Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on? EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on?

2 posters

Go down

FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on? Empty FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on?

Post by Topdawg Sun May 31, 2015 6:46 am

73 votes against Blatter. That should be the first 73 states to start a new world football organistaion.

Unless we are working behind the scenes with other countries and/ or UEFA, we should walk away now whilst our heads are still a little higher than FIFAs bunch of thieving good for nothings.

Walk away I say and start a new organistion. I'm sure we'd get a few other countries willing to tread the same, more honest and transparent path, with us. Hold Platini to his word and make UEFA leave FIFA too. Make something happen.

If the FBI really gets into FIFA, then the sponsors will be foreced to either walk away out of shame (unlikely) or the US government will force them to walk away. Then FIFAs house of cards will come tumbling down with no-one there to support the expense accounts of Blatter's cronies and bumchums.

Wouldn't it be great if we were one of the leading lights in this new organisation before FIFA finally gets toppled?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on? Empty Re: FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on?

Post by Topdawg Sun May 31, 2015 9:59 am

France and Spain, who voted for Qatar as the 2022 hosts, both voted for Blatter along with Russia and many eastern European countries purely because they get many millions from Qatar. Stinky poo.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on? Empty Re: FIFA is going down, why are we still hanging on?

Post by blueboy Sun May 31, 2015 10:21 am

Sepp Blatter’s fifth term as FIFA president is likely to come under further intense pressure with the damaging suggestion that his right-hand man Jerome Valcke would have needed to authorise a $10million payment which US legal papers claim was a bribe paid to former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner.
The bribe was revealed in the full indictment document published by the US Department of Justice (DoJ) last Wednesday and the Mail on Sunday has been told that FIFA internal regulations mean top brass, specifically Valcke, would had to have authorised it.
The DoJ document alleges that the South African government agreed to pay Warner and two fellow FIFA executive committee (ExCo) members $10m to vote for South Africa to stage the 2010 World Cup. One of those other ExCo members was America’s Chuck Blazer, whose whistle-blowing has helped to inform the current investigation.
The indictment says the South African government were unable to make a direct payment and instead arrangements were made to have the cash sent direct from FIFA, ‘using funds that would otherwise have gone from FIFA to South Africa to support the World Cup.’
The report says three payments totalling $10m were wired in early 2008 ‘from a FIFA account in Switzerland to a Bank of America account controlled by Jack Warner’. It says these transactions were made by an unnamed ‘high-ranking FIFA official’.

A long-serving FIFA insider told the MoS that internal protocol dictates who can and cannot authorise cash transfers from FIFA bank accounts of the magnitude involved.
‘There are only two people inside FIFA who would have the authority to make those payments and sign them off,’ the source said. ‘Jerome Valcke as general secretary is one. Markus Kattner as director of finance would be the other. A payment of that magnitude could not be made from an official FIFA bank account without Valcke’s say-so.’

FIFA’s publicly available administrative regulations detail the responsibility of FIFA’s secretary general — who was Valcke in 2008 and now —and include responsibility for ‘all of FIFA’s administrative work’ and ‘for keeping the accounts of FIFA properly’ and for ‘asset and foreign exchange management’.
The fact that Valcke would have needed to sign off the $10m transfer brings the corruption scandal directly to the door of Blatter. There have been no accusations of direct corruption by him or Valcke to date, nor has either man been arrested or questioned by police. But the suggestion Valcke authorised a bribe leaves him and Blatter with explaining to do. But Blatter said: ‘Definitely it is not me. The only thing I can say is I had nothing to do with $10m.’

Warner raised the prospect FIFA insiders abetted him, saying on Friday: ‘I didn’t push my hand in the till of FIFA. I’m not a FIFA treasurer. I didn’t write cheques for FIFA. If I am corrupt, it must be someone else who had given me the money.’
It is believed Blazer has told US investigators he eventually received just over $750,000 from an expected $1m bung due to him from the $10m. The report details three payments made to Blazer by Warner totalling $753,500, after Warner received the money from FIFA’s Swiss account.

We asked Valcke, Kattner and FIFA to confirm that one or both signed-off the $10m and, if so, why. Also, if they knew it was a bribe being paid in exchange for votes and if Blatter knew. None of the individuals responded. ‘We cannot comment on ongoing investigations,’ said a spokeswoman.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun May 31, 2015 10:57 am

I'm guessing that the US can follow the bribe all the way back to the source. Allfunancial institutions will have to play ball or be threatened with being blackballed.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down