Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City vs Roma Live Thread

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 Empty City vs Roma Live Thread

Post by blueboy Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Live Stream: if needed. http://cricfree.sx/

Team News to follow.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: City vs Roma Live Thread

Post by Topdawg Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:01 pm

Unstoppable from Hart

Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Well done Little Joe!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Kolorov was not only shit during the 2nd half, his turning his back on the free kick, then a terrible pen..... Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:40 pm

I watched the whole game live here in oz and I thought Garcia had a good 1st half was well involved in a lot of build up & defensive play only got pushed off the ball a couple of times, reading your comments it looks like I was watching a different game.

All the kids did really well was impressed with all. Unal showed some good touches but Dawg is right he needs to build on his strength a bit. t appears that what Wilcox, Viera & Pellegrini coach seems to be on the same levels as the youngsters seemed to fit seamlessly in with the more experienced 1st teamers. Agree that kolarov & Navas are utter garbage. The kids really showed navas up. Zuccilini is looking good, I was a bit worried about him as he was loaned out last year to 2 Spanish clubs & couldn't get regular starts for either the latter one being relegated. I thought he may not be as good as we hoped, but has looked impressive so far.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:55 pm

Garcia was OK for the first 10-15 mins, but was then non-existent Oz.

I'm all for giving the kids a fair ride....but to say he was 'good' is a little kind IMO.

Kelechi was good. Denayer was good. Lopes was good.

Zuculini, Horsfield, Garcia, Unal and even Barker, were OK and had a few moments in the game, but apart from Barker's mugging off of the RB, he really didn't do a great deal.

I'm not being harsh, considering they were playing a pretty much full strength Roma, and the signs are very promising, but I wouldn't go overboard just yet.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:05 pm

I think Barker is improving his thought processes and starting to think for himself. Either last summer or the friendly in Abu Dhabi, it seemed he needed telling what to do. Here, apart from one gash of a pass to Yaya, he showed some neat touches. I thought Lopes started the 2nd half well too. Even though Unal is young, I'm not too sure from what I've seen so far (admittedly not much).

Iheanacho was always going to be in the first team squad and he's showing us why. Lopes will probably join him and Garcia may sneak in though I'd rather the other really promising kids go on loan to good clubs (like Denayer did) and come back as men.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:17 pm

it's funny how the Australian tv station coverage really seemed to emphasize how much Garcia did, You say he faded after the 1st 15 mins? well the coverage I was watching id say he disappeared the the last 10 to 15 mins. as most of the kids only had 45 mins id say they all showed a great amount of promise.

I am not going overboard but I was surprised to see what a good level they are at considering their ages & who they were up against. 

They always look good when playing teams in the uefa champs league u21 comp but up against seasoned professionals they looked right at home and not overawed.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:23 pm

was waiting for the stadium half empty comments from utd fans on 606 & they did not disappoint. Liverpool fans as well bragging how they got 53,000 yesterday. well Liverpool are a big draw over here, but considering the mcg holds 110,000 & the crowd was 44,000 for a Tuesday night game i'd say a good showing.

Aussie refs are pretty shit though aren't they???? so bad infact I was hoping twattenburg might get a 2nd half run out. City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 Affraid
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:34 pm

TBF Oz, that was just my opinion. I didn't hear anything said about Garcia on the stream I was watching, in fact, especially in the 2nd half, the comments were very positive on how we had 3 Manchester lads playing and on how well the kids had adapted, especially as Roma started to have the ball a bit more and pressed us.

I'm not being over-critical...honest. I've watched and followed the EDS/U18 teams for many years and they really do excite me, especially Barker. I thought he did OK today and shown a little more confidence on and off the ball, making the right runs to track back. Something he doesn't necessarily do with the EDS as much, so the training with the 1st team and the instructions have clearly got through.

I honestly think Maffeo has a better chance of breaking through sooner than Garcia. That kid has a little bit of class about him.

Oh, and here's why I don't tend to go too over-the-top when you read shit like this:

http://talksport.com/football/liverpool-news-not-getting-carried-away-joe-gomez-par-beckenbauer-150720158315
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:52 pm

but I am not a delusional Liverpool supporter i was very pleasantly surprised at the level our youngsters
are performing.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:53 pm

did you get the footage of a pissed off looking Dzeko & Jovetic on the bench?
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

Yeah, that was funny:

City vs Roma Live Thread - Page 2 Statler-Waldorf-Head-Bobbing
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Those guys look happier and have a brighter future at City than Dzeko and Jovetic...

BTW, has Dzeko or Jovetic featured on the tour at all? Maybe this is a way to really piss them off and encourage them to leave...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:42 pm

TBF, couldn't give a toss. Both have had plenty of opportunities, especially Dzeko. If he gave 100% every game, I wouldn't mind, but he's a lazy fucker.

Jovetic, I have a tiny bit of sympathy for, only for his injuries....but that doesn't mean I don't want him sold.

I think they both saw today that Kelechi is the future for MP, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they both put in transfer request this or next week. The Euro's are next year, so neither will want to be playing 4th/5th choice striker and rarely playing....especially as Dzeko is the Captain.

Oh, and I thought I heard the commentator saying that there's ANOTHER AFCON next year! if correct, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you want 3 strikers Dawg?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:44 pm

3 strikers doesn't scare me but I understand why people want 4. Which half decent striker will want to come as number 3 or 4 especially if we only play one up top?
MEN say they are the only senior players not to have featured on tour so it's obvious they should be going. I agree that Dzeko should go but I do feel sympathy for Joveyic
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:02 am

lots of rumours here this morning of dzeko joining roma & lajic going the other way. the guy who got their 2nd goal. cant see us taking on another midfielder though unless we use him as a striker.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:12 am

1+1=5
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend