Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
City Live.... EmptyToday at 11:53 am by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
City Live.... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
City Live.... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
City Live.... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
City Live.... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
City Live.... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
City Live.... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
City Live.... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
City Live.... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
City Live.... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City Live....

4 posters

Go down

City Live.... Empty City Live....

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:12 am

See it says on the website that you could have watched it live on mcfc.co.uk! They must have put that up late to try and sell more tickets.

Was going to go, but my lad passed his driving test yesterday afternoon, so we all went out to celebrate.

Anyway, the winners:

Goal of the Season - Duggan

EDS Player of the Season - Angelino

Player of the Season - Aguero
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

City Live.... Empty Re: City Live....

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:33 am

Watched some of it. Doesn't Mike Wedderburn look fat?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:59 am

TV puts pounds on you..... Razz Razz Razz Razz

Better not watch BBC Breakfast tv in the morning then - I might on it!! affraid
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:08 am

let me know when. I always look out for friends on tv or radio
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:17 am

Waiting to hear from them today. The BBC contacted me on Tuesday afternoon, asking if they could come and film some training taking place about Disruptive Passengers on board aircraft - 2 days bloody notice!

Anyway, we had a chat over the phone about it and I called around and gave them some contacts that were able to do it at short notice, but then they came back and asked if I would go into the studio in Salford and be interviewed live. So I said yes.

They said they'd get back to me today if they had time in the slot to fit me in. Been on a diet all week!  Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:59 am

If you need a disruptive passenger.....

I've been binging all week!!! Even my mother complained yesterday that I was killing myself eating so much.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:18 am

I've got a right grump on too with the missus being snarky this week, I'm only round the corner at Harbour City tram stop  Surprised)
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:40 am

Topdawg wrote:If you need a disruptive passenger.....

I've been binging all week!!! Even my mother complained yesterday that I was killing myself eating so much.

Is that the criteria for a disruptive passenger? A fat, middle-aged male? Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:41 am

I wasn't offering myself as the disruptive passenger, but my 6yo who always kicks the guy sitting in front of him!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:43 am

Topdawg wrote:I wasn't offering myself as the disruptive passenger, but my 6yo who always kicks the guy sitting in front of him!

Yeah, very annoying that. Mine used to get a clip around the ear if they did it. Can't tell you the amount of on board incidents start by that very thing. Evil or Very Mad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:08 am

My kids have only been told off by other passengers very occasionally though. People just stay quiet. I tell my kids off if I notice them doing it. Maybe people worry that the parents will go off on one if you criticise their kids
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:15 am

Doing a live phone broadcast in the morning for BBC radio 06:30-06:45!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:16 am

which station?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:17 am

Will let you know.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:19 am

Topdawg wrote:My kids have only been told off by other passengers very occasionally though. People just stay quiet. I tell my kids off if I notice them doing it. Maybe people worry that the parents will go off on one if you criticise their kids

And that's what tends to happen. People turn around and complain, the fathers or mothers then start on each other and if not dealt with immediately, it can escalate quickly.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Doing another recording tonight at 19:30 for 5 Live, to be played from 05:00 onwards tomorrow.

All about drunk passengers:

- what can aviation do about them?
- are the encounters increasing?
- should they be arrested? affraid

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:58 pm

We try to avoid bird strikes because, even though they are probably rare, they can be dangerous. So why don't we work harder to avoid drunken passengers?

I think the airlines are partly to blame by selling booze on planes, especially to already pissed up passengers.

I don't have an issue with breathalysing passengers before travel and banning the sale of alcohol on planes.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:45 pm

Cheers Dawg. Just to answer your points:

Airlines are partly responsible for selling booze on board, but it's a very big revenue earner for them. That's how they can give you your seat so cheaply. On average, an airline will make $5 per head profit, per sector from the flight sale alone. So, you can see why they need to make further money via sales.

However, I would say that 99% of crew are trained proficiently well enough, to not sell more booze to passengers that are clearly drunk and no longer in control, as ultimately, they have to deal with the consequences.

The bars however, in the terminal should be held more accountable. They can serve copious amounts of alcohol, and then suddenly, the effects manifest themselves after take off, at altitude.

Breathalysers - would be good, however, as it currently stands, only a Police Officer or a medical professional can determine or call somebody 'drunk' or 'under the influence'. Who would be in charge of this for every single passenger (bar children)? Who pays for this?

Over the years I've been heavily involved in disruptive passenger training for aircrew and operators....so I've come across all the arguments, all the solutions.......there has to be one, but I personally think it starts with the main culprits who serve them the most alcohol, the terminal bars. Then, the gate staff stopping passengers from walking down the airbridge to the aircraft, leaving it to the cabin crew to deal with. Stop them in the terminal where they have the support of Police and Security to assist them if they think a passenger is too drunk to board. But they don't. Most gate/check-in staff are now employed by Ground Service Providers and not the airline, as in my days of flying. Therefore, there is less accountability or recourse from the aircrew if a drunk passengers boards the aircraft. They used to be employed by the airline so knew all the crew.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:13 pm

There are many points where action could be taken.

Stop selling alcohol on planes would be my starting point.
Try not to let pissed up people onto planes.
Stop selling alcohol at airports. Yes, people could still bring their own booze, but why provide assistance in getting them drunk?

How often have you seen guys having a drink at 8am in the morning? That's just ridiculous.

I used to go on a footy tour about 10-12 years ago. Most people were in their 30s-50s. We'd meet at 6.30 am for the coach and I'm sure a few were drinking on the coach on the way to Calais. We'd stop at Calais and some headed straight for the boozer. They'd keep drinking until we left Calais for wherever we were going (Belgium or France). Then they'd drink all evening long and into the night. They really didn't respect alcohol at all. No wonder we'd get stuffed when we played on Saturday morning!

If people aren't going to respect the alcohol, just don't let them have any.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Topdawg wrote:There are many points where action could be taken.

Stop selling alcohol on planes would be my starting point.
Try not to let pissed up people onto planes.
Stop selling alcohol at airports. Yes, people could still bring their own booze, but why provide assistance in getting them drunk?

How often have you seen guys having a drink at 8am in the morning? That's just ridiculous.

I used to go on a footy tour about 10-12 years ago. Most people were in their 30s-50s. We'd meet at 6.30 am for the coach and I'm sure a few were drinking on the coach on the way to Calais. We'd stop at Calais and some headed straight for the boozer. They'd keep drinking until we left Calais for wherever we were going (Belgium or France). Then they'd drink all evening long and into the night. They really didn't respect alcohol at all. No wonder we'd get stuffed when we played on Saturday morning!

If people aren't going to respect the alcohol, just don't let them have any.

Must have had 300+ replies on FB asking these questions to my aircrew friends.

To deal with your points:

1 - I think I've explained why selling alcohol on board is essential.

2 - That's always difficult. No passenger who is pissed, would be allowed on board an aircraft - ie falling all over the place. Only a Police officer or medical professional can determine if somebody is drunk. Problem is, the effects of what they drink in the terminal, only manifests itself once on board, otherwise, they wouldn't be allowed to board.

Pubs/Bars in the terminal are to blame for most of these incidents. Restrict the amount somebody can buy - a stamp on their boarding card? Passport and boarding card having to be shown to buy a drink at the bar, just like you have to present it at Boots/WH Smith to buy a sandwich or paper!! Two drinks maximum allowed. Problem is, the bars have massive overheads, so need to make enough to pay the airport owners.

Didn't realise, Duty Free sell miniatures and small bottles of wine 2 for 3, and tell pax to buy them to save paying for them on board! Again, back to a commission based job and profit needed to pay for their rent!#

Tag the DF booze like they do in USA. Buy it, and collect it on the air bridge when its sealed and with a big red tag on it. More difficult to open it secretly.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Selling alcohol on board is essential??? Rolling Eyes

Ban alcohol on all flights. If the price of the flight goes up, so be it. Why should we endanger anyone for the sake of making a few extra quid?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:02 pm

Topdawg wrote:Selling alcohol on board is essential??? Rolling Eyes

Ban alcohol on all flights. If the price of the flight goes up, so be it. Why should we endanger anyone for the sake of making a few extra quid?

I'm not saying it is, but is a fact on how airlines make a profit, especially those that charge less for flights/packages. Many, many scheduled carriers have gone from free drinks and meals to charging for them, as they realise how much revenue it brings in. Also, we have to be realistic and say that 99% of people are responsible. It's not the drinking on flights Dawg that is the problem. Crew won't serve passengers that are clearly drunk and out of control. The main problem is what they drink before they board a flight, that manifests itself once on board and in flight, at altitude, when hypoxia contributes to their physical state. Trust me on this...from experience of years of dealing with disruptive passengers in the air and on the ground from a training department perspective.

Anyway, just done my Radio 5 Live (not live obviously, as it's recorded) interview, to be cut from 10 mins to 1 min, aired from 05:00 in the morning onwards throughout the day.

Not sure why they have chosen now to deal with this.....nothing major has happened. Must be a slow week. Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:08 pm

I've no doubt that some passengers get pissed, or more pissed, with in flight drinks. Ban them.

I think you have to hit every area where there could be a problem. Unfortunately, many innocent people will get caught out because of a few arseholes, but it's better to be safe.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Sales vs Safety Culture Dawg.......unfortunately!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:51 pm

As i understand it, with breathalysers you are legally required to comply with a police officer's request to provide a breath test whereas with anyone else i.e. cabin crew you can just politely decline or, if you are a piss head, tell them to stick it up their arse   Rolling Eyes
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:34 pm

So, if we pay some more dough, can we skip security checks too?

Safety comes first, second and third.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:48 am

Just done Radio London breakfast show.

Here's the 5 Live interview from last night, they are playing during today - start at 06:00.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b063zn2d
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:42 am

Have to wait until 6 minutes for Andy. Very quiet and polite. Are you sure it's you buddy? Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:14 am

I was on my best behaviour!  Shocked
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:22 am

It's one of the new items on BBC Breakfast TV News too.   Are you on that too Blue?

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:24 am

Andy has the face for radio...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:25 am

Topdawg wrote:Andy has the face for radio...

Sad Sad Sad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:27 am

blisteringblue wrote:It's one of the new items on BBC Breakfast TV News too.   Are you on that too Blue?

That was what they initially asked me to do, but i couldn't arrange a time for them to film us training crew, so put them in touch with some other companies.

I've done a live interview on Radio London this morning about 06:40.

Forgot about the BBC one, wonder who's doing it?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:34 am

Ah, Thomas Cook did it at Alteon in Cheadle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33815497
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:59 am

Watching the end of that film, the 'youf' think people are just having fun when they are annoying on a plane. 'They're on holiday' says the skinny girl looking for plenty of shags in Ibiza...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:06 am

Blue, very professional.   That must be your twin  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:51 pm

I saw that girl too dawg, what a plank "I think they're funny, they're just enjoying themselves, they're on holiday"
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:53 pm

That wasn't the nutta off here thats always ranting about stuff was it?   Mad ( Wink )
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:10 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:17 pm

Well done mate, good piece Smile
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Cheers MCM.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:08 pm

Radio London interview with Paul Ross and the sexy Penny Smith this morning:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02xkflj#play

Start time: 38:05.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:30 pm

kin ell mate, the woman is nearly 60....
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:05 am

Topdawg wrote:kin ell mate, the woman is nearly 60....

She's 56! I'm quite partial to an older sort.

Don't get me started on Helen Mirren! Twisted Evil
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down