Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Milner's reasons for leaving EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
Milner's reasons for leaving EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Milner's reasons for leaving EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Milner's reasons for leaving EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Milner's reasons for leaving EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Milner's reasons for leaving EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Milner's reasons for leaving EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Milner's reasons for leaving EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Milner's reasons for leaving EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Milner's reasons for leaving EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Milner's reasons for leaving

5 posters

Go down

Milner's reasons for leaving Empty Milner's reasons for leaving

Post by Topdawg Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:01 am

Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Milner's reasons for leaving Empty Re: Milner's reasons for leaving

Post by shakencity Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:56 am

No you can't Dawg, and i wish him all the best at Loserpool. His move really doesn't bother me in the slightest tbh, but some of his reasons baffler me a little.

Milner’s decision boils down to the following points: “I thought at times at City I won Player of the Month and then didn’t play for three, four or five games after,” he said. “I feel here if I play well, I’ll keep the shirt. It’s down to me"

But you're not the world class player, you may think you are...and it is a squad game. You also played more games last season than any other outfield player.

“That role of filling in, more when other people aren’t available, playing all over the field. I played every single position except for centre midfield"

Did he?

“They saw me as a big part of the club,” he said. “However, when we come to it, getting to finals and things like that, the default was for me not to play. That’s the way it was and I want to play as much as I can.”

You did play as much as anyone else though and played in most (if not all) CL games. You played a part against Wigan in the Cup Final and played in all the big league games.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:16 am

I think the point he was making was, if Pellegrini sat down and wrote his best starting 11 down, he was not in it..
Yes he was utility and cover and played all the minutes, but not where he wanted to..

It's his choice ultimately and we have the dignity to wish him well on his way and thanks for the service.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:22 am

Moonchester wrote:It's his choice ultimately and we have the dignity to wish him well on his way and thanks for the service.
Fair enough........and couldn't agree more Moon.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:18 am

For what it's worth, I couldn't say a negative word about Milner. Thought he gave 100% every game wherever he played and showed some of the players on far more money, the bare minimum needed in the PL.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:33 am

shakencity wrote:“That role of filling in, more when other people aren’t available, playing all over the field. I played every single position except for centre midfield"

Did he?
No, he didn't. He was never goalkeeper and I don't recall ever seeing him at LB either. And he did play in the centre of midfield (well, sort of) when we were short on strikers and he played in the false 9 position - and played very well, too.

blueboy wrote:For what it's worth, I couldn't say a negative word about Milner. Thought he gave 100% every game wherever he played and showed some of the players on far more money, the bare minimum needed in the PL.
Ditto. He was the most hard working player in the squad and we, as fans, all appreciated him because of the amount of effort he expended and the fact he never moaned, never criticised and never sulked. He wonders if maybe he should've moaned a bit, but really I think he did it the right way. Look at Zaba; he never moaned or sulked either and was up against one of the best RBs in the country. He just kept plugging away until he got his chance and, when he did, he set about making the role his own. Milner's problem was that he was always up against David Silva and, with the best will in the world, he's never going to be able to overthrow Merlin.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:39 am

leopold wrote:
shakencity wrote:“That role of filling in, more when other people aren’t available, playing all over the field. I played every single position except for centre midfield"

Did he?
No, he didn't.  He was never goalkeeper and I don't recall ever seeing him at LB either.  And he did play in the centre of midfield (well, sort of) when we were short on strikers and he played in the false 9 position - and played very well, too.

blueboy wrote:For what it's worth, I couldn't say a negative word about Milner. Thought he gave 100% every game wherever he played and showed some of the players on far more money, the bare minimum needed in the PL.
Ditto. He was the most hard working player in the squad and we, as fans, all appreciated him because of the amount of effort he expended and the fact he never moaned, never criticised and never sulked.  He wonders if maybe he should've moaned a bit, but really I think he did it the right way.  Look at Zaba; he never moaned or sulked either and was up against one of the best RBs in the country.  He just kept plugging away until he got his chance and, when he did, he set about making the role his own.  Milner's problem was that he was always up against David Silva and, with the best will in the world, he's never going to be able to overthrow Merlin.

That was the problem....and with TLMLF being guaranteed a starting place, even when we all called for Milner to be given a shot there instead of him....he actually overachieved for me to play so many games ahead of the likes of Nasri, even when Nasri was hitting a purple patch last season. I think Khaldoon's comments about Milner when he left, sort of sums up the man and the player.
There's not many players that run down their contract, refuse to sign a new one and move to a rival club for free, who get praised after they've left.

See LFC as prime examples.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:06 pm

Oh, the dippers are just so sour about the whole thing, bitching on about loyalty and whatever. Do they seriously expect everyone to be like Stevie G, to play until they retire to the US for small money? Complete jokers they are.

And yet we're the ones with no class. Funny, that.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down