Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Lopes to be loaned out? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 11:01 pm by shakencity

» Pep’s at it again
Lopes to be loaned out? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Lopes to be loaned out? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Lopes to be loaned out? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Lopes to be loaned out? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Lopes to be loaned out? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Lopes to be loaned out? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Lopes to be loaned out? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Lopes to be loaned out? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Lopes to be loaned out? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Lopes to be loaned out?

2 posters

Go down

Lopes to be loaned out? Empty Lopes to be loaned out?

Post by Topdawg Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:20 am

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfers-rony-lopes-9906386

Brought into the 1st team squad and now looks like he'll go out on loan.

Kids have no chance.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Lopes to be loaned out? Empty Re: Lopes to be loaned out?

Post by blueboy Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:54 am

It's getting beyond a joke.

The problem with this whole issue for me, is down to us winning fuck all last season. MP can't afford another season without silverware, so he's clearly having to look after his job first, before thinking about youth development.
I can understand this.

However, what's disappointing is how this cycle may go for the next few years. God knows, we could be talking another 5-6 years before we get a chance to see any kids break through into the first team.

For the past 3 seasons, we've seen exciting kids with the potential to break into the first team squad, but apart from the odd sub appearance, the odd C1C game, it's all petered out to nothing every time.

I really thought this season, the likes of Lopes, Denayer, Kelechi and Roberts would get some opportunities to shine. Well in the space of 7 days, it looks like Denayer will be off somewhere on loan or possibly sold, Lopes may go back on loan again, or may even be sold this time around, so that leaves Roberts and Kelechi, who may get the odd games in the cups, and possibly a run out from the bench in the PL on the odd occasion.

Considering Kelechi hasn't been at City long and Roberts was bought in the summer, where does that leave the likes of Barker, Celina, Maffeo, Pozo? Kicking their heels again in the EDS or off on loan somewhere....and they are looking at 2 players who may stay in the first team squad and think "he's been bought this summer, he's only been here 18 months, what about our chance?"

If we win the PL and a trophy, or progress further in the CL, then that would be a decent season. Come next season, this cycle may start again, but who is possibly going to come through or come back, to challenge the first team squad and how many spots will be up for grabs? Not many.

Denayer may come back a better player, but he'd be coming back to a team with 3 top CB's, so unless he progresses significantly, that means the manager is forced to drop Vinny or Otamendi, he'll be a squad player at best.

Like I said, I can understand WHY the manager is thinking this way, but it's very frustrating, especially for the fans and the kids - and especially for Denayer who I think has been treated badly in the whole issue.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Lopes to be loaned out? Empty Re: Lopes to be loaned out?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down