Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City

+2
skyblueoz
blueboy
6 posters

Go down

Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City Empty Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:29 pm

Bookies have suspended the betting...and this rumour comes from Stuart Brennan who's with the squad.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City Empty Re: Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:30 pm

[size=18]13:56[/size]
Just in case you need reminding, here is Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph's statement from just under a week ago when he turned down a move to Manchester City.
"I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight," he said.
"I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City Empty Re: Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City

Post by skyblueoz Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Well that's my weekend totally fucked The cricket & now we get Delph, Get me a Knife......
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:45 pm

For £8m Oz.....it could easily be the best bit of business we do this summer.

I can't see how we can possibly lose out on this deal.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:21 pm

No make that an electric knife. The guy is shite with a capital S. Nothing but nothing he has done in the past makes me think he can be half a decent player. This is a home grown signing only, it is bullshit of the highest order.  If he doesn't perform do you honestly think we would recoup even 4 million back for him with our track record in transfer dealings. I can see quite clearly how we can lose.

That is my final word on the subject as  because he is going to be a city player I will back him and I hope to god I am wrong about him and you are right Blue.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Sky sources understand Fabian Delph is having a medical now ahead of a proposed move to Manchester City.
Delph was photographed entering a south Manchester clinic frequently used by City for player medicals earlier on Friday afternoon.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:29 pm

skyblueoz wrote:No make that an electric knife. The guy is shite with a capital S. Nothing but nothing he has done in the past makes me think he can be half a decent player. This is a home grown signing only, it is bullshit of the highest order.  If he doesn't perform do you honestly think we would recoup even 4 million back for him with our track record in transfer dealings. I can see quite clearly how we can lose.

That is my final word on the subject as  because he is going to be a city player I will back him and I hope to god I am wrong about him and you are right Blue.

I'm right. Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:41 pm

I, for one, am happy with this deal. I like the fact that we could have 3 young England players playing in our first team. I'd like it even more if we could get another, but there may not be the quality out there.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:59 pm

Blimey!  In the space of a week, he's done a complete 180, twice!  Still turns faster than TLF Wink
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:00 pm

Agree Dawg....just don't see how this could in anyway, be bad business.

Look at the last England squad. How much would or have these players gone for?

Goalkeepers
Heaton - £6m?
Hart - £25m?
Green - free

Defenders
Bertrand - £10m
Clyne - £12.5m
Jones - £15m?  Razz
Gibbs - £10m?
Smalling - 50p?
Jagielka - £15m?
Cahill - £25m?

Midfielders
Wilshere - talk of £30m
Henderson - £20m
Lallana - £25m
Barkley - talk of £35-50m
Walcott - £25m?
Milner - free
Delph - £8m!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cleverley - £8m - and Delph is far better player
Townsend - £15m bid from Newcastle
Sterling - £49m

Forwards
Vardy - who knows.
Welbeck - £16m
Austin - £15-20m to Newcastle??
Rooney - £29m.

So, £8m is absolutely nothing for a 24 yr old MF.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:10 pm

I would have liked Clyne, but he'd not have played much with Zabba as first choice.

Who, from that list, would actually get into our first team though?

I don't see anyone except maybe a midfielder fighting for the same spot as Delph.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:18 pm

I think honestly, only Wilshere if fit.

I really think that the Ferdy twins need to be seriously looking over their shoulder....both had a poor season and weren't great. Delph is younger than both, faster than both, so could find himself getting a starting spot if we don't sign De Bruyne or Pogba.

And....he's changed his mind for some reason over 5 days. Why? Promised game time???
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:25 pm

Maybe he was told that no major player would be sold by Villa and now it looks like their main striker is on his way out.

Rather than fight a middle of the table campaign, he can see another battle against relegation that may also affect his England spot.

Maybe he also started to think about how much money he'd be missing out on.

He must be being offered at least £20k - £30k per week more for a 5 year deal, so he'd be giving up over £5M.

Enough to change anyone's mind...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Listen to Collymore on TS...... Razz Razz Razz Razz

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:34 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad ....."what about the hundreds of thousands of Villa fans, some who've bought Delph shirts this week because he said he's staying" Razz Razz Razz

He then said "I've left clubs to better myself. I left Forrest to go to Liverpool to win things" to which the presenter said "So what's the difference? He's obviously seen Villa are now selling their best players"

He's now going on about Villa's trophies of yesteryear...obviously a dipper influence there then! Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:44 pm

If we got Wilshere, who would he push out Bluey? Delph would be the one to go (if he gets past the chuckle brothers). I can't see anyone displacing Silva, Aguero or Sterling.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:46 pm

This is funny as.  I think Leo has it spot on.  They are losing their "best" player to the dippers, so its another bottom of the table scrap.

8m is a steal and I would have him in before either of the chuckle brothers at DM.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:49 pm

I agree BB.....guess it'll depend on whether we get De Bruyne. Maybe he's looked at Benteke going and thought "wtf, I may as well at least try and secure a place at a club that can win something, otherwise, I'll be playing Championship football next season...and make some better money in the process"

But he could easily dispose one of the Ferdy twins and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if one of them is sold in the next few weeks.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:50 pm

see he's got the 18 shirt. wasn't that Barry's number when he came from Villa? if he produces as much as Barry did for City that would make me a lot more cheery. As for Bad business blue, how could we fail with Sinclair bought the future England Winger for 6 million  on the back of some ok performances for Swansea & an average Olympic games, sold him for 2.5 million?????? one example of how we can Lose, Bought Rodwell for 12 million sold for 10 million another example. I'm not having a go but City are littered with this sort of transfer over the years. Right back to the steve Daley days!!!!!!!  I really hope Delph works out now.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:02 pm

You are talking about 3 players there:

Sinclair wasn't an England International, and most of us thought WTF when we signed him.

Neither was Rodwell and he had an already awful injury record.

Johnson, another who wasn't an England player until he signed for us....and he wasn't that bad for us, but we'd moved on as he didn't progress as we thought, as proven since he left.

Unless Delph breaks down and misses 6 months of the next 2 seasons, we'll easily recoup £8m for him.

The thing is, we NEED English players. Stones would be great, but we're talking about £25m+ as Everton have knocked back Chelsea's offer. Other than that, like I posted earlier, who are we going to get to fill those spots for £8m? I can pretty much guarantee NOBODY....so it's good business whether he plays 10 games or 25 games per season.

Last edited by blueboy on Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:17 pm

He's signed. It's official. I'm so excited!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:21 pm

I mite be in a minority but I think it's an excellent signing
I've been impressed seeing him for England & the odd game for Villa 
He's English which we badly need after losing 4 HGs already. He's only 25 & 8 million is a fantastic price 
& we very rarely get a bargain these days
Finally as Blue says if he doesn't come up to expectations we can sell him on and make at least our money back
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:24 pm

agree Tony
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:30 am

Like I said Sinclair was touted as the next England winger after his league & Olympic games showing I never said he was an England international & Rodwell had been included in the England squad before he joined us. I also said I could go trawling through the annuls of history to find a number of examples but
I have highlighted 2 very recent & one from the very distant past to show examples through our past. we made money on Johnson but in hindsight replacing him with Sinclair didn't do us any favours either. I still don't believe we will make our money back on Delph unless he improves which I now sincerely hope he does. If he has the influence that Barry , Milner, Lescott had on us winning championships & cups etc then yes he will have been worth it but now it is await & see game. Like I said Blue I hope you are right.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:32 am

Like I said Oz....I am. Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:34 am

I think we may be surprised and see Delph take the place of the Ferdy twins....his form in the last 6 months for Villa and England was far superior to theirs.

Gonna be interesting.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:51 am

all good then.Delph U Turn....now 1/4 to sign for City Icon_rolleyes
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:19 pm

I thought it was just the scousers who made vile threats against Sterling but somebody on the Villa Board said he hoped Delph broke both his legs this season.  What's up with people - it's not a war.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:48 pm

If they're anything like the dippers, they'll be threatening his new born baby next.

I just don't get fans who take the vile abuse to this level.

Honestly, if Aguero said he was staying for next season and suddenly Real Madrid or Barcelona came in for him and paid us £100m and he left, I'd be gutted, but I would NEVER go to the extreme of bothering to post anything like what I've read on social media this week....it really is pathetic. There's no loyalty in football these days, and why should there be? They are commodities and get paid well for being one. The owners don't give two tosses when they sell a player, but if a player wants to leave a club, some fans go into some mental breakdown over it. Bizarre behaviour.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:22 pm

some take it so personally though like they are spiting them on purpose by leaving, It is akin to splitting up with a loved one, & it is you that is hurt.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Some just need to get a life....it's that simple.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:05 am

Pedro had a release clause in his contract, signed on July 5, 2011. It was for £109million. So it wasn’t a release clause, really. Quite the opposite. It was a set of handcuffs, a big ball and chain.
Barcelona had no intention of selling Pedro at that time, so they set a price no club would pay. When he renewed his deal this year, circumstances had changed. In Pedro’s current contract, the release clause is £22m. An asking price, in other words.
And that’s what Aston Villa had for Fabian Delph, and Christian Benteke too. A price. They are a selling club and even on the day Delph and Benteke agreed their current contracts they were as good as on the market.

The £32.5m that could buy talks with Benteke is simply the ballpark going rate for a successful Premier League striker, and has been for many years. Dimitar Berbatov was £30m in 2008, Andy Carroll £35m in 2011, Romelu Lukaku £28m in 2014. If Benteke realised his potential, he was always going to attract a bid of that significance.
The £8m for Delph was a snip, pure and simple. At the time it was written into his contract, earlier this year, Delph had impressed as an international footballer after breaking into England’s midfield.
Indeed, it was presumed Delph had agreed to the clause as a compromise, because he knew he would be moving in the summer and it was a way of ensuring Villa came out with at least a little profit on the £6m they paid Leeds United for him in 2009. Had Aston Villa set his release clause anywhere near his true worth in the current market, he simply would not have signed.

So hold the outraged sermons on loyalty. Delph made a mistake when he rejected Manchester City’s initial offer, but came to his senses in the end. Within 48 hours of that decision it became plain Benteke would soon be signing for Liverpool, and the club Delph had pledged to captain through this season would not be lining up as he imagined.
Whether he was misled, or simply made a misjudgement, the reality was plain. Villa are a selling club and Delph decided he wasn’t going to be the last one out of the door. Having received assurances that he wasn’t being bought to lead Manchester City’s assault on the Capital One Cup, it was easy enough to reactivate the release clause and the deal was done in a day.
Delph may seem more of a fit in an improving Villa team than a leading light in the Champions League, but he has made the right call. The same one Ron Vlaar made when he chose to take his chances as a free agent.

Cue the standard fury. Sorry, but that’s business. Delph didn’t threaten a strike, or call in sick, his agent didn’t rubbish the club or their manager to the newspapers.
His clause did exactly what it was supposed to do: sold the player for a price Villa considered fair. If the club weren’t interested in a deal, their escape clauses would have been well in excess of market value, as Pedro’s was.
Barcelona were never going to enter negotiations at £109m: the price was a giant Keep Out sign, complete with barking guard dogs and an electric fence.
Yet the day Delph, and Benteke, made their commitment to Villa they were in the shop window. Villa weren’t demanding loyalty, they were subtly shaping the market. It is not fair to the players to pretend otherwise.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down