Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

skyblueoz

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Paris attacks EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Paris attacks EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Paris attacks EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Paris attacks EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Paris attacks EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Paris attacks EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Paris attacks EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Paris attacks EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Paris attacks EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Paris attacks EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Paris attacks

+3
Topdawg
Paulpowersleftfoot
skyblueoz
7 posters

Go down

Paris attacks Empty Paris attacks

Post by Topdawg Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:15 pm

Very scary again. Brother in law was in Paris tonight but seems like he left before it all went off.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Paris attacks Empty Re: Paris attacks

Post by blueboy Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:21 am

Bloody awful. Was up til 3 watching it unfold.

Glad you and your family are safe Dawg.

It'd be interesting to find out how many of the attackers were recruited from camps in Calais. And they want us to open our borders to them?

Cela signifie la guerre!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:49 am

I'd be surprised if any came from Calais. Just a few men with automatic weapons can create so much havoc. You just can't stop this sort of thing from happening.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:54 am

woke up to it being all over the news this morning At 7.00am. Texted my daughters friend whom she stayed with for a few days last year when we came over, as she lives in the heart of Paris. she must have been close to one of the bombs as she mentioned a loud explosion then streets being cordoned off. She managed to just get through the cordon in time to get home. I feel sorry for her & her family as they are originally from Beirut but have lived in France for over 20 yrs. they do get looked at because of their arab looks but all are Christians not muslim. Her fateher died when she was 7 she is now 18, & at college. between her mother, her older brother & herself they look after the youngest who is about 12. Her mum works long hours , It was good to know all were safe.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:56 am

From what I've read over the past month or so, ISIS must have used the opportunity to smuggle fighters into the crowds fleeing Syria to Europe.

If you see the mass exodus across some of the borders, 80% are men of fighting age 18-30.

Like you said, it doesn't take much to cause havoc with a few IED's and automatic weapons. It was very well coordinated, spreading the simulated attacks across Paris to spread the responders thinly.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:00 am

Utter bastards need wiping off the face of the earth.
Doesn't feel like a war that can be won though 
Be surprised if the swollen European countries don't use it as an excuse to shut the borders and control the migration
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:25 pm

France borders are closed, but planes and trains still coming and going.

there's going to be a lot of police/army/secret service people visiting appartments all over Paris in the coming days.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:00 am

They are coming through the channel tunnel, intelligence says they use it as one of their routes, I heard that from a very good source.
I am stationed there and have been told we now have to respond to migrants in the tunnel and shepherd them to a place of safety, armed only with a hi-vis jacket and a radio!
When I questioned this and asked how we would deal with a jihadi with a bomb strapped to him, I was laughed at and told "don't be stupid, these people are lovely, they will want to hug you and you are more likely to get kissed than assaulted"
To use a currently popular phrase, this latest attack is a game changer.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:08 am

Seems like some of the attackers came from Belgium. All borders will be tightened now.

I travel using the channel tunnel many times each year and half the time I don't even have to show my passport because there is no-one there.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:03 am

I think that's gonna change now Dawg.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:49 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3318379/Hunt-Isis-killers-Syrian-passport-body-suicide-bomber-Stade-France.html

So, if one of the terrorists sneaked into the country via Greece, under the guise of a refugee, as I said Dawg, how many are in the Calais camps trying to get into the UK?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Who knows bluey. Lots of information and misinformation at the moment. The Egyptian passport found at the SDF seems to have been that of an innocent football fan (so the Egyptian authorities tell us).

I think it may be a while before we get the facts.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:51 am

I doubt we'll ever get the full facts. We never really do. Most of the time, they wait till the dust settles and then brush it under the rug marked "Stuff we don't want to deal with."

I'm also not sure how we stop it. Closing the borders might help, but it's like cockroaches - once you've got 'em, they're a bugger to get rid of. The only flaw in my analogy is, cockroaches are easier to identify.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:53 am

We are all suffering from the mistakes made by other people. Those people 'elected' to 'represent' us.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:37 pm

When Germany and other EU countries were flinging their doors open wide to these Afghan/Syrian/Iraqi 'refugees', UK was looked at with scorn when we announced that we would take a few thousand but would be pumping millions into the camps outside Syria to help these people in their own country.
This was the more sensible approach because:
a) It meant these people got the help on the ground in their own country without them needing to make the perilous sea crossing;
b) thousands of young men of fighting age are not streaming into European countries un-screened or un-processed.
Merkel soon changed her mind when she saw how many were getting in and closed the border with Austria pretty sharpish.
It turns out the UK policy was the more sensible reaction after all.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Agree.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:44 am

Shutting the doors makes no difference to us,the fuckers are already here,many of them "British"
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:17 am

What annoys me is that over 380 of the 750 Brits who went to fight in Syria, have now landed back on these shores. How have we allowed this to happen?

Interesting interview that the West won't get to hear:

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:51 am

Putin makes some very astute points about America's intentions not necessarily being in the best interests of all concerned. He's right about the mercenary armies and the arming of countries - I seem to remember it being kept very quiet that the Iraqi soldiers firing on the US and British soldiers were using American weapons, provided to them so they could defend themselves against Iran. He's also pretty much spot on about the US's imperialistic tendencies; this is something that much of Europe (including Russia) can't be too critical of as we've all had our own dreams of world domination. But then America is a young country and hasn't learned the lessons we have here.

He also said something that I believe to be true, although he says it in a much more off-hand way: Russia is not, and never has been, the enemy. Putin rightly points out that Russia helped the US gain independence from Britain. Russia were also on our side in both World Wars (and they joined a bloody sight earlier than the Americans as well).

However, what he doesn't mention is the fact that his own country are also guilty of arming the enemy. He doesn't mention the fact that the attacks in Paris were done using Kalashnikov rifles, which Russia probably supplied to Syria in the first place. He conveniently overlooks the fact that his country was the beneficiary of the resources he condemns America for securing in Iraq (i.e. oil). And he neatly sidesteps his own country's skirmish with the Ukraine whilst condemning America for their own imperialism. And the best bit of all: He talks about considering the interests of others and respecting people, but it's still illegal to be gay in his country.

All that said, I think it's a very calm and reasonable presentation from a man who the US believed would be the one to kick off WW3. Putin says he isn't interested in a fight with the US and, on the strength of what he's said here, I'm inclined to believe him.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:45 pm

If you have an interest in this area, read the following book:

Paris attacks Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRABxwtyKSPW-WTapY8WEmCHSLcpKtsLARGSde6caWWNI6umFWz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:48 pm

I've also read this book by him, and no, it's not a conspiracy theory book on 9/11. It just highlights FACTS that are freely available on the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, oil procurement, business dealings by the US government and the Taliban to install oil pipelines across the country. Really interesting piece of history, that sadly, we're now feeling across Europe with the latest incidents.

Paris attacks Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA4uyub0FEDKJ4_cb48I0CckZNqiIsy2tv4imcOKoIbADzQbJG
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:01 pm

There's too much lying shit gong on from all sides.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down