Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
What's the point..... EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
What's the point..... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
What's the point..... EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
What's the point..... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
What's the point..... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
What's the point..... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
What's the point..... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
What's the point..... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
What's the point..... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
What's the point..... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What's the point.....

+2
Wensdi
shakencity
6 posters

Go down

What's the point..... Empty What's the point.....

Post by shakencity Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:48 am

of those totally useless and inept byline linesmen?

How many times over the years have we said this, yet they continue to baffle us by never getting anything so plainly obvious right.

The penalty they got was so much of a dive that Tom Daley's now put it into his next routine...yet the linesman never said anything.

The 2nd one they never got, was absolutely nailed on. Fernandihos tackle was utter madness, yet the linesman (who was literally 4ft away) never deemed it a foul. To rub salt into their player wounds, the referee booked their player for diving.

And last but not least, how the hell did he not give the "knee'd goal" from Demichellis?
The ball was a good yard over the line, yet despite watching it all the way, the linesman never said or gave anything.

That decision alone could have ended up costing City lost millions in revenue.

Surely the time has come for someone (if not everyone) to put forward their exclusion from next season....afterall, there really is no point in them being there whatsoever.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

What's the point..... Empty Re: What's the point.....

Post by Wensdi Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:18 am

Spot on Den except I didn't think the second one ala Dino was a nailed on pen.  The guy threw himself after trailing his leg.  I mentioned in another post that Demi got our goal - kneed it well over the line - but fair play to Otamendi - he made sure.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Those fifth and sixth officials are UEFA's platitude to the growing mass of support for goal-line technology to be introduced to the game. They still clearly want to have some control over how games play out, I guess.

What happened to us last night, even though justice was served eventually, should at least be used to prove that their inclusion is bollocks.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:45 pm

The goal line judge can only officiate one decision that is the goal, which he got totally wrong. The penalty decisions are out of his jurisdiction that is down to the refs assistant running the line & the ref. That is why I have said all along what is the point of these extra officials?
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:08 pm

The goal was what I meant, Oz. Although the ref did consult the baton waver for both penalty shouts of theirs, I noticed.

Does make you wonder why they're there, though. The guy had one job!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:15 am

skyblueoz wrote:The penalty decisions are out of his jurisdiction that is down to the refs assistant running the line & the ref.
Well i never knew that.

Yet they are the ones who're gonna be closest to any tackles in the box....seems crazy to me Rolling Eyes .

The sooner they go with the watches that the referees wear in the PL the better, there'd have been no question over whether it went in or not then would there.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:37 am

I remember when they 1st announced the new rule of an official behind the goal rather than goal line technology. The official excuse was that it had to be a system that could universally be used from grass roots up. The question I had with that logic was, when I played the game at local level we had enough trouble finding someone to run the line as it was without finding 2 extra for behind the goals.

That is when it was announced they had no influence on a refs decision or assistant refs they were there solely for goal line decisions only.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:16 pm

skyblueoz wrote:The question I had with that logic was, when I played the game at local level we had enough trouble finding someone to run the line as it was without finding 2 extra for behind the goals.
Sometimes, I had issues even getting a referee for matches, never mind people to work the lines. And how many times did you get a parent who spent his time chatting with his fellow dads, occasionally stopping to yell "Offside!" even though he was only doing ins and outs! Still, I guess that's the quality they were aiming for with the Harry Potter officials, none of them seem to be able to focus on the task in hand...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:52 am

Nicolas Otamendi celebrated what he thought was his first Manchester City goal at Borussia Monchengladbach, only to see it put down as a Andreas Christensen own goal. And now it is officially Martin Demichelis' strike.
Demichelis' shot was cleared from behind the goal line on Wednesday night, only none of the officials indicated the ball had crossed the line and, while City players appealed and Gladbach defenders froze, Otamendi hammered the ball in via a wicked Christensen deflection.
Now, though, it has emerged Uefa representatives have since listened to a recording of referee Clement Turpin communicating with an additional assistant official, and the goal has gone to Demichelis.
A Uefa statement read: "The referee immediately reported that the goal should have been awarded to Martin Demichelis for his initial attempt on goal - and that the additional assistant referee had clearly indicated the ball had crossed the line after that shot.

"As it was too late to correct the identity of the scorer at that time, the audio recordings were reviewed this morning and confirmed the statement of the referee regarding the attribution of the goal to Demichelis. UEFA hereby confirms that decision."

Wouldn't want UEFA to admit goal line technology is what's required rather than some baton wielding fuckwit on the goal line,now would we?
That smacks of utter bullshit to me to save face
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:59 am

I can still smell it too..
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:17 am

Of course it is bullshit. Begs the question, what if Otamendi had blazed his shot wide?  goal kick???
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:36 am

skyblueoz wrote:Of course it is bullshit. Begs the question, what if Otamendi had blazed his shot wide?  goal kick???
Absolutely,there's no way they gave Demichellis the goal
Corrupt bastards the lot of them
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down