Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back?

4 posters

Go down

Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? Empty Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back?

Post by Topdawg Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:43 pm

One complaint levelled against City is that young players join and hardly get a game. Look at Sinclair, Rodwell, Johnson for instance. Ok, injuries played a part with Rodwell, but you know what I mean. Other kids may be wary about joining because they may be worried they won't get games. But, offer kids the chance for a big time move, and they will always be up for it. They may not get another chance again if they turn it down. They may get injured or lose form badly enough that big clubs aren't interested a season or two later.

Why can't we just buy young players and leave them with their current club for a season or two? We are talking about buying Cresswell for £20M and there is talk of West Ham going back to Ipswich (where Cresswell came from for £5M) and buying Mings for £5M. 

We could buy Mings for £5M and leave him at Ipswich for another season or two to develop. If he's good enough, he joins us. If not, he's sold on and we'd surely get our £5M back. We could even do that with Barkley. Buy him from Everton for £25M and let him stay there for another season to develop and get games. Or we could go down the option route: Pay £5M for an option to buy him for £25M within the next two years.

If he's good enough, we get him for a reasonable price. If he's injured or rubbish, we've only 'lost' £5M.

This way you lessen the risk of spending big money on a dud and maybe save yourself from having to pay £50M a season or two down the line if the players hits the top.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? Empty Re: Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back?

Post by skyblueoz Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:13 pm

Makes sense to me.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? Empty Re: Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back?

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Yeah, good points Dawg.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:01 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-aston-villa-tracking-charlton-5533982

This lad's the real deal Dawg and i really do think he's one City should be looking to get....before Villa or the Spuds do.

Oh and then you could loan him back to us forever Laughing Laughing Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:10 am

26 clean sheets out of 41 league matches is some record. At £750k, he looks an absolute steal. He's still only 22 and could do another 2-3 seasons on loan and then challenge Hart, if good enough. Similar to what Hart did to Given.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:24 am

I watch alot of lower league players (obviously) and believe me, this lad's good. He's certainly no worse than Dean Kiely and Paddy Kenny were anyway...and they went on to make it in the PL.
He has a presence about him and isn't scared of coming to collect a ball into the box. His shot stopping is fantastic and his positional awareness isn't in question. Don't get me wrong, he's still raw and still has a lot to learn (probably why he's not in Charltons team), but i'd certainly like City to be tracking him....and like you say £750k is an absolute steel. He'd certainly be pushing Hart in a couple of years time.

He said he'd hoped to join us permanently next season (if we went up), guess that's scuppered now.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:54 am

more religious players. what a coup if we get him we can boast Jesus & the pope!!!!!!!

Why don't we just buy young HG players and loan them back? Icon_eek
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:01 pm

"TAXI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:12 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsN9hrRsC0c

Take a look, the one at the end was in the 95th minute too.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:48 pm

He definitely got you 3 points in that game.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:35 pm

He certainly did, no question...they were 3 belting saves. We said at the time, those 3pts could be so vital come the end of the season.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:13 pm

was on my way to work today . Was talking to my mate another city fan who just happens to be a Bury sympathiser on the phone ( hands free on) when I pulled up to the traffic lights. Their next to me was a Hyundai i30 with the registration plate Bury fc. there is even a fan of them here in Perth.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:31 pm

They're like flies....get everywhere.  Shocked
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:12 pm

yep we here in perth no all about flies!!!!!!!!!
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:09 pm

skyblueoz wrote:was on my way to work today . Was talking to my mate another city fan who just happens to be a Bury sympathiser on the phone ( hands free on) when I pulled up to the traffic lights. Their next to me was a Hyundai i30 with the registration plate Bury fc. there is even a fan of them here in Perth.

Now that's what you call spreading the "Bury FC brand worldwide" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by shakencity on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:23 pm

And Liverpool and the rags think they've got Oz all sewn up!!!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down