Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... EmptyToday at 9:19 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
Topdawg
We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... Vote_lcapWe're moaning about paying top whack for players..... Voting_barWe're moaning about paying top whack for players..... Vote_rcap 
atlblue
We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... Vote_lcapWe're moaning about paying top whack for players..... Voting_barWe're moaning about paying top whack for players..... Vote_rcap 
Wensdi

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

We're moaning about paying top whack for players.....

+3
Paulpowersleftfoot
skyblueoz
blueboy
7 posters

Go down

We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... Empty We're moaning about paying top whack for players.....

Post by blueboy Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:59 pm

could be worse and you'd have to pay £71m for an overweight player who is vastly overrated.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-gonzalo-higuain-5899515
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... Empty Re: We're moaning about paying top whack for players.....

Post by skyblueoz Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:49 pm

i'm certainly not worried about paying top whack, it is the caliber of player that matters more.  I get a sense of dread, when I see us letting players go & then linked to players who are not even as good as the ones we let go.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

We're moaning about paying top whack for players..... Empty Re: We're moaning about paying top whack for players.....

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:01 pm

Who are we letting go who is better than what we are going after? scratch
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:04 pm

blueboy wrote:Who are we letting go who is better than what we are going after? scratch
Milner and Fabian Delph?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:19 pm

But we're not letting Milner go! We wanted him to stay. He chose not to. We can't make him stay.

So we're hardly letting go of any player who is worthy of a place.

Lampard has a contract with NYC FC.

Milner chose to go.

The ones we let go:

Richards or Zaba?

Sinclair or Sterling?

Boyata or DeM/Mangagal/Vinny/Denayer?

City had no choice with Lampard or Milner...that's my point.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:05 am

I think it's more of seasons gone by where we got rid of Nige and replaced with Garcia etc..
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:33 am

but we did let milner go by allowing him to run down his contract, By not offering Richards a new 1 year deal,Richards had the ability to play centre back right back even defensive mid so it was not a question of 1 right back over another it was a decent utility player. Yes we had to let Lampard go as per the deal with New York but my point is the players we are linked with to guarantee home grown, we are going to have to pay top wack, and if that is the case then the likes of delph for 25mill should be totally ignored, not worth a half empty packet of crisps. Last year it was Barry & Lescott, we should at least be looking at home grown then, Now we have dug a hole for ourselves. I agree about Boyata, Sinclair was a mistake to begin with, but there is no guarantee we get Sterling to sign, so not a good example.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:02 pm

skyblueoz wrote:but we did let milner go by allowing him to run down his contract, By not offering Richards a new 1 year deal,Richards had the ability to play centre back right back even defensive mid so it was not a question of 1 right back over another it was a decent utility player. Yes we had to let Lampard go as per the deal with New York but my point is the players we are linked with to guarantee home grown, we are going to have to pay top wack, and if that is the case then the likes of delph for 25mill should be totally ignored, not worth a half empty packet of crisps. Last year it was Barry & Lescott, we should at least be looking at home grown then, Now we have dug a hole for ourselves. I agree about Boyata, Sinclair was a mistake to begin with, but there is no guarantee we get Sterling to sign, so not a good example.
We didn't let Milner or Richards run down their contracts,both of them chose not to sign extensions to their contracts.
Don't really see what more the club could do
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Agree. As I said, we can't force them to stay.

Milner was offered a contract last year as was Micah. He said he didn't want to be a 2nd choice RB and wanted more game time, so he went on loan.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:53 pm

For me the only disappointing things about them leaving is the HG loss, as players i ain't too bothered tbh.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Iheanacho Denayer Pozo Ambrose Lopes Rekik Barker to name a few,supplemented by Stirling and De Bruyne would be more than enough in regards of HG to replace Boyata & co
Essential that whatever transfers are made are actual improvements on the squad as that's clearly not been the case since Marwoods last window and El chuckle bros have been in charge of the recruitment
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:13 pm

I don't think any of those kids would count towards our 25 man PL squad as they are U21 and we can have as many U21s as we like. Even Stirling, if we got him, is U21. De Bruyne is 23 so would count towards the squad.

It's not just an improvement of the squad that's needed, it's an improvement of the first team. Right now, I think we can/have to improve on the RB, one CB, DM and a winger to improve the first team.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:22 pm

but rekik is about to be sold. What if those youngsters don't 1st team game time? I thought we had to have at least 8 home grown in a squad of 25. I am struggling to name more than 3 at the moment.

I still believe we could have done a lot more earlier to resolve the milner / Richards situation. Richards was told by pellegrini he didn't figure in his plans & milner wanted assurances of game time. surely that is not too hard to solve even with a bit of bullshit here & there.

I too believe it is important to improve the squad & quite considerably in order to catch up with Chelsea & keep the chasing pack at bay as they will definitely strengthen.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:36 pm

Milner was given more game time.  He wanted to play in the centre and that was't going to happen.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:42 pm

The rule is you are allowed 17 non HG in a squad of 25. That's why teams have, in the past, gone into a season with maybe 22 or 23 players. You can have as many U21s as you like.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down