly bankrolled Barca, and the German equivalent of the rags.

I'd rather see a manager who's turned a team into something special, like Simeone at Atletico, or Taggart did at Aberdeen.  That's the sort of boss we require to motivate this shower.  I just worry that Guardiola will be shown up as the luxury boss that I think he is.  I suspect he'd be more akin to AVB; good when managing an already successful Porto, but not quite so handy at taking Spurs up to the next level.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:36 pm

But so far all I've seen on his CV is the already famous and relentlessly bankrolled Barca, and the German equivalent of the rags.

On the flip side Leo...haven't we already got that squad already and in the same situation as Barca and Bayern? PL champions, twice in 3 seasons.

I'd be worried if he didn't improve or take those teams to win titles....but he has.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:39 pm

But we don't a manager to turn us around We are already successful and have world class players so Guardiola wd be ideal Surely with the players we have he cd move is onto the next level Tactically he is 100 times better than MP. Simeone has had a good couple of years true but would he be up to managing in the PL Possibly yes but maybe not Guardiola comes with more guarantees IMO
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:52 pm

I'm actually pretty happy about this as I do not like Simeones style of play or aggression at all.

He's a very good coach who will win a lot of trophies, not my cup of tea at all though. Boring efficiency.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:36 am

I can see I'm in the minority here.

I wouldn't say no to Guardiola if he's willing to come, but I just don't think it's worth spending a fortune on.  Look at it this way: Who was the last person - player or staff - who we paid over the odds for who turned out to be worth the money?

And the first person to say Serge gets a slap.  He was and still is worth more than we paid for him.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:45 am

If we don't go all out for him the Rags will
There's 2 coaches at a different level - Mourinho and Guardiola I don't think U can turn down either
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down